Mantrid's Large Scale USA (On Hold)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.

What scale map would you prefer?

1:1
32%
1:2
5%
1:3
55%
Not Interested
8%

Total votes: 528

Ludo Diabolo

Re: Mantrid's Large Scale USA (Pre-Planning)

#141 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 03 May 2020 01:51

Or what about the @Mandrid project, still in the back of your mind ? Or had you made a decision ?
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
TMM10

#142 Post by TMM10 » 04 Jun 2020 23:49

Project still going?
Mantrid

#143 Post by Mantrid » 05 Jun 2020 03:16

Project is on hold for now.
Rule [5.4.2]
Follow me on Twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/homburg
Join my Discord @ https://discord.gg/XbtnazF
hawkbs

#144 Post by hawkbs » 07 Jun 2020 00:17

Just a thought for you @Mantrid if you do end up doing a 1:1 scale. Add more Trains/Ferries around the map then folks who dont have time to actually drive a certain long haul distance can catch one, thus shortening the amount of
time they actually need to spend if they are bogged down with real life things.
When I started the Dalton in ETS2 before ATS released I had a Ferry going from Anchorage (it was just the port not the entire city) to Europort. What I still cant figure out though is how the heck I managed to do the Dalton side of it 1:1 and join it onto the main ETS2 Map without it
affecting the scale or economy of the ETS2 Map. It worked but I still cant work that out or Id have it in ATS to go with the non modded base map and throw down some train stations in the base game and another in Fairbanks to travel between maps. I have tried but failed to make it work properly like that.
However in my current version of the map I use alot of trains with a custom 3d icon for Pushtrucks (for those heavy Loads that cant make it up big hills) using the same Ferry/Train system.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
TexasWhirlwind

#145 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 07 Jun 2020 02:54

hawkbs
Thats the whole idea of this map is to drive long distances. Not to be farried around the country. If you don't like the long distances then don't us this map. There are penty of small maps to use. Or better yet just stay with euro truck sinulator...
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
Grizzly

#146 Post by Grizzly » 07 Jun 2020 10:08

Dude, hawkbs created the best ATS 1:1 map.
TexasWhirlwind

#147 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 07 Jun 2020 14:10

I for one have never run dalton map. Way to many file to contend with just to use it. Like that mexico map mess. If it doesn't fit with C2C then I wont even download it..
olaf28

#148 Post by olaf28 » 07 Jun 2020 14:29

Your loss
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Grap: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
hawkbs

#149 Post by hawkbs » 08 Jun 2020 03:36

My post was a suggestion as an experienced 1:1 Map Maker to Mantrid, so that others who cannot afford the time due to real life to drive a 1:1 scale map properly can also
enjoy it.

The reason my map is split into several files is because the game will only load files upto a certain size, hence why ProMods Map is also split up into multiple files for ETS2.
If they werent split up the game might start but you wont see the mod in mod manager as the game will refuse to load it. There are other maps split into multiple files as well not just ProMods and mine for the same reason.
It also makes them easier to manage when editing.
Imagine if Promods didnt split the files up and put them in one massive scs file what is it 11 gigs? 12gb with the addons included in scs format. You download it and it doesnt work, you'd be slightly mad.

With the Summer Map there are 5 Total main files and it doesnt really matter what order they go in. There is one optional file for Heavy Cargo DLC and with Winter an extra file containing Wheel Chains and Physics for those chains, thats it and you do not need to load them if you dont wish to.
As maps grow in file size then Map Makers are going to have to start splitting up the files when they reach a certain point or the game and editor, plain and simple will not load them at all. That is from experience.
I have alot of models and prefabs in mine some of which I created myself, some from other SCS games and some from other modders with permission.

I also seem to recall you were excited about the Dalton at one point and looked forward to it. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=187605&p=568369#p568369
TexasWhirlwind wrote: 15 May 2016 15:23 hawkbs

Great job. I really like what you are doing. Keep up the fantastic work....Can't hardly wait for this in ATS...Thanks

TW

:o
Now Im sorry you cant find the time nor patience to load these few files to drive the map and that it doesnt fit in with C2C even though I have tried to get it to run with the basegame map many times,only to find it messes the economy up.
My map is always growing and so are the file sizes. It started as 1:1 and will always remain 1:1

As for ETS2 I have driven that maybe to or three times since ATS came out to check out new content that might be imported by SCS into ATS such as Special Transport when that came out. Its research.
The only other time was to help a mapper with a problem they had with their map.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
TexasWhirlwind

#150 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 08 Jun 2020 04:23

Over the road trucking is about driving long distances. Driving from LA to Florida can not be done in a couple of hours. In real life it take several days. Even on the interstates. Then you have to lay down for a cetain timew befor you can continue driveing. So why ruin the idea of the long distance driving line in real life. Thats what this dim is for to give you the feel of real life in a drivers seat. The one that don't have time can always save the game and then pick it back up from where the have stopped.. I have no isea about ets because I haven't played it sense ATS came out. As for all the maps it is real confusing as to what goes where in what spot under or on top of something. And the only person that trys to keep up with how these map go in order is Blackspots. And that isn't enough at time. because of all the addons here and there and then to what postion that gose in. So why mess up something good and that works...

Return to “Maps”