Team Reforma's Mega Resources Asset Pack for ATS (1.39)

RaulMtz

Team Reforma's Mega Resources Asset Pack for ATS (1.39)

#1 Post by RaulMtz » 05 Mar 2020 03:32

Welcome to the official forum of our Mega Resources map editor asset pack for American Truck Simulator, used in all of our map mods such as Mexico Extremo and also used by many other map makers alike! For the time being, there is nothing really new in this pack that wasn't already available, but we thought it wise to open an official forum page here for any questions, concerns or updates regarding it. This asset pack has been a work in progress since we started making maps and have actually had a few other folk help us add models to it as well. I've provided the authors of the assets in this pack below.

For all map makers out there, feel free to use this asset pack for your projects! There are a lot of American and Mexican road sign assets, as well as lots of Mexican models which are of course, missing from the base game. Of course, if you do release a map that uses these assets, you will need to link this pack as a dependency, as a separate download. That way you can keep your map file much smaller in size as well. We only ask for you to credit its authors of course :)

Here's a bit of what we include:

- California and Nevada style editable road signs
- California and Nevada route shields
- General editable road signs
- Extra road markings
- Mexican building assets (hopefully to be expanded, but no promises)
- Road barriers and other road related models (mostly Mexican style)
- Mexican style bridge models
- Tropical palm trees
- More power lines
- Toll booth assets
- and more added every now and then.

AUTHORS:

Eblem (Jbte in forums), 3d models and textures
RaulMtz (ArzuMtz in forums), road sign templates
Sirio, 3d models and textures
DBMX, bus related assets and 3d models
Hugoces, original content and creator of Viva Mexico
Natvander, for the original route shield editable signs
Jose Trucking, 3d models and prefabs
Stephanie_P, 3d models and textures

If you have assets that you think would make a great addition or would like to help us further improve this asset pack, please let us know! We'd love extra help.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

WARNING FOR COAST 2 COAST USERS!!! Please use the C2C Patch File linked below for compatibility with the Mega Resources file.

Mega Resources 2.1.8
Last updated 11/06/2020
https://sharemods.com/gldcgjh3r8o5/Mega ... 8.scs.html

Coast 2 Coast Compatibility Patch File
Last updated 11/06/2020
https://sharemods.com/3ouwhz089dvc/Refo ... 2.scs.html

Great America Compatibility Patch File
Last updated 11/06/2020
https://sharemods.com/72srw2u0gz0x/Refo ... 2.scs.html

Pazz Mod Compatibility Patch File
Last updated 11/06/2020
https://sharemods.com/f0ytciikr9kg/Refo ... 2.scs.html

Let us know if you have any questions, concerns, critique, etc!
Last edited by RaulMtz on 06 Nov 2020 18:03, edited 3 times in total.
Check out some of our ATS map mods! (click below for forum links)

Team Reforma's Mega Resources Map Asset Pack
Includes areas in and around the CA Sierra Nevada
Mexico Extremo [REL]
adding the Mexican states of Durango, Zacatecas and Aguascalientes

GT182

Re: Team Reforma's Mega Resources Asset Pack for ATS

#2 Post by GT182 » 15 Apr 2020 02:46

I saw the photos of the map on ATSmods and it looks great. More so than SCS's maps of California and Nevada. looks like great work guys. A Big thumbup to you all.

Will Mega Resources 2.1.7 also work with the Sierra Nevada mod? It's the newest one I've seen and I'm using it now with the newest Project East mod.

And do you have a recommended Load Order for them.

If I may ask, could you post photos of I-15's Cajon Pass and I-5's Grapevine. These are two spots on the SCS California Map that aren't even close to being "like" the real highways.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

otherguy136

#3 Post by otherguy136 » 15 Apr 2020 22:53

@GT182

Mods sites, such as that mentioned, steal mods. Most mods are only meant to be uploaded on this forum and/or on the Steam Workshop. Unauthorized reuploads can result in outdated versions, lack of support, and sometimes malware. The exceptions to this are vehicle mods; many of their creators seem to prefer those sites, so they are often not found here or on Steam.

Sierra Nevada was a paid mod at the time, but now it is free. There is a new thread for it on this forum. (People are upset that the old thread was deleted instead of just hidden, but I wouldn't get into that here)

The latest version of Mega Resources is 2.1.7d, not 2.1.6 (@ArzuMtz should update this). There are many texture issues with ATS 1.37; updates may come often while the game is in beta. It does work with (and is required for) Sierra Nevada.

I-15 is not part of this project. If you want pictures of what is, watch SN's trailer and join Reforma on Discord.

Here's a load order with Sierra Nevada and Project East (top to bottom):
  • Project East
  • Project East Assets
  • Mega Resources
  • Sierra Nevada
Discord: OtherGuy#4847 https://discord.gg/2wJRVdr

RaulMtz

#4 Post by RaulMtz » 16 Apr 2020 00:19

@GT182 , Sierra Nevada, as well as most Mexico mods will need the Mega Resources file as all of these share assets with Mega Resources. As @otherguy136 mentioned below, we HIGHLY recommend downloading all mods from their original location so you make sure you are up to date on everything. The nice thing about keeping these assets separate is any mapper can use the assets on it and can link to this page as a dependency, instead of having duplicate files on all map files.

As for the Cajon Pass and Grapevine, we did not do anything in the SoCal region unfortunately. We would like to, but only time would tell.

@otherguy136 , thanks for reminding me to update the files here btw!
Check out some of our ATS map mods! (click below for forum links)

Team Reforma's Mega Resources Map Asset Pack
Includes areas in and around the CA Sierra Nevada
Mexico Extremo [REL]
adding the Mexican states of Durango, Zacatecas and Aguascalientes

GT182

#5 Post by GT182 » 16 Apr 2020 03:00

Thanks for the info guys. I will be adding map Sierra Nevada map asap. I already have Mega Resources 2.1.7d. As for Cajon Pass and Grapevine, no problem.

The eye candy in this mod is amazing. I left a reply on YouTube. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

BullRot

#6 Post by BullRot » 11 May 2020 17:54

Guys,
I`m getting old I think, I cannot figure out which terrain coverage each Mexican map offer as I`m European guy with lacking region/cities names there.
Can someone help me out or point me to a map of coverage? There is plenty of maps. I get the Sierra Nevada but I`d like to venture into Mexico without installing all of them.
I`m a fan of SoCal and mountainous areas with difficult passes and demanding on truck.

Thanks a lot in advance

Return to “Map assets”