[REL - W.I.P.] Signs On Your Truck & Trailer

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ludo Diabolo

Re: [REL - W.I.P.] Signs On Your Truck

#51 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 22 Sep 2021 10:18

@tobrago

on the trucks most often, you will find the IFTA, the CCE, the USDOT writings ect ect ( see photos ) and the truck numbers ( see photos )

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

If you can add all this to the mods randomly, it would be perfectly realistic to put on our trucks.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Ludo Diabolo

#52 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 22 Sep 2021 10:33

Afterwards, if you know how to do it, you can give the possibility to put reverse lights on the cabins ;) .

I don't think there are fire extinguishers like on the EU trucks...
It would be necessary that a US truck driver passes by HERE to give you the useful information for the good development of this mods.

But I am sure of one thing, ADR plates are not fitted to trucks in the USA, they are only fitted to trailers.

tobrago

#53 Post by tobrago » 22 Sep 2021 11:16

That there are ADR signs on the truck as well. As soon as I find the picture on the internet, I will post it here.
For "IFTA" stickers, I know where they are placed. The documentation says that it is placed at the door handle.
Thank you for the pictures, I would ask you if you find more pictures to post in this topic.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Ludo Diabolo

#54 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 22 Sep 2021 11:50

If you could find some pictures I would like to see, because I don't remember that there are ADR signs on the USA trucks.

If you could add some examples of USDOT , MC , KYU , VIN it would be great and a big plus for this mod and the authenticity .

And some truck numbers, that would be great too ;) .

Thanks to you for your great mods, on ETS2 I love it, but I would also like it to be great on ATS ;) .

tobrago

#55 Post by tobrago » 22 Sep 2021 12:58

For now, I found this picture. These are military trucks that are being marked.

[ external image ]
>source wikipedia<

azumukupoe

#56 Post by azumukupoe » 22 Sep 2021 13:19

Those military tucks are special case
perhaps you are thinking of the Australian trucks or vocational trucks which are normally not playable in ATS?

[ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

You might want to check the official documents since I'm not so sure...
https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/h ... egulations
tobrago

#57 Post by tobrago » 22 Sep 2021 14:40

@azumukupoe Thank you so much for the information & pictures.

KrysEmlyn

#58 Post by KrysEmlyn » 22 Sep 2021 16:27

I've seen the ADR diamond placards on trucks here in the US, but they are usually on straight (rigid) trucks or delivery vans.
I don't usually see them on semi trucks. The semi trailers usually have them, particularly the tanker trailers.
tobrago

#59 Post by tobrago » 22 Sep 2021 20:07

Truckers, I'm interested in some data. The meanings of the text.

USDOT ??
MC ??
KYU ??
VIN ??
Thank you for your answers. I can't find about this on the internet at least for now.

Dimensions 24 inches x 16 inches
[ external image ]

Post update:
This sticker was also made, of course, in Adobe Illustrator. That's enough for today, we continue to make stickers these days.

[ external image ]
Last edited by tobrago on 22 Sep 2021 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

azumukupoe

#60 Post by azumukupoe » 22 Sep 2021 20:34

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/do-i-need-usdot-number wrote:Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul types and quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number.
https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/get-mc-number-authority-operate wrote:In general, companies that do the following are required to have interstate Operating Authority (MC number) in addition to a DOT number:

Transport passengers in interstate commerce (for a fee or other compensation, whether direct or indirect)
Transport federally-regulated commodities owned by others or arranging for their transport, (for a fee or other compensation, in interstate commerce)

FMCSA operating authority is often identified as an "MC," "FF," or "MX" number, depending on the type of authority that is granted. Unlike the USDOT Number application process, a company may need to obtain multiple operating authorities to support its planned business operations. Operating Authority dictates the type of operation a company may run and the cargo it may carry.
https://drive.ky.gov/motor-carriers/Pages/KYU.aspx wrote:KYU is a tax license issued for all carriers traveling on Kentucky roadways with a combined license weight greater than 59,999 pounds.
VIN = vehicle identification number

GVW = gross vehicle weight
https://dot.ca.gov/programs/traffic-operations/legal-truck-access/ca-number wrote:The Motor Carrier Permit requires a CA number, issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Contact CHP at (916) 843-4150.

Return to “Truck accessories”