[REL]City Traffic v1.0.2 for ATS v1.6

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
hoseclamp72

Re: [REL]City Traffic v1.0.2 for ATS v1.6

#21 Post by hoseclamp72 » 22 Apr 2017 21:59

I'm glad the automat package fixes things. I could copy the needed automats into the mod to make it independent. My original reason for making the automat pack was because after SCS released 1.6 there were just so many mods I use that needed updating. This was an easy fix to get everything working all at once.

I've considered adding the ambulance without CA markings to other states, but I'd really rather have alternate looks for that job. I'm just still busy learning how to mod models in Zmod and Blender to add those looks.

And as for CA99/US50, yes it's still in the works. I've just been delayed somewhat lately as I'm currently finishing up my second rebuild of my primary computer. I wasn't happy with my performance in ATS so decided to finally update my hardware (I was running a fairly old i7 930). After first rebuild, which was ATX, I decided to update my case as well. Unfortunately, the case I chose was mATX so that meant another new motherboard and another rebuild. I'm just about all back up and running again though, so work should soon continue on the map. ;)

Blackspots

#22 Post by Blackspots » 23 Apr 2017 01:38

@Hoseclamp72: Since ATS v1.2, SCS recommends placing the necessary automat files into mods to prevent such problems in the future. http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/A ... guides/1.2
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

magadun

#23 Post by magadun » 24 Apr 2017 10:28

Work this mod with mod maps?

Blackspots

#24 Post by Blackspots » 24 Apr 2017 16:19

Yes, this works with mod maps, but you'll find the Las Vegas ambulance in places like Colorado and Nebraska. Same goes with the ATS Highway Patrol mod, you'll find AZ, CA and NV cars in all the other states.
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Keeper

#25 Post by Keeper » 26 Aug 2017 00:45

Ah, is that what happens? People always ask but as I don't use map mods in ATS, I've never been sure. Do any generic police show up? I would guess not, as Highway Patrol mod suppresses generic police. But hmm, if they're suppressed on a per-state basis, maybe they'd show up in non-SCS states... then maybe we could throw in suppression for the Highway Patrol mod cars in every other conceivable state, province and territory (provided I know if mods use any abbreviation or full state names, with underscores for spaces or without, etc.).

Looking at the Highway Patrol setup now, yes, we're suppressing them on a per-state basis, so the default cars should spawn anywhere that isn't "california", "nevada" or "arizona". If someone posts screenshots of the 'country' folders in the various map mods, I could whip up a cancellation of all Highway Patrol mod cars for every non-SCS state.

I suppose, if one wanted to be really complete with the school buses, one could make skins with county school district text on a per-city basis!

Blackspots

#26 Post by Blackspots » 26 Aug 2017 01:24

Actually, yes. The generic police also show up too, on occasion.

Ask and you shall recieve:
Coast to Coast v2.1

CanaDream v2.2.1

VivaMexico v2.4

Keeper

#27 Post by Keeper » 26 Aug 2017 21:17

Cool, thanks! All I really have to do is make one .sii file then create all those directories and put one copy of the file in each. That should do the trick. I'll see if gabenz88 wants to throw in some of the finished skins he had made. I recall screenshots of Utah and Montana, and he said he has New Mexico just about ready. They might have to wait until SCS comes out with their maps, though, as inclusion of city police cars means re-saving the models, and until we know what cities will be there and what SCS will name them, it could mean having to duplicate the work later.

Blackspots

#28 Post by Blackspots » 27 Aug 2017 01:19

Oh, BTW. FA is Florida. According to Mantrid, he was having trouble using the full name for it, so he used FA.

Keeper

#29 Post by Keeper » 29 Aug 2017 19:26

A commenter on Steam says that VivaMexico has its own police, which also are spawning outside of Mexico, in other words has similar incompatibility with the other map mods. I suppose I could throw in suppression for their police as well, making ATS Highway Patrol act also as a police compatibility fix for all these map mods.

[EDIT, ADDENDUM]
Ah, it seems the police add-on for VivaMexico is basically a reskin of the old DaModza police car, which is in a deprecated format (and with a whole bunch of unnecessary bits from that old mod still present and unused). Not sure it would be so easy for a third party to suppress them in particular locations; it's best if users simply don't download that add-on until they re-write it in a current form (and clean out all the stuff they're not actually using).

Blackspots

#30 Post by Blackspots » 29 Aug 2017 22:25

I don't use the VivaMexico police mod anyway, didn't see a need to.

Return to “Traffic”