[6.9]Volvo Drivetrain revision

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
MosGuy

Re: [6.1]Volvo Drivetrain revision

#111 Post by MosGuy » 07 Jan 2019 11:51

Overall I really like the mod and the true to life engines/transmission selection. The main issue I have noticed is that when using the stock SCS VNL the i-shift will skip gears ie: 1-3-5. But when the mod is enabled and without changing the defaults. It will no longer skip and goes through each gear in rapid succession: 12345. Choosing a mod engine/trans does the same thing. Disabling the mod; the gear skipping functionality returns. Apparently this effect is only on the SCS model. If this bug could be looked into and somehow resolved, that would be great.
Rick B
galimim

Re: [6.1]Volvo Drivetrain revision

#112 Post by galimim » 07 Jan 2019 14:09

galimim wrote: 27 Aug 2018 13:20 Oops missed the post. As rookie_one said the start gear is dependant on game engine and would as such be changed my SCS. And about shifting into next gear, the gearbox simulation is pretty simple, even if driving with "real automatic". My experiences with automatic gearboxes are that they tend to shift up as fast as they can due to economy. But in ETS and ATS gearbox will shift only when you reach a certain RPM target set in the engine def file. So if I set rpm value of 1500, the gearbox will only shift up when it reaches that target.

I think SCS did a good enough job with it, since truck manufacturers have whole departments dedicated to programming gearboxes. But since you have experience, maybe post a suggestion so the devs can adjust it in the future.
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
galimim

Re: [6.2]Volvo Drivetrain revision

#113 Post by galimim » 10 Feb 2019 15:48

Update

6.2: Updated shift points
Switch to stock sounds for SCS VNL EPA2017 Engine
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
rookie_one

#114 Post by rookie_one » 11 Feb 2019 01:40

To be fair, a main culprit of that is the fact that north american trucks tend to use lower differential ratios.

Ratios in the 2.6* range on a overdrive transmissions is actually pretty common in North America.

Lower is the ratio, higher is the chance of not skipping.

I heard from drivers at Robert Transport that the lower rated VNL(usually 405 and 425) wouldn't skip gears at all the moment you attached a trailer, even if it was empty
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
galimim

#115 Post by galimim » 14 Jul 2019 15:18

PSA: NEXT VERSION WILL BRING CHANGES THAT WILL MAKE YOU BUY YOUR GEARBOX AGAIN. ACT ACCORDINGLY
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
LAFAYET47

#116 Post by LAFAYET47 » 21 Jul 2019 15:58

For some reason, the fuel economy of my SCS VNL stucks at 5.6 mpg. It is like a fixed value, it doesnt change at all. No matter how I drive or what load I carry, the truck will always be at this number. Realistic fuel consumption is activated, btw. No other truck (with your drivetrain mods) experiences this behaviour. Might be a mod conflict?

Other mods for the VNL I'm using with this drivetrain:

- Oscar reworked dashboard
- Leen sounds
- 6x4 250 gal tank by Ilmiont (it is activated, but havent bought it so far, still using vanilla 6x4 220 gal)

The engine-transmission combo: D13 435V 1650 (the green one), and transmission I-shift ATO2612F (diff 3.40). Maybe this combo makes fuel economy bugged?
Blackspots

#117 Post by Blackspots » 21 Jul 2019 16:29

Because the fuel economy display in the SCS Volvo is not an instantaneous value, its an average value over time. (Mine shows 4.9MPG)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
LAFAYET47

#118 Post by LAFAYET47 » 21 Jul 2019 17:33

@Shirblackspots, I know, but this value is staying for quite too long. I have driven thousands of miles and carried many different type of loads (which should have an effect on the fuel economy) and all this time the dasboard showed me 5.6 mpg. Might drive even more to see if one day this value will change. I also gave high priority to volvo drivetrain in mod manager, just in case.
Boeing73FLY

#119 Post by Boeing73FLY » 21 Jul 2019 20:39

My average is 5.8 MPG currently, which is probably about average (especially in reality) if you're driving through many regions that are full of curves, mountains, stop 'n' go (outside cities). I got a 450hp, 18-speed automated, flatbed trailer loads, sleeper cab...and it has 3,000 miles currently (I started a new profile recently).
MY ESSENTIAL MOD FOR REALISM

Enhanced Driving XPerience (EDXP) 2.0 + Addons for ATS (1.47) / ETS2 (1.47)
Blackspots

#120 Post by Blackspots » 22 Jul 2019 00:41

@Layfayet47: Why not just reset the dash meters (fuel and trip)? (you need to find the key that does this, if its not set up, do it in the controls)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “Truck accessories”