ATS Mod Request

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
GT182

ATS Mod Request

#1 Post by GT182 » 19 Feb 2018 02:53

I've been running in rainstorms in-game and it's just as hard in ATS as it is in real life to see traffic that has no lights on at all.... coming at you or following them.

Here in the most States of the USA, if not all, there is a law that when your wipers are on your headlight must be on also. Not daytime running lights, but all lights. If you don't then the cops pull you over and issue you a ticket. Yeah right.. cops today don't bother just like the rest that don't.

Is there a way someone could do this in a mod for ATS?

An explanation of why.... When I was driving over the road it was drilled in to my head, as I'm sure it was others, that when you were driving in the rain, snow, or fog you turned on all of your lights for safety when your wipers were on. Most of the time I drive with all my lights on even if I don't need my wipers. Sorry if this seems like a rant but it's just a small request for a mod. Thanks.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Drayman

Re: ATS Mod Request

#2 Post by Drayman » 20 Jan 2019 13:07

I concur. I also turn all my truck lights on all the time.
I think there ought to be a real life federal law that demands that ALL new vehicles be manufactured with lights that come come on when you start the engine. It's been that way with motorcycles for decades. It should be that way for all motor vehicles.
The bigger they are, the harder they haul!

joschac2

#3 Post by joschac2 » 21 Jan 2019 22:02

hmm, The AI for me have lights on when its raining

GT182

#4 Post by GT182 » 23 Jan 2019 03:57

I'm pretty sure I saw that too last time it rained... AI lights on. Not 100% positive tho, as it was raining right around the time it was getting dark. But I think someone at SCS is finally listening to us. ;)
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Return to “Traffic”