[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
LeGod7

Re: [REL][WIP] ProMods: Canada v1.0.2 updates and discussion

#1601 Post by LeGod7 » 13 Sep 2021 12:57

koolizz wrote: 13 Sep 2021 10:17 Then there is an issue in management. Why only have 1.5 guys working on such a big project?
You know it's not their job right, and that they are doing it mainly as a hobby? They cannot force anyone to work on it. You could always learn to map yourself and offer your assistance?

Appreciate that making quality maps is very time consuming and it's ready when it's ready.
oldmanclippy

#1602 Post by oldmanclippy » 13 Sep 2021 13:33

koolizz wrote: 13 Sep 2021 10:17 Then there is an issue in management. Why only have 1.5 guys working on such a big project?
You are acting as if you have paid money for PMC and are expecting them to deliver on a promise they made to you. It's a free mod, made by a couple people in their free time. I don't know how many times it needs to be said for you to understand.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#1603 Post by flight50 » 13 Sep 2021 15:49

LudoModding wrote: 13 Sep 2021 07:08
flight50 wrote: 11 Sep 2021 14:58 Awesome. I don't think it was the right move to ban them in the first place. I understand SCS has to be fair to all mods, but ProMods imho is a huge benefit to both games. SCS knows how legit they are as they have been established for years. That's one map mod no one wants to see restricted. Some people play these games just because of them. Not to mention, ProMods is a nice recruit place for SCS.
I thought that according to you the Mods were not profitable for SCS ? you understand better now my message in the Freightliner topic ?
Certain mods. ProMods is on a different level imho. Imo, the benefits of ProMods is not like other mods. This particular mod is in a league of its on. In the Freightliner thread, my comment was more about mods in general. General mods, there are multiple out there for the same things. But there is only one ProMods.

In regards to Promods, @koolizz you can't be a Karen here. They do not get paid, they have jobs and a life and Canada is a side project to ETS2 ProMods. There are only so many guys working the Project. Yes, it will take years to complete Canada. That should have been understood from day one. Luck of the draw. Its even possible that SCS could start Canada before ProMods finishes it. But the attitude towards slow work is uncalled for. If you are not willing to learn to map and help, you'll have to sit back and wait like the rest of us. We all are waiting for more. Using this mod is not a requirement ya know. It is what it is. If you want quality, you must wait. If you want quantity, use Canadream but don't expect ProMods quality.
Ludo Diabolo

#1604 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 13 Sep 2021 17:06

@flight50

I had misunderstood you, but yes it is clearly undeniable that Promods, both ATS and ETS2 brings a major asset and a clientele to SCS ;) on that we agree ;) .

And I totally agree with your answer about promods canada, but do you think that SCS will go to Canada in the future ?

In this case can we also dream of having Alaska ?
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
plykkegaard

#1605 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 17:19

Anything is possible but probably not within the next decade
I remember when we dreamt about and discussed going over the pond the days when ETS2 was the only option

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
bryntrollian

#1606 Post by bryntrollian » 13 Sep 2021 17:27

Volunteers; if they prefer working on ETS2 that is what they'll do.
Trucker_71

#1607 Post by Trucker_71 » 13 Sep 2021 18:00

koolizz wrote: 13 Sep 2021 10:17 Why only have 1.5 guys working on such a big project?
Learn mapping, jump in and give them a hand. ;)
flight50

#1608 Post by flight50 » 13 Sep 2021 20:23

LudoModding wrote: 13 Sep 2021 17:06 And I totally agree with your answer about promods canada, but do you think that SCS will go to Canada in the future ?

In this case can we also dream of having Alaska ?
I don't remember exactly when it was said but Pavel himself is the one that said their ambition is to do all of North America. In this, that would be US , Canada and Mexico. I don't think he meant Latin America but I could be wrong. Now whether they get to it or not is a different story. But once the US is finished, it would be bad if they don't perhaps. Now ProMods makes it easier not to do it or a least a good hold over. But again, thats a mod and not a dlc.

Alaska, yeah buddy. Can't leave it out. Now Hawaii is a different story. Its not realistic to travel from main land to Hawaii. Now with the garage teleport, that fiction is the only way to go.
plykkegaard

#1609 Post by plykkegaard » 13 Sep 2021 21:17

flight50 wrote: 13 Sep 2021 20:23 Now ProMods makes it easier not to do it
Never stopped SCS in ETS2

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#1610 Post by flight50 » 14 Sep 2021 01:01

Europe is 50 countries. North America there are only 3 countries. Not the same. If SCS doesn't get to Canada, ProMods is the closet we'd get to SCS mapping. So far, ProMods Canada could be a dlc and as SCS makes more content. That is more for ProMods as well.

Return to “Maps”