[REL] Real Eaton Fuller Transmissions v23.12.26 (ATS)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
LoaderSaints

Re: Real Eaton Fuller Transmissions v2.3.0 (ATS) [REL]

#81 Post by LoaderSaints » 02 Jul 2017 08:35

The next update isn't going to be that small really but this mod does not have the highest priority for me at the moment as I am working on a trailer mod that is more urgent. This mod will still be updated but I don't know when. It should still work just fine. ;)
LoaderSaints

Re: Real Eaton Fuller Transmissions v2.3.0 (ATS) [REL]

#82 Post by LoaderSaints » 20 Jan 2018 15:59

Version 2.4.0 is now available!

Changelog:
From v2.3.0 to v2.4.0:
  • Added support for Freightliner FLB (by Harven)
  • Added support for Freightliner Argosy by Lucasi
  • Added support for Volvo VNL 780 by FrankBrasil
  • Renamed the first two gears on all 18-speed UltraShift transmissions
  • Renamed the gears on all RTLO-series 13-speed transmissions
  • Added crawler gears (UI)
  • Added Eaton Integrated Powertrain 10-speed Direct Drive
  • Added Eaton Integrated Powertrain 10-speed Small-Step Overdrive
  • Updated UI icons
  • Changed the naming convention of the transmission names displayed in the Truck Configurator (Overall ratio is now displayed at the end of the name instead of differential ratio)
See the first post for download links as usual. ;)
rookie_one

Re: Real Eaton Fuller Transmissions v2.4.0 (ATS) [REL]

#83 Post by rookie_one » 26 Jan 2018 20:18

Hey LoaderSaints, here a new transmission to add :

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServ ... /index.htm

Basically, while it came out first, the PACCAR Automated Transmission is a modified version of it.

It was made by Eaton-Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies, instead of Eaton alone.

Usually paired with with Cummins X15, but should be available on the X12 too from what I know
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
ceodayday

Re: Real Eaton Fuller Transmissions v2.4.0 (ATS) [REL]

#84 Post by ceodayday » 03 Feb 2018 21:38

any good high hp engines i can add to this for the new volvo vnl and 389 on 1.30?????????????
LoaderSaints

Re: Real Eaton Fuller Transmissions v2.4.1 (ATS) [REL]

#85 Post by LoaderSaints » 15 May 2018 08:41

Version 2.4.1 is now available!

Changelog:
From v2.4.0 to v2.4.1:
  • Added support for Kenworth T610 by GTM
  • Added support for Kenworth W900B by GTM
  • Added Eaton Cummins Endurant 12-speed
See the first post for download links as usual. ;)
rookie_one

#86 Post by rookie_one » 15 May 2018 13:24

Nice update!

Only 3 issues I have to say : Since except for one gearbox, all eaton Endurant got the same ratios, you should had named it Eaton Endurant instead of the model number.
And the Eaton Endurant does NOT have a retarder available as far as I know, although an aftermarket inline one is probably possible with them
Also, the Endurant (and the PACCAR variant) is known to be able to shift much faster than the ultrashift transmission, so the shift_time variable, set to 0.7 or 0.6, might be a good idea....

Also, the new product guide from eaton is out, it got a 11-gear variant of the endurant (basically, they removed the last gear to make it a Direct Drive transmission), and the PACCAR automated version (PACCAR Automated Transmission) was added, although it have the same ratio it's still counted as separate because it does not have the same software

Also, new product guide from Eaton is out!
http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/ ... l-0001.pdf
galimim

#87 Post by galimim » 15 May 2018 14:15

rookie_one wrote: 15 May 2018 13:24 Also, the Endurant (and the PACCAR variant) is known to be able to shift much faster than the ultrashift transmission, so the shift_time variable, set to 0.7 or 0.6, might be a good idea....
Can you provide more info on this?
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
rookie_one

#88 Post by rookie_one » 15 May 2018 14:25

Mostly road test video and that small quote in this article :
https://www.trucknews.com/test-drive/dont-call-amt/
One key departure from traditional AMTs is that the Endurant features linear shift rails, eliminating the traditional sideways shift pattern that was required on manual transmissions to make them driver-friendly.

“You would have to have three arms to try to shift this manually,” Erdmann explained. “Linear shift rails allow us to optimize the design for speed and reliability. You don’t have any wasted motion sideways.”
For good example of review video where we can hear the truck engine and approximate the shift time :
http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/fue ... ssion.aspx

It's at the end of the page
LoaderSaints

#89 Post by LoaderSaints » 15 May 2018 15:59

rookie_one wrote: 15 May 2018 13:24 Since except for one gearbox, all eaton Endurant got the same ratios, you should had named it Eaton Endurant instead of the model number.
That's just a matter of opinion, not really an issue. You can still separate it from the rest of the transmissions in this mod from the unique ui icon.
rookie_one wrote: 15 May 2018 13:24 And the Eaton Endurant does NOT have a retarder available as far as I know, although an aftermarket inline one is probably possible with them
Probably most of the transmission in the mod don't really have a retarder available, as far as I know, the retarder is more common in Europe and in North America they use the jake brake instead. I could be wrong on that though. However, I have decided to offer users of this mod the option to have the retarder on each and every transmission available because SCS have done so as well. So it is up to the user to decided whether or not to have it.
rookie_one wrote: 15 May 2018 13:24 Also, the Endurant (and the PACCAR variant) is known to be able to shift much faster than the ultrashift transmission, so the shift_time variable, set to 0.7 or 0.6, might be a good idea....
I haven't looked into the shift time feature yet so we'll see. I just wanted to add compatibility for some trucks in this update, the new transmission was a bonus. :P
rookie_one wrote: 15 May 2018 13:24 Also, the new product guide from eaton is out, it got a 11-gear variant of the endurant (basically, they removed the last gear to make it a Direct Drive transmission), and the PACCAR automated version (PACCAR Automated Transmission) was added, although it have the same ratio it's still counted as separate because it does not have the same software
I may have to have a look at that 11-speed too then. ;)
rookie_one wrote: 15 May 2018 13:24 Also, new product guide from Eaton is out!
http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/ ... l-0001.pdf
Ah, that'll be useful! :)
rookie_one

#90 Post by rookie_one » 06 Nov 2018 17:29

So loadersaint....time to update the mod for the new VNL ?

Return to “Truck accessories”