AI headlight beams mod

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Llewelyn

AI headlight beams mod

#1 Post by Llewelyn » 03 Mar 2018 12:49

Same mod as before, updated to work with 1.29.x and 1.30.x game versions. Included new vehicles from 1.30

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfeuu699e4gem ... 0.scs?dl=0

please remove older version 1.28 and use this one instead.

Note: This affects ONLY the AI headlamp beams which shine on the road. It doesn't change the flares (look of the lights on the vehicle) nor the player's own headlamps.

Llewelyn

Re: AI headlight beams mod

#2 Post by Llewelyn » 03 Mar 2018 12:51

GT182

#3 Post by GT182 » 21 Mar 2018 19:19

Llewelyn, can you add to your mod, or make a separate mod for AI traffic. I'd like to see a mod where the AI traffic's headlights come on when their wipers come on.

If you get into a heavy rainstorm you can hardly see them with no lights on. IRL it's a law in almost all States.. "Wipers on Headlights On". It's a safety thing.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

GT182

#4 Post by GT182 » 21 Mar 2018 19:46

I just added it to my ATS mod folder. It shows as ai_headlights_1.30 when you download it, but when it's in the mod folder it shows as ai_headlights_1.28. No idea why but I just wanted to let you know.
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

Blackspots

#5 Post by Blackspots » 25 Mar 2018 22:44

@GT182: That's because the game version display in the manifest.sii hasn't been changed to show v1.30
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Llewelyn

#6 Post by Llewelyn » 08 May 2018 09:47

I think that's something the game already does? I've noticed lights on in heavy rain. Doesn't happen in light rain though. I'll be checking it and updating for 1.31 soon, as I think I noticed some AI trucks with short beams.

Return to “Traffic”