Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.49.1

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Mr Larrington

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v6.0

#51 Post by Mr Larrington » 30 Apr 2020 12:07

cip wrote: 22 Apr 2020 09:13 [...]
also in ATS version maybe you can make the double food tanker appearing in traffic. I see that SCS released only an ownable version not for freight market and that I don't know how to add to traffic :D
for ETS2 version is too early to talk but sounds will take much longer since I want to finish ATS sounds first ;)
Ownable trailers can be added in traffic but it's a lot more effort than just converting existing freight market trailers and as far as I can tell only works properly with unpainted trailers. I had a try with the pup double/triple grain hopper trailers. It did not end well :evil:
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Mr Larrington

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v7.1

#52 Post by Mr Larrington » 12 May 2020 16:16

Mods: please forgive the consecutive posts.

While adding the Mack Anthems I unearthed and embarrassingly large number of errors in the various mods in this package, in particular the Jazzycat Singles/Triples on (which has been rebuilt from the tyres up). Anyway, we now have both models of Mack Anthem for regular multi, heavy and forestry trailers, plus a lot of further tweaks to spawn frequencies, plus some other stuff only I forgot what. See first post for details, download link etc.
Mr Larrington
cip

#53 Post by cip » 12 May 2020 18:30

good job! now you can add also real sounds from my mod if you think it worth the addition ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Mr Larrington

#54 Post by Mr Larrington » 14 May 2020 11:11

Adding the sounds will have to wait, I'm afraid, coz I'm closing in on the completion of the rebuild of my personal trucks/trailers/traffic/cargo mod, which has only taken six months :D
Mr Larrington
cip

#55 Post by cip » 14 May 2020 12:10

if you do not plan to change the trucks I will add them in my upcoming update for jazzycat trucks and also classic trucks plus other trucks like GTM team trucks
I have quit SCS forum...
Mr Larrington

#56 Post by Mr Larrington » 18 May 2020 10:13

I've no plans to change the trucks at least until SCS gives us v1.38 and/or Freightliners, so go ahead and add them to your update.
Mr Larrington
Mr Larrington

#57 Post by Mr Larrington » 15 Jul 2020 16:06

Natch v1.38 has broken this. Changes to vehicle types, I think. I'm investigating.
Mr Larrington
cip

#58 Post by cip » 15 Jul 2020 17:38

update is easy, just rename the doubles to long in the trailer storage name, also for trucks ;)
I have quit SCS forum...
Mr Larrington

#59 Post by Mr Larrington » 19 Jul 2020 17:48

And change trailer_chains[]: "semi_trailer" and trailer_chains[]: "double" to trailer_chains[]: "truck" and trailer_chains[]: "truck_long", and try to figure out why the covered trailers (dryvan/reefer/insulated/sliding tarp) trailers are failing to appear anything like as often as they should and why the Jazzycat ones have so far failed to appear at all and why Windows 10 v2004 has taken a profound dislike to one of my network drives and mend my reading glasses and stop the local pigeons* from practising their clog dancing at first light a metre above my head and (explodes)

I haven't forgotten, it's just being frustrating.

Idaho DLC is nice, though, and so is the Las Vegas bypass and the route between Cedar City to US-93.

* I think some idiot is feeding them :evil:

Edit 2020-07-21 00:18 BST: Some trailers are being hauled by trucks which have no right to do so e.g. Jazzycat painted trailers attached to unpainted trucks. Not yet sure whether the same thing is happening for the trailers in the Forestry and Heavy Cargo addons. Bah!
Edit 2020-07-22 15:55 BST: I think this may have something to do with the new "tags[]" attribute. Further investigation ongoing.
Edit 2020-07-23 17:30 BST: Given up. Update mod minus Jazzycat trailers now uploaded - see first post. Another schlimbesserung for SCS :roll:
Mr Larrington
cip

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v7.2

#60 Post by cip » 23 Jul 2020 17:41

actually I do not use jazzycat painted trucks, I only use the bdf pack in ETS2 but I have seen the ATS jazzycat painted trucks and he did not add anything to the personalized trailers. I am wondering if indeed spawn_ratio: 0 really no longer works because this was the key for disallowing other trailers to be taken by trucks.
with the current settings it seems indeed that matching trucks with personalized trailers still works but personalized trailers will go to other trucks as well... my solution for BDF trailers is to set them as separate type (when I will update mt ETS2 mods)
not sure if adding a tag will work because this need to be specified in the traffic files too
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Traffic”