company terminal

The Old Fart

Re: company terminal

#61 Post by The Old Fart » 20 Jan 2020 17:39

@Smith12,

Amazing job on the Port Angeles company terminal! It's very well laid out and everything - gas pumps, rest areas, repair/upgrade - works perfectly. Very very nice.

It is a great addition to the game - being able to purchase a garage in Port Angeles.

Also - i've tried this on my big map combo and it works with no issues detected (so far). I have no conflicts with Coast to Coast, Canadream, Sierra Nevada or any of the three Mexico maps. All that to say - great work!!

The one small issue is that the company terminal road to the main road for some reason does not register on the gps routing. If you are in the terminal area and set a way-point to another location, or pick a job, the gps cannot calculate and display the route - at least until you are on the main road; then the route is displayed. Maybe someone can chime in if they know what the issue is.

Super job on this one, thanks for this great addition to the game. if I see any conflicts with the map mods I've listed above, I'll let you know.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!

BigVito109

#62 Post by BigVito109 » 27 Jan 2020 06:32

Could you Combine all 3 of em into 1 mod?

The Old Fart

#63 Post by The Old Fart » 28 Jan 2020 15:04

Hi @Smith12 , I've taken a long look at the Port Angeles mod and there are indeed some conflicts with other map mods (roads which disappear).

I believe this is due to map overwriting. I unpacked your mod and noticed that it seems to contain all the map sectors. Not only is this a potential source of map conflicts, but it makes your mod rather large in comparison to the area you're actually editing.

Could you try re-creating the mod by including only the Port Angeles map sectors you're actually modifying? This may resolve conflicts with other maps.

Also, a question: does the road from the terminal to the main road have the 'flag' checked which makes the road 'discoverable / viewable' on the world map?

I'd be very happy to test out a revision with only the Port Angeles map sectors and let you know how that performs.

Crusader

#64 Post by Crusader » 04 Feb 2020 06:54

@ The Old Fart
Have you been able to contact Smith12 to possibly test your version of Port Angeles ? Sure would like to get a corrected version back into ATS .

The Old Fart

#65 Post by The Old Fart » 05 Feb 2020 04:27

@Crusader, I have not heard from Smith12 for some time now. He may well be busy looking after 'real life' matters so let's wait a bit before we start pestering him.

To be clear, in no way is it "my version", Smith12 is the creative force behind this great mod. All I did was make a few suggestions and Smith12 ran with them. I'm hoping Smith12 finds the time to revise it with just the relevant map sectors for the terminal. Hopefully that will resolve mod conflicts.

I'm glad there are others out there who are enjoying this, regards.
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 05 Feb 2020 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote Removed - Don't quote the post directly above.

BigVito109

#66 Post by BigVito109 » 09 Mar 2020 09:48

so is this now a dead thread or is there more goin to be done?

Return to “Map assets”