Please note: The ETS2 mod now has its own topic: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=265933
Where it came from:
Someone anonymous did one for earlier versions of both games but it didn't get updated after an SCS update. It was credited to Jazzycat but although it used his truck models it never appeared on his web site, so I assume his participation was without his knowledge. This one is based on what the original did, but only uses SCS models, has been kept more or less up to date and has had extra bits added to it, especially the ATS version.
What it does:
Adds double/triple trailers in traffic
Heavy Cargo DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Heavy Cargo DLC
Forestry DLC Addon adds the trailers and cargo from the Forest Machinery DLC
Various other bits'n'bobs as detailed below
What's in the box:
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic Base:
- Bottom dumpers: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
- Dry bulk tanks: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
- Curtainsiders: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
- Dryvans: Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
- Flatbeds: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple (empty and loaded)
- Insulated vans: Pup double, Rocky Mountain double, pup triple
- Reefers: Rocky Mountain double, Turnpike double, pup triple
- Grain hopper: Turnpike double
- Truck transports - Kenworth T680 and Western Star 49xx
- Lowboys: Double (2-3) and triple (2-2-2 & 3-3-3) with combine harvester & bulldozer cargo
- Double versions of all SCS trucks not already included in the base game
- Easter Eggs
ATS Multiple Trailers In Traffic DLC Heavy Cargo Addon:
- Heavy cargo addon: traffic versions of all the Heavy Cargo DLC trailers - REQUIRES THE HEAVY CARGO DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
- Versions of all SCS trucks to pull 'em.
- Forestry addon: traffic versions of all the Forest Machinery DLC trailers - REQUIRES THE FOREST MACHINERY DLC AND THE BASE PACKAGE
- Versions of all SCS trucks to pull 'em.
- All the cargos, all the colours, wood and not-wood trailers for 2- and 3-axle SCS lowboy trailers - STANDALONE MOD
- Boat, Ford F150 transporter and mobile barrier trailers
- Single and triple versions of the double trailers and associated trucks in Jazzycat's Painted Truck Taffic mod. REQUIRES JAZZYCAT'S PAINTED TRUCK TAFFIC MOD (BUT IS INDEPENDENT OF ANY THE ABOVE MODS).
- Versions of all the SCS and Jazzycat trucks in the other mods comptible with CIP's Sound Mods. MUST GO ABOVE THE BASE, FORESTRY, HEAVY CARGO AND JAZZYCAT MODS (IF INSTALLED) IN THE MOD MANAGER
- Allows Rocky Mountain/Turnpike double and pup triple trailers for cargo in states and provinces on CanaDream, C2C and the various Mexico maps, and also corrects some of the patent absurdities in the SCS trailer definitions. Refrigerated curtains? Scrap cars inna chip van? STANDALONE MOD.
- Templates for skinning Jazzycat's Volvo VNL (from Jazzycat's Painted Truck traffic mod), Hawkbs' Kenworth W900 (from the Dalton Highway mod) and Insane J's (aka Mohegan13) Kenworth T800 (from the Carlile Transportation Systems mod in the Steam Workshop).
ats_double by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
ats_triple by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
ats_heavy_2 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
ats_heavy_3 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
ats_forest by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
P9100002 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr. OK, this one's cheating; it's one I took on my annual North American road trip in 2017 Vacant lot behind the Super 8 motel, Battle Mountain NV.
Trailer paint jobs are the standard-issue SCS ones. Real companies mods should replace the SCS skins with their own. The mod has fancy truck colours courtesy of the inestimable CIP of this parish, who also did most of the hard work on the heavy cargo trailer adaptations and pointed me in the right direction over the traffic rules which make the whole thing work.
Version 8.0 for ATS: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v8.0.7z - 28.9 MB <== updated @ 2020-11-10 01:02 GMT
Version of the Jazzycat Singles & Triples mod with triples in the right places - ATS_Jazzycat_Painted_Pup_Triples_and_Singles.scs - 148 KB
- Western Star trucks for multis, forestry and heavy cargo trailer-towing duties
- Add-on with trucks compatible with CIP's sound mods
- Extra mod containing a wider selection of single lowboys in traffic, plus a handful of other trailers that SCS didn't put into traffic either
- Some trailers might arrive before their wheels do. To fix this, edit your config.cfg file and change the line:
Code: Select all
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "0"The game sometimes sets the graphics mode back to "ZX-81" after a crash, so keep a backup copy of your config.cfg file handy.
Code: Select all
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "5"
- The trailers still sink into the road surface, fall apart, materialise in the middle of your traffic lane or tie themselves in knots from time to time.
This is a "bare-bones" mod and you are actively encouraged to take it apart to see how it works and create your own trucks and trailers.
v7.4: ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_Base.scs - 7.4 MB. Update to base mod only.
v7.3: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.3.7z - 27.1 MB. Re-added the Jazzycat trucks & trailers.
v7.2: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.2.7z - 27.0 MB. Version for v1.38.
v7.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.1.7z - 27.1 MB. Version for v1.37.
v7.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v7.0.7z - 24.3 MB. Version for v1.36.
Q/F: ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_DLC_Heavy_Cargo_Addon_Quick_Fix.scs - 14 KB. Fixed issue with SCS changing a cargo file name.
v6.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.0.7z - 21.6 MB. Almost-final version for v1.36.
v5.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.0.7z - 22.8 MB. Version for v1.35 that works with cipinho's traffic density mod.
v4.0: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.0.7z - 21.7 MB. Initial version for v1.35
v3.3: Fixed the remaining mudflaps but never got released because v1.35 was announced about ten minutes after I finished it.
v3.2: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.2.7z - 19.4 MB. Added 45' turnpike doubles.
v3.1: ATS_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 17.2 MB. Version for v1.34.
ATS & ETS2
v3.1.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v220.127.116.11z - 31.2 MB. Version for ETS2 v18.104.22.168 and above. Last .7z file to contain the mods for both ETS2 and ATS.
v3.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Added cipinho's sound improvements.
v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Version for v1.33.
v2.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v2.0.7z - 14.3 MB. Version for v1.32.