[REL] My little roadsign project (US road signs-part release)

bobgrey1997

Re: My little roadsign project (US road signs-part release)

#71 Post by bobgrey1997 » 28 Sep 2017 08:49

Me too. Though, I did hear recently that it has either been a misconception all this time, or a recent patch allowed the game to recognize zip files as SCS files as long as they are structured the right way and are "stored" (keeping original file size and data). Never tested keeping them as zip files as I have grown accustomed to the tedious "add to archive, zip, store, rename to scs, save, move to mod folder, start game, open, test...".
Anyway, did you get it working?
ImageImage

Blackspots

#72 Post by Blackspots » 28 Sep 2017 12:44

No, the game can read mods archived as .zip files (always been that way), It's just that a lot of people like to change that extension to .scs. And they can have compression (I use "normal" with 7zip), exception being the map and sound folders. Those can only have store compression.

It also appears the game can read mods uncompressed in a folder.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Evil_Jason

#73 Post by Evil_Jason » 28 Sep 2017 17:07

bobgrey1997 wrote:
28 Sep 2017 08:49
Me too. Though, I did hear recently that it has either been a misconception all this time, or a recent patch allowed the game to recognize zip files as SCS files as long as they are structured the right way and are "stored" (keeping original file size and data). Never tested keeping them as zip files as I have grown accustomed to the tedious "add to archive, zip, store, rename to scs, save, move to mod folder, start game, open, test...".
Anyway, did you get it working?
Seems to be working.

The zipped Mod is still found and active in ATS modmanager.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.

Blackspots

#74 Post by Blackspots » 22 Oct 2017 15:51

Reportedly, the signs don't work in 1.29 due to SCS changing the entire sign system.
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

bobtavenger

#75 Post by bobtavenger » 23 Oct 2017 17:16

They're working for me. I've started replacing some of the exit signs, but I'm keeping the service signs. SCS is keeping the old format compatible.
-----------------
Author: C2C Colorado Improvements

Computer Specs

i7-7700k
GTX 1080 Ti
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10

Blackspots

#76 Post by Blackspots » 23 Oct 2017 22:53

Hmm, ok. I wasn't sure, considering some people were saying C2C wasn't compatible with 1.29. (since it uses the signs from this project)

bobtavenger

#77 Post by bobtavenger » 24 Oct 2017 22:52

Yeah, the incompatibilities stretched beyond the signs. There was my sign template that had a name conflict. There was also so prefab issues. I'm sure the list stretched on as Mantrid had to do quite a few things to get it to load right.
-----------------
Author: C2C Colorado Improvements

Computer Specs

i7-7700k
GTX 1080 Ti
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10

Jman12678

#78 Post by Jman12678 » 30 Oct 2017 01:56

Great Job, I'm a Civil Engineer in Training as like how there is realism being put into signage, This was a pet peeve of mine in the game. I was gonna say that I looked at your guide and saw that for you exits you didn't have the yellow Exit Speed Limit Sign placed. That is part of the signage for exits. It's place at all exit to give the driver the advisory speed for the exit ramp.
Capture2.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG
I was also gonna tell you that MUTCD is different across states. Some state use the national MUTCD, Other have a state supplement or use their version of MUTCD. In my home state of Texas we have our own version of the MUTCD. I have attached a map that shows which state use which version.
Capture1.PNG
Texas
Capture3.PNG
https://www.txdot.gov/government/enforc ... mutcd.html
National
https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov

I would love to help out to make the signage more realistic in the game as I deal with them in the real work as a Civil Engineer. It's very important to have uniform signage for drivers. I have the real world experience and would like to help out.

I really enjoyed seeing your work.
Enjoy Driving for fun.
ETS 2 and ATS trucker

Blackspots

#79 Post by Blackspots » 30 Oct 2017 21:09

I think the latest my city has is either the 2008 or 2011 revision of the Texas MUTCD (since we (the street dept) have to go to barricade class and learn the signage for setting up barricades)
Last edited by Blackspots on 30 Oct 2017 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

bobgrey1997

#80 Post by bobgrey1997 » 30 Oct 2017 21:53

Jman12678 wrote:
30 Oct 2017 01:56
Great Job, I'm a Civil Engineer in Training as like how there is realism being put into signage, This was a pet peeve of mine in the game. I was gonna say that I looked at your guide and saw that for you exits you didn't have the yellow Exit Speed Limit Sign placed. That is part of the signage for exits. It's place at all exit to give the driver the advisory speed for the exit ramp.
Capture2.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNG
I was also gonna tell you that MUTCD is different across states. Some state use the national MUTCD, Other have a state supplement or use their version of MUTCD. In my home state of Texas we have our own version of the MUTCD. I have attached a map that shows which state use which version.
Capture1.PNG
Texas
Capture3.PNG
https://www.txdot.gov/government/enforc ... mutcd.html
National
https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov

I would love to help out to make the signage more realistic in the game as I deal with them in the real work as a Civil Engineer. It's very important to have uniform signage for drivers. I have the real world experience and would like to help out.

I really enjoyed seeing your work.
We don't have those in Arkansas unless the ramp has unusual features that require special action such as full 180s or 270s or if the ramp is unusually short. If the ramp can be taken at a full freeway speed (and most of them here can) there is no sign.
Some ramps have their own speed limit which is posted with a normal white sign about half-way down the ramp.
ImageImage

Return to “Map assets”