International Lonestar upgrades “released”

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
P3_Super_Bee

Re: International Lonestar upgrades “released”

#131 Post by P3_Super_Bee » 21 Apr 2020 15:58

sticklebrick wrote: 21 Apr 2020 10:03 Needs a fix for ATS 1.37 release version...

Paint jobs are bleeding horribly onto the front bumper with lights and painted grille and painted fuel tanks.
The Harley Davidson Edition headlights don't work at all and the light bars for the bumper are misaligned. Just to name a few things I've noticed.
The mod has only been released for 1.37

Headlights work fine.

Zero issues with bumper lights.

Agree with bumper skins. You can't use any skin other than plain colors with it.
Solutech

#132 Post by Solutech » 21 Apr 2020 18:40

SCS skins have never just worked on modded parts . The skin always needs to be altered for the parts .

[ external image ]

It does work if you know how to edit a skin . Image above is my skin . Images below are both scs standard skins Ambition and Elements .

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

The skins are there in the mod folder . The def needs altering for the 5150 cab is all.

suitable_for[]: "73hirise.intnational.lonestar.cabin" in the skin settings

And in the skins accessory file in the shared ovr entry add

acc_list[]: "bumper.5150"
acc_list[]: "sideskirt.5150sa"

Easy . Takes two minutes .
[ external image ]
Author of ReMoled series of mods,V8K Blaine ReWork and general helpful chap .
P3_Super_Bee

#133 Post by P3_Super_Bee » 22 Apr 2020 07:43

Solutech wrote: 21 Apr 2020 18:40 SCS skins have never just worked on modded parts . The skin always needs to be altered for the parts .

The skins are there in the mod folder . The def needs altering for the 5150 cab is all.

suitable_for[]: "73hirise.intnational.lonestar.cabin" in the skin settings

And in the skins accessory file in the shared ovr entry add

acc_list[]: "bumper.5150"

Easy . Takes two minutes .
If you know what your doing. I wouldn't have the first clue where to look to do this.
Solutech

#134 Post by Solutech » 22 Apr 2020 09:23

@P3_Super_Bee it is rediculously easy . Open the mod go to this folder - def/vehicle/truck/intnational.lonestar/paint_job . Find the paint job settings for the skin you want to edit . Add the line - suitable_for[]: "73hirise.intnational.lonestar.cabin" below the last suitable for line in the skin settings . Now go to the accessory folder in paint_job and find the file for your skin and add the acc lines - acc_list[]: "bumper.5150" and
acc_list[]: "sideskirt.5150sa" . Thats all you have to do .
[ external image ]
John Doe

#135 Post by John Doe » 25 Apr 2020 08:14

jarryed wrote: 01 Apr 2020 14:03 @evh5150vanhalen

Thanks for the release. Love how it looks.

Now for some cons and not trying to be a pain here. But this does and will probably affect those on lower end hardware.
  • Lighting when using all the parts in this. It tanks framerates. I was traveling between SLC and Elko heading towards Nevada. Right past the Utah tree I turned on the lights in daytime. Was using one one of the Harley headlights. I have an RTX2070 and 144Hz monitor. FPS is capped to my refresh rate too. Running at 130+ fps in this area. Turned on the lights and framerates tanked to the 80s. Massive drop there. It is not as bad in cities but still a noticable drop of 10-15. I didn't experience any stuttering or anything like that. Anyway that you can optimize the lighting for this? What I experienced can be a deal breaker for some.
  • None of the default SCS skins for the truck are linked. Would be nice to see those.
  • Also there is the aforementioned air horn not working in 1.37
Otherwise this mod is great. I love it.
Unfortunately I have to agree with this posting. The framerate with lighting or flashing breaks down massively, even with highend - hardware not playable anymore.

A pity, but it is a very nice mod.
P3_Super_Bee

#136 Post by P3_Super_Bee » 26 Apr 2020 04:19

Solutech wrote: 22 Apr 2020 09:23 @P3_Super_Bee it is rediculously easy . Open the mod go to this folder - def/vehicle/truck/intnational.lonestar/paint_job . Find the paint job settings for the skin you want to edit . Add the line - suitable_for[]: "73hirise.intnational.lonestar.cabin" below the last suitable for line in the skin settings . Now go to the accessory folder in paint_job and find the file for your skin and add the acc lines - acc_list[]: "bumper.5150" and
acc_list[]: "sideskirt.5150sa" . Thats all you have to do .
Did something wrong, ended up with 3 skins of each paint. None the less I figured it out. Didn't help me, personally any.

The skin I wanted to use, has the fuel tank the wrong color for me. -Hot Rod - Fuel tank is the color of the yellow in the flame, not the changeable metallic the body of the truck is. Just looks dumb that way to me. Of course FULLY UNDERSTAND, that when SCS did the paint scheme they had no intention of painted tanks, otherwise it would have been an option from the get go. So it's me and my preference.

Thanks for your help !!! Greatly appreciated.
Solutech

#137 Post by Solutech » 26 Apr 2020 08:19

@P3_Super_Bee you can always set the tank on the shared_fff6cdff as thats the off yellow colour .

[ external image ]

Every single paintable part can be painted a different colour using OVR lines on the newer scs trucks . All you need is the ability to make a dds file and a tobj file I would take a look at mod studio 2 as you can feed it standard png files and it will generate the correct dds and tobj pairs for you .
[ external image ]
P3_Super_Bee

#138 Post by P3_Super_Bee » 26 Apr 2020 18:34

Solutech wrote: 26 Apr 2020 08:19 @P3_Super_Bee you can always set the tank on the shared_fff6cdff as thats the off yellow colour .

[ external image ]

Every single paintable part can be painted a different colour using OVR lines on the newer scs trucks . All you need is the ability to make a dds file and a tobj file I would take a look at mod studio 2 as you can feed it standard png files and it will generate the correct dds and tobj pairs for you .
Yeah. That's the way it looks. Kind of lame to me. Would have rather it be the changeable metallic the body is.
Solutech

#139 Post by Solutech » 26 Apr 2020 18:51

at the bottom of your sii file is

}
}

Insert the lines below between those two brackets. That should give you what your after . remove the acc_list[]: "sideskirt.5150sa" line from the existing ovrs .

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr2
{
paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/empty.tobj"
flake_uvscale: 10.000000
flake_vratio: 0.250000
}
[ external image ]
paulofenoll

#140 Post by paulofenoll » 27 Apr 2020 18:13

Hi guys, I am very bad with .sii files, I am trying to make the company skin for this mod and followed the steps I have seen and the raised ceiling does not come out of the right color. Any solution? Thank you. [ external image ]
[ external image ]
My passion, the American Trucks ..

Return to “Truck accessories”