Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v7.3

Mr Larrington

Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v7.3

#1 Post by Mr Larrington » 16 Dec 2018 17:30

I decided to create a new topic for this mod so the first post can be used to notify you fine folks of any updates instead of your having to hunt them down in the depths of the old one.

Please note: The ETS2 mod now has its own topic: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=265933

Where it came from:
Someone anonymous did one for earlier versions of both games but it didn't get updated after an SCS update. It was credited to Jazzycat but although it used his truck models it never appeared on his web site, so I assume his participation was without his knowledge. This one is based on what the original did, but only uses SCS models, has been kept more or less up to date and has had extra bits added to it, especially the ATS version.

What it does:
Adds double/triple trailers in traffic
Heavy Cargo DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Heavy Cargo DLC
Forestry DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Forest Machinery DLC

What's in the box:

ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic Base:
  • Bottom dumpers: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Dry bulk tanks: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Curtainsiders: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Dryvans: Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
  • Flatbeds: Pup double[1], Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple (empty and loaded)
  • Insulated vans: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
  • Reefers: Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
  • Grain hopper: Turnpike double
  • Lowboy w. jeep & bulldozer
  • Truck transports
  • Double versions of all SCS trucks not already included in the base game
  • Easter Eggs
1: Except hay, which SCS include. SCS also include double pup dryvans & reefers and a Rocky Mountain double grain hopper.

ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Heavy Cargo Addon:
  • Heavy cargo addon: traffic versions of all the Heavy Cargo DLC trailers - REQUIRES THE HEAVY CARGO DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
  • Versions of all SCS trucks to pull 'em.
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Forestry Addon
  • Forestry addon: traffic versions of all the Forest Machinery DLC trailers - REQUIRES THE FOREST MACHINERY DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
  • Versions of all SCS trucks to pull 'em.
ATS Jazzycat Painted Pup Triples And Singles
  • Single and triple versions of the double trailers and associated trucks in Jazzycat's Painted Truck Taffic mod. REQUIRES JAZZYCAT'S PAINTED TRUCK TAFFIC MOD (BUT IS INDEPENDENT OF ANY THE ABOVE MODS).
ATS Multiple Trailers For Cargo:
  • Allows Rocky Mountain/Turnpike double and pup triple trailers for cargo in states and provinces on CanaDream, C2C and the various Mexico maps, and also corrects some of the patent absurdities in the SCS trailer definitions. Refrigerated curtains? Scrap cars inna chip van? STANDALONE MOD.
ATS Truck Templates:
  • Templates for skinning Jazzycat's Volvo VNL (from Jazzycat's Painted Truck traffic mod), Hawkbs' Kenworth W900 (from the Dalton Highway mod) and Insane J's (aka Mohegan13) Kenworth T800 (from the Carlile Transportation Systems mod in the Steam Workshop).
ats_double by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

ats_triple by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

ats_heavy_2 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

ats_heavy_3 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

ats_forest by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

P9100002 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr. OK, this one's cheating; it's one I took on my annual North American road trip in 2017 :) Vacant lot behind the Super 8 motel, Battle Mountain NV.

Trailer paint jobs are the standard-issue SCS ones. Real companies mods should replace the SCS skins with their own. The mod has fancy truck colours courtesy of the inestimable cip of this parish, who also did most of the hard work on the heavy cargo trailer adaptations and pointed me in the right direction over the traffic rules which make the whole thing work.

What's new?

Version 7.3 for ATS: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.3.7z - 27.1 MB
  • Much like v7.2 but reinstates the Jazzycat Painted Pup Triples And Singles mod, plus a few other tweaks.
If you are using cip's Traffic Density mod (or anyone else's come to that) then it MUST GO ABOVE ALL OF THESE MODS in the Mod Manager.

Known issues:
  • Some trailers might arrive before their wheels do. To fix this, edit your config.cfg file and change the line:

Code: Select all

uset g_lod_factor_traffic "0"

to

Code: Select all

uset g_lod_factor_traffic "5"

The game sometimes sets the graphics mode back to "abacus" after a crash, so keep a backup copy of your config.cfg file handy.
  • The trailers still sink into the road surface, fall apart, materialise in the middle of your traffic lane or tie themselves in knots from time to time. These phenomena are down to SCS. I thought they'd fixed this until I saw a flatbed double trying to extricate itsef from I-15 yesterday, like a Shasta ground sloth in the La Brea tar pits. Bah.
  • The trucks have - at least for now - reverted to using the default SCS sounds. Use CIP's ATS Real AI Traffic Engine Sounds mod for nicer noises.
See the description text files in each mod for the countries/regions in which the trailers appear, and how to make the multis appear everywhere if that's what you want.

This is a "bare-bones" mod and you are actively encouraged to take it apart to see how it works and create your own trucks and trailers.

Previous versions:

ATS only
v7.2 ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.2.7z - 27.0 MB. Version for v1.38.
v7.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.1.7z - 27.1 MB. Version for v1.37.
v7.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.0.7z - 24.3 MB. Version for v1.36.
Q/F: ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_DLC_Heavy_Cargo_Addon_Quick_Fix.scs - 14 KB. Fixed issue with SCS changing a cargo file name.
v6.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.0.7z - 21.6 MB. Almost-final version for v1.36.
v5.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.0.7z - 22.8 MB. Version for v1.35 that works with cipinho's traffic density mod.
v4.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.0.7z - 21.7 MB. Initial version for v1.35
v3.3: Fixed the remaining mudflaps but never got released because v1.35 was announced about ten minutes after I finished it.
v3.2: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.2.7z - 19.4 MB. Added 45' turnpike doubles.
v3.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 17.2 MB. Version for v1.34.

ATS & ETS2
v3.1.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Version for ETS2 v1.33.2.19 and above. Last .7z file to contain the mods for both ETS2 and ATS.
v3.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Added cipinho's sound improvements.
v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Version for v1.33.
v2.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v2.0.7z - 14.3 MB. Version for v1.32.
Last edited by Mr Larrington on 08 Aug 2020 17:01, edited 16 times in total.
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Axel Slingerland

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS & ETS2 - v3.1

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 16 Dec 2018 21:48

Mr Larrington wrote:
16 Dec 2018 17:30
v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Can't think why you'd want it, but hey...
I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but I downloaded this file because when I read the readme.txt file in the newer one, which I always do before I add a mod to the game, it said "updated for v1.33", and I have 1.32. But after I downloaded this file I saw it says the same thing. So do you have a 1.32 version? Or will these work in 1.32 and I am clueless as usual about updates I don't have? Image
You can call me Ax

Mr Larrington

#3 Post by Mr Larrington » 17 Dec 2018 15:03

There was a 1.32 version at one point. Let me consult the backups...

Edit: v2.0 for game v1.32 re-uploaded - see first post.
Last edited by Mr Larrington on 17 Dec 2018 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Larrington

B787

#4 Post by B787 » 17 Dec 2018 15:14

Nice! :shock:

VictorSE

#5 Post by VictorSE » 17 Dec 2018 15:26

Cool stuff!
Facebook / Skins topic / Workshop / Flickr
I can make skin requests, all you have to do is to contact me.

Mr Larrington

#6 Post by Mr Larrington » 17 Dec 2018 22:50

SCS have updated ETS2 to v1.33.2.19 while I was eating my dinner and thus broken the mod. ATS also got updated, but the mod is unaffected.

See first post for updated version.
Mr Larrington

cip

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v3.1

#7 Post by cip » 03 Jan 2019 12:17

Happy New Year Mr Larrington! nice initiative with new topic for multiple trailers in traffic. what you did not mention and you should is that inevitably there are traffic files in your mod, these were broken on 17 December in ETS2 not the multiple trailers.
For info, you mod as it is now, is not compatible with traffic density mods, it must be placed above to see doubles in traffic, but the traffic mod may be affected (depending what's the complexity level of the density mod used).
For info I added the rules for multiple trailers in traffic in my traffic density mod and I mentioned this in my thread for ATS and ETS2.
now for traffic there are overrides rules that can make your doubles compatible with any traffic mods, please remind me to do this one day! currently I am busy with Chris45 doubles, for some reasons I have crashes in ATS with no errors but I suspect the Chris45 pack... need more investigation, I may be wrong (I hope) :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Walker Bill

#8 Post by Walker Bill » 12 Feb 2019 04:30

Work great in ATS 1.34 too. Anyway, can you make default turnpike double by scs (not 53' wabash trailer) to the traffic? it consists two 45ft trailers (first one with hook with def name dry_45_hook and the second one being dry_45_r). Thanks you so much

Mr Larrington

#9 Post by Mr Larrington » 05 Mar 2019 00:52

Announcing v3.2, as sort-of requested by Walker Bill - see first post for links etc. Only real change is the inclusion of 45' turnpike doubles alongside the existing 53' ones. See also the first post if you want just one or the other type.

Sorry for the delay but I've actually been doing some driving!
Mr Larrington

cip

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v3.2

#10 Post by cip » 05 Mar 2019 09:36

thanks for the update! I will check soon the sounds that are currently in your pack, all my sounds have been revised and this pack deserves the best sounds ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Traffic”