[REL] Crashed VNL

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Torbett

[REL] Crashed VNL

#1 Post by Torbett » 01 Aug 2021 21:49

Hey guys! I was kinda tired of always seeing pristine trucks on the road while in reality crashes happen all the time. So here's my take on a damaged version of one of the most sold trucks in America, the Volvo VNL.
I'll continue with the front-side impact on the hood, then maybe sideskirt and/or mirror scratched as well. Tell me guys what do you think or provide some imput if you feel like it.

[ external image ]

Link for 1.43.x
Last edited by Torbett on 29 Mar 2022 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
xDope

Re: [WIP] Crashed VNL

#2 Post by xDope » 01 Aug 2021 22:25

This is actually really interesting! Pair this with an old, worn out livery and it'll be golden! Looking forward to the progress!
If it is stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
hitman822

#3 Post by hitman822 » 02 Aug 2021 00:47

I would like to see this as well. It doesn't have to be just paired with an old look to be damaged, because there are times you could be nice and shiny parked at Love's, and some rookie Swift driver turn too sharply and take out part of your bumper and/or fender. So seeing this, I am pumped to see this, if ever it is to be made. Maybe include worn or missing mudflaps as well? Wish someone would do a variety of used trailers that way also. Some of these trucks and trailer on the roads in game looks too good all the time in game. lol. Good luck with your mod, wish I could help.
smurf_king_1985

#4 Post by smurf_king_1985 » 04 Aug 2021 07:26

really looking forward to this
Bulldog385

#5 Post by Bulldog385 » 05 Aug 2021 07:14

OMG ... smh I can already picture some of the outcomes of this now LMAO :D :lol: When/if this one's released.. People are going to have a field day with it ... especially with certain unnamed company on it... lol
Skoot

#6 Post by Skoot » 21 Aug 2021 13:59

Nah, this Volvo's gotta be white and have a cluttered interior to go with it.
mrbusses

#7 Post by mrbusses » 26 Sep 2021 14:16

I see a while volvo all the time with a blue hood that is all beat up.
Fae

#8 Post by Fae » 27 Sep 2021 00:52

Skoot wrote: 21 Aug 2021 13:59 Nah, this Volvo's gotta be white and have a cluttered interior to go with it.
This. Any real world driver in these threads can definitely attest to this. Make it white, add tassles, add a hole in the floor (I will NOT say for what as this forum is family friendly, supposedly), and a lot of trash and clutter and it would fit the theme perfectly. Just dealt with a nitwit today on I-5 with a bumper that looked almost just like that, too. Of course he wasn't running a CB, either.
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
Digital X

#9 Post by Digital X » 27 Sep 2021 03:15

This gives me some ideas... Looking forward to see where this progresses!
Torbett

#10 Post by Torbett » 18 Mar 2022 01:02

Update on the WIP VNL:

- Added damage to headlight.
- Added damage to hood.
- Bumper reworked to match damage on hood and headlight.
- Reworked shadows on everything to match new geography.

My idea is to make it a replacement mod, so if u guys disable it for some reason won't crash the game.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Return to “Truck accessories”