[REL] Minor Urban Overhaul (12/01/2023)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
KubaLinBunio

Re: [REL] Minor Urban Overhaul (04/02/2021)

#561 Post by KubaLinBunio » 09 Sep 2021 18:12

We will be waiting for upcoming MUO update for Wyoming DLC.
My current laptop specifications

Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design and Intel® HD Graphics 630
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Quaristice

Re: [REL] Minor Urban Overhaul (04/02/2021)

#562 Post by Quaristice » 09 Sep 2021 23:18

Updated the OP, also cleaned up all the link spam in it.

San Francisco and Sacramento have been reverted to vanilla, the version of them connected to the Reforma map is still intact, so use that map combo if you want to restore it.

I've released a small compatibility patch to be put on top of both defeoac's patch and Reforma that tweaks the traffic in some of the Reforma areas. I've also released a version of it that "cuts off" Mexico from the US so that the game doesn't generate border-crossing hauls, in case you don't want unrealistic hauls to Mexico taking over the job market (you can still cross from one country to the other normally), I don't know if there's enough demand for it to put it on the OP, but it's here.

Also, the North California Lite version has been discontinued, there's only one version now with only the signage/scenery changes in California and the small road widening inside Phoenix. There's no need for the old "Extra sectors" file, they were merged into SoCal Lite back in 1.40 and by now should be obsolete.

I don't know if Wyoming is required, there's an edit to sector -0010-0004 (North Fort Collins) that overlaps with a little of Wyoming, so if you're having a crash without Wyoming try deleting that sector's files from the main mod file.
Optional Features

Re: [REL] Minor Urban Overhaul (09/09/2021)

#565 Post by Optional Features » 10 Sep 2021 00:45

Laqueesha wrote: 10 Sep 2021 00:24Thanks!
No problem: was your night light fix included in this update?
Laqueesha

#566 Post by Laqueesha » 10 Sep 2021 02:04

@seriousmods No, I haven't figured out how to do it properly.
Digital X

#568 Post by Digital X » 10 Sep 2021 09:38

@Laqueesha I don't know if it would help, but I found this in env_data.sii.

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
env_profile : env.data {

lamps_on_elevation: 5.0

day_in_year: 172	//summer solstice
	summer_time: 1		//+1 hour
}
}

I believe that the 5.0 refers to the angle of the sun in that particular region. Once this threshhold is reached the lamps will come on. Maybe it coulkd be packed into your def folder and see if that helps?
defeoac

#569 Post by defeoac » 11 Sep 2021 19:30

MUO/Reforma and MUO/SN patches have been updated.

MUO/Reforma compatibility patch changelog v.1.3
- Compatibility update with Minor/Lite Urban Overhaul 9/9/21 update
- Replaced the very old SCS Santa Cruz with the 1.36 version of it (which also reverted the 4-lane US-101 between Santa Cruz and San Francisco back to 2-lane)
- Fixed some speed limit bugs in San Francisco and Los Angeles

MUO/SN compatibility patch changelog v.1.2
- Compatibility update with Minor/Lite Urban Overhaul 9/9/21 update
- Replaced the very old SCS Santa Cruz with the 1.36 version of it (which also reverted the 4-lane US-101 between Santa Cruz and San Francisco back to 2-lane)
- Fixed some speed limit bugs in San Francisco

As Quaristice stated before, the lite extra sectors file is no longer needed, as it is already incorporated into Minor/Lite Urban Overhaul. I checked the sectors and can confirm it's there.

Use the same download links to download the new patches.
Sometimes my genius is... it's almost frightening.
Minor Urban Overhaul and Reforma Map/Sierra Nevada/PaZzMod patches: viewtopic.php?p=1530452#p1530452
Gameable17

#570 Post by Gameable17 » 12 Sep 2021 01:57

I seem to have found a bug with one of the mods that is recommended for running this with Reforma

my load order is as follows:
Reforma & Promods Background FIX v.2
SCS Map Improvements - Bellingham heights FIX for ProMods
SCS Map Improvements - Base
SCS Map Improvements - Bellingham heights
ProMods Canada Definition Package (v1.0.2)
ProMods Canada Map Package (v1.0.2)
ProMods Canada Models Package (v1.0.2)
ProMods Canada Assets Package (v1.0.2)
Grand Canyon Rebuild (v1.3)
US 24 Extension V1.4
Project Better Arizona 0.1 for Reforma Map
-- This is where MUO_Reforma Traffic Compatibility used to load
MUO/Reforma Compatibility Patch v1.3
Reforma 2.1.8.2
Minor Urban Overhaul V13

Here is the bug: https://imgur.com/a/k3YU9gf

By removing MUO_Reforma Traffic Compatibility it seems to fix the broken road, looking into the SCS file if I had to assume why, it is probably just needing updates to sectors in that file from the last MUO update, though I am not a modder so I cannot confirm whether or not this is true. there could also be a slight incompatibility with MUO and Unhiding hidden roads, but it seems to fix itself if you load MUO below Unhiding

Return to “Maps”