[REL] My little roadsign project (US road signs-part release)

natvander
SCS Software

Re: My little roadsign project (US road signs-part release)

#81 Post by natvander » 30 Oct 2017 21:54

Hi Jman12678, thanks for your interest. Yes I am fully aware that many states have their own appendixes or even alternative versions of the MUTCD, which is why I have the state annexes. As for exit signs I haven't put them in yet as they're actually not a requirement by the MUCTD, I have been meaning to put it in as an "as required" sign. Of course if a state has it as a requirement, it will be added to that state's annex.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jman12678

#82 Post by Jman12678 » 31 Oct 2017 02:39

No problem, I would enjoy to help out and also bring my real world experience into the game and make more realistic for our fellow truckers, In all my projects plan sets we have the signing and stripping section. I like how SCS is improving the signage in the base game and hope they know about the mutcd. I know other sign I wish to see is placed before all our bridges on the highway system in Texas. "Bridge may ice in cold weather" don't know if other state have it.
Capture.PNG
I know the mutcd is a guide on sign placement but you really see how signs are placed when you look at the signing and stripping sheets in a PSE package. If you ever want to look at one we have them available to the public before a project is let for construction.
http://www.txdot.gov/business/letting-b ... nline.html just go to section state-let-construction and then plan, you might have to look at different projects to find one that have signing and stripping section

just look around and they are in pdf and I would also believe other state dot will have similar information.
Here is example of signing and stripping plansheets of project going to into construction I pulled from the website
Capture8.PNG
Capture9.PNG
Capture10.PNG
Hope its not much for you or technical, just want to share how we place signs in the real world.

I like even thought the signage mostly uniform across the US, you still see subtle changes driving around the country
Enjoy Driving for fun.
ETS 2 and ATS trucker

Blackspots

#83 Post by Blackspots » 02 Nov 2017 23:26

Natvander, could you add these signs?
https://static.tti.tamu.edu/visualmedia ... signs.html

One of the biggest things currently missing from the map editor and your sign pack.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

bobgrey1997

#84 Post by bobgrey1997 » 03 Nov 2017 00:07

I have a request:
Not sure if you already plan this or not...
Add new sign stands of a variety of styles and widths, up to wide enough for 5 or 6 lanes that we can use for any sign boards.
I do assume you plan to use the new sign system and do stands and boards?
I look forward to seeing what you come up with in this new system!
ImageImage

natvander
SCS Software

#85 Post by natvander » 03 Nov 2017 04:26

Jman12678 yes I've seen plenty of those style of plans. Thanks for the link.

Shirblackspots I believe low clearance signs are in the beta.

bobgrey1997 I haven't looked at any of the new signs beyond in map editor. I'm hoping I won't even need to continue with the project and that all necessary signs will come with the game.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Blackspots

#86 Post by Blackspots » 03 Nov 2017 20:33

@natvander: I haven't seen any low clearance signs in the map editor for the beta.
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

bobgrey1997

#87 Post by bobgrey1997 » 03 Nov 2017 21:14

@ShirBlackspots Can you not make any using templates? For example, find a blank yellow diamond sign, like "US Blank Diamond" and make a template on it using the arrows and text?
ImageImage

Blackspots

#88 Post by Blackspots » 04 Nov 2017 01:01

Tried that, couldn't figure out how to make a template, there were no options for the blank sign to add the two arrows.

DenisJura

#89 Post by DenisJura » 04 Dec 2017 08:42

Hello natvander : thank you for your Mod !
Were can I found his download ?
Best Regards from FRANCE
Denis

bobgrey1997

#90 Post by bobgrey1997 » 04 Dec 2017 13:09

The download link is on the original post. "Uniformal Signs for American Truck Simulator". Towards the bottom of the post.
ImageImage

Return to “Map assets”