[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Grizzly

Re: [REL] ProMods: Canada v1.1.0 updates and discussion

#1771 Post by Grizzly » 18 Nov 2021 13:40

Yeah great work and it does seem better optimised than the first release.
Travismods

#1772 Post by Travismods » 18 Nov 2021 21:06

I am having issues with some of the turns and bends in the new update. Some of the new roads are so narrow that I cant go around them without hitting oncoming traffic or stones and nature with a trailer. Anyone else have this issue?
Grizzly

#1773 Post by Grizzly » 18 Nov 2021 22:41

Yeah, don't take big trailers up the North West :lol:
Adrian Zgripcea

#1774 Post by Adrian Zgripcea » 19 Nov 2021 00:22

I'm really liking the new mountain roads. They give you a good challenge, while not being too extreme like on other maps. Although my trailer didn't really like them :lol:
YorkpXpertYD

#1775 Post by YorkpXpertYD » 19 Nov 2021 01:03

Really impressed with the new work in 1.1.0, Highway 99 is now a true highlight of the entire game! Great to see more roads added to the Vancouver area, and the port is amazing. Also so glad to finally see the North Shore mountains from Vancouver. I really only have one gripe, and it’s that the mountains to the north of Coquitlam and Maple Ridge are still missing. In real life, the Port Mann Bridge has a dramatic view of Golden Ears looking Northeast. Would be great to see this area added, as well as an urbanization of Kelowna in future updates. Nonetheless, still some top notch work that makes me even more excited for the future of Promods Canada
Last edited by YorkpXpertYD on 19 Nov 2021 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
beto1912

#1776 Post by beto1912 » 19 Nov 2021 01:26

Yeah, be prepared to be stuck (having to call emergency tow) or get damage on your trailer on those tight mountain hairpins. The view makes up for it, though.
Laqueesha

#1777 Post by Laqueesha » 19 Nov 2021 03:08

Those windy roads remind me of driving in ETS2. Lots of flipped trailers there. :D
Travismods

#1778 Post by Travismods » 19 Nov 2021 07:20

Laqueesha wrote: 19 Nov 2021 03:08 Those windy roads remind me of driving in ETS2. Lots of flipped trailers there. :D
Thats what I feel is weird in Promods canada, it feels like its scaled for smaller european trucks. Apart from the small stretches of multilane highways I find it really hard to drive an american truck with a trailer on this mod, unlike other map mods which have wider roads and longer less inclined bends. Shouldnt american trucks be able to fit on canadian roads IRL? I feel like they have built these turns with ETS2 cabovers and small trailers in mind.
LAFAYET47

#1779 Post by LAFAYET47 » 19 Nov 2021 09:20

If you are talking about the BC-99 running between Horseshoe Bay and Cache Creek, go and check google maps sir. This road is indeed VERY narrow, steep and windy IRL. I have a feeling that not many trucks go thru it, probably the timber trucks and some dumpers maybe? Our canadian colleagues could confirm it....but it doesn't look like the most truck friendly route in the world.

You didn't tell us anyway what truck-trailer combo you were running...I mean, it just doesn't make sense to me bring the biggest and badass American truck to a windy and mountainous road of BC and then complain that these type of roads are not made for them or Promods just built the map with a "ETS2 cabover mindset"...
Trucker_71

#1780 Post by Trucker_71 » 19 Nov 2021 09:42

I've lived in Abbotsford BC since 1975 and during that entire time I was a truck driver, I have never once gone past Squamish on that highway. I've never been to Pemberton or Lillooet. Frieght moves from Vancouver to Cache Creek, Prince George or Kamloops up the Trans Canada Highway through the Fraser Canyon or from Vancouver to Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Golden and on to Alberta the main route is up the Coquihalla and then Trans Canada #1 on to Alberta. Princeton, Penticton Osoyoos and Cranbrook are reached by travelling the #3 Highway which is windy & scenic also, but is a truck lane.
Going on the 99 through Pemberton and Lillooet may be fun in ATS but it's unrealistic and impractical in real life. The truck traddic using that highway would be more likely just regional delivery with straight trucks (rigids) or truck & pup trailer notfull size long haul rigs. ;)

Return to “Maps”