[REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Keeper

Re: [REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars (updated 14 Nov 17)

#181 Post by Keeper » 09 Oct 2018 01:20

It is still working under the current version of ATS. Still needs an update to get the flashing lights to operate again, of course. If anyone can edit the models to do that, please do!

TexasWhirlwind

Re: [REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars (updated 14 Nov 17)

#182 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 09 Oct 2018 03:03

I think if they can not get the cops to stay in their state then they need to make the Highway Patrol vehicle black and white with a star on the door. And the city cop cars make them white with a badge on the door... That would solve the problem...
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Keeper

Re: [REL] Separate state Highway Patrol and city police cars (updated 9 Oct 18)

#183 Post by Keeper » 09 Oct 2018 23:10

There is no such problem. Correct state patrol cars spawn only in their respective states. Yes, the AI cars may drive from one state to another unrealistically, and even follow you across the country, but that's for SCS to work out.

Anyway, I just posted an update for this mod, adjusting some data files for full compatibility with the current version of ATS. All parked-car data files are no longer changed, as the new default files now park cars in their correct states or cities (they also took out the Border Patrol so no longer should you see those in traffic stops, I believe). Other data files are modified slightly so as not to eliminate a new default car model that SCS has introduced.

Because a file has been removed from the mod (the parked-car data file), make sure you delete the current mod installation folder rather than do an overwrite.

BeastyBill88

#184 Post by BeastyBill88 » 10 Oct 2018 16:17

@Keeper is it possible to fix the Albuquerque police car spawning everywhere apart from Albuquerque?

Laqueesha

#185 Post by Laqueesha » 11 Oct 2018 22:03

TexasWhirlwind wrote:
09 Oct 2018 03:03
I think if they can not get the cops to stay in their state then they need to make the Highway Patrol vehicle black and white with a star on the door. And the city cop cars make them white with a badge on the door... That would solve the problem...
The only problem I noticed (this is a problem with the DLC and not the mod) was that the Portland cop cars' livery is wrong. SCS confused Portland, ME with Portland, OR and based the cop cars' livery off that of the Maine Portland P.D.

Also, the Californian cop cars have civilian plates when they should have CA EXEMPT plates (this is a problem with the game and not the mod).
Last edited by Laqueesha on 12 Oct 2018 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

Keeper

#186 Post by Keeper » 12 Oct 2018 00:48

Oh, interesting! The way they map each city's car texture differently would make that quite difficult to correct, unfortunately.

I did notice an Albuquerque car spawning in Reno. I doubt it has anything to do with this mod as this mod doesn't do anything with New Mexico police. I suspect SCS will fix it themselves at some point

Poking around, I see that the ford_explorer_police.sii file does not have a spawn_condition for two of its Albuquerque skins. That would cause them to spawn everywhere, I expect. Oh, actually it doesn't even have a generic state. That could be a problem as well -- not sure. It also has data for a Portland variant, but at the top of the file there's no Portland variant identified (perhaps this is not necessary when there's not a default version at the top of the file...?). There is a Ford Explorer texture for Portland. Hmm. Seems like SCS messed up on this data file! I've added spawn conditions for the Albuquerque skins. Maybe this will fix it. Try this "mod": http://www.keeper1st.com/ats/tempalbufix.zip -- just note that of course it will override any future updates to the Ford Explorer Police model that SCS may make, so if they add more cities (such as in more states) having that little fix in place would prevent you from receiving those updates. But for now, try this and see if it stops the Albuquerque-everywhere issue. Just remind me to check SCS's new files when they update the game so I can tell you if it's OK to delete the fix.

Keeper

#187 Post by Keeper » 13 Oct 2018 12:58

I went ahead and added the fix for the SCS Ford Explorer police to this mod for now. When SCS fixes the bug officially, I'll remove the fix. So far in my flights all over the place looking at textures as I modify them for the Real Logos Project and having had the fix installed, I didn't see any Albuquerque police spawning out of place, so I think it's working... but I didn't wait around much to see police spawning. Let me know if it seems to be working for you.

Wilhelm_A

#188 Post by Wilhelm_A » 19 Oct 2018 01:07

Thanks much update cowboy!

LoaderSaints

#189 Post by LoaderSaints » 16 Dec 2018 16:29

As of game version 1.33 I am getting the following errors while using the Steam Workshop version of the mod.

Code: Select all

00:02:58.022 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<../../def.scs | >/def/country/new_mexico/traffic.sii':
00:02:58.022 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.250.1f46.07f0' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.f_expl_d_m') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:02:58.022 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<../../def.scs | >/def/country/new_mexico/traffic.sii':
00:02:58.022 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.f_expl_d_m' looks like dangling pointer.
00:02:58.024 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<../../def.scs | >/def/country/oregon/traffic.sii':
00:02:58.025 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.250.1fff.1930' of type 'country_traffic_info' has dangling pointer (to 'traffic.f_expl_d_m') in the attribute named 'object'.
00:02:58.025 : <ERROR> [unit] File '<../../def.scs | >/def/country/oregon/traffic.sii':
00:02:58.025 : <WARNING> [unit] The pointer to 'traffic.f_expl_d_m' looks like dangling pointer.

m1keY

#190 Post by m1keY » 28 Dec 2018 21:58

Have similar errors, but not only on this, also on the flares for emergency vehicles aswell - so something have changed for the police vehicles.../emergency vehicles in the latest updates ... lots of dangling pointers :P

Return to “Traffic”