Train mod for ATS 1.29

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
piva

Re: Train mod for ATS 1.29

#81 Post by piva » 14 Nov 2017 06:06

Wagons don't have sound by default, so fake "locomotives" don't have sound too, because it is "wagons" :lol:

Blackspots

#82 Post by Blackspots » 14 Nov 2017 06:18

SabR wrote:
14 Nov 2017 04:40
I'm yet to enable this mod but if respwan/despawn issue still haunts us, couldn't respawn/despawn points be of any help? Cars that enter this respawn/despawn point would appear/vanish, individually, instead of the entire train going poof.

Illustration: ("|" denotes re/de spawn points)
. . . . = = =|car=car=loco> . . . . . . . . . . . car=car=car=car=car=loco> . . . . . . . . . . . car=car=car=car|= = . . . .
Piva would have to edit the map to make the spawn/despawn points further away.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

piva

#83 Post by piva » 14 Nov 2017 06:19

ShirBlackspots wrote:
14 Nov 2017 06:18
Piva would have to edit the map to make the spawn/despawn points further away.
Let I waiting for SCS spawn update. :lol:

Tirol

#84 Post by Tirol » 14 Nov 2017 10:05

piva wrote:
14 Nov 2017 06:06
Wagons don't have sound by default, so fake "locomotives" don't have sound too, because it is "wagons" :lol:
Hopefully SCS will change that in the future. The whole background noise in the game is in need of improvement anyway.

flight50

#85 Post by flight50 » 20 Nov 2017 03:31

flight50 wrote:
13 Nov 2017 18:21
Thanks Piva, I don't have any traffic mods unless jazzycat's car packs and the ats highway patrol mod have traffic info in them that alter something with the train. Either way, I put the train mod second behind my Sound fixes mod in the hierarchy. I am so happy to see this working. I just encountered my first looong train making a delivery in Albuquerque and it had three locomotives, aww yeah. Sweet. I actually just put on my flashers and waited for it to spawn, lol. I only had to wait like 1 minute so not bad. I let the traffic honk away at me while I waited though, lol. Two questions about the mod.

1) Are all the cargo on train suppose to be the same. I have andrei383's Real Company trailers mod that includes JB Hunt. All the train cargo trailers where JB Hunt. At least this train did. Not sure if they will all be the same or if they are suppose to change skins with others trailers from the mod library.

2) The train was nice and loooong. Just what I was hoping for. Despite all cargo being the same (for my first siting) is the train suppose to just disappear or should the whole train roll by the gates first and then disappear. Should I see the last car, then the gates go up? The train I just saw had at least 15-20 more cars to pass the crossing gates and then it disappeared before the end and then the gates lifted.

I am not complaining at all and I will take it as long as I know these two things happened as it should. But what I am not sure about is if my other mods are possiblity conflicting with any of these two or does the train mod need a few more tweaks.
Determined to solve my issue to get long trains and have multiple cars of different skins, I downloaded grimes updated real companies and keepers real companies. Shirblackspots, I ended up removing your mod since keeper updated his. I am not sure if this was the sole reason for the train mod to not work with different skins, or if moving both real company mods below the train mod worked. Either way, I get long trains with different skins so the train mod works fine. I am able to see the end of it. I did notice a train travel parallel with the high way just disappearing into thin air though. Very long train that vanished. I assume there is a setting that controls the spawn duration. Either way, it doesn't really bother me, it just looked odd.
Last edited by flight50 on 20 Nov 2017 18:33, edited 2 times in total.

Drive Safely

#86 Post by Drive Safely » 20 Nov 2017 04:15

marcel-dutch wrote:
14 Nov 2017 05:55
This mod is fantastic!

But I have one complain: the train in NM is so quit. No sound on the locomotive and no sound on the wagons. :(
If you use Sound Fixes Pack then you have real sound for the New Mexico locomotive, but not the wagons due to the game not allowing sound for this.

marcel-dutch

#87 Post by marcel-dutch » 20 Nov 2017 12:03

@Drive Safely: Tnx!

piva

#88 Post by piva » 20 Nov 2017 12:25

All trains (except wagons :lol: ) have own sound in ATS, in ETS2 all trains quiet.

Tirol

#89 Post by Tirol » 20 Nov 2017 17:28

I hope we get Trains with sound and own locomotive sound in ETS.

Blackspots

#90 Post by Blackspots » 20 Nov 2017 17:49

@flight50: that's fine, but there will be a lot less things changed in world. Piva's train mod works best when placed above mine in the mod manager
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “Traffic”