Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v1.49.1

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
cip

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ATS - v6.0

#31 Post by cip » 07 Nov 2019 13:09

Dear Mr Larrington, thank you for keeping this mod alive. you can imagine that I have updated these trailers and also brought to traffic all the new heavy trailers from the farming DLC, in the first day I bought the DLC and updated all of them to 1.36 beta immediately :lol:
can you please tell more about what issues you encountered? for me all seems to work, I do not recall any particular problems after the 1.36 update and neither with Chris45 pack, remember that I have all those doubles in traffic as well ;)
the only disturbing thing is that when hit, most of them do no longer recover, the wheels literally dive in the asphalt like in mud :lol: but this happens even with scs official doubles in traffic but not always... found any solution for this? anyway this is only a minor issue, the trailers behave very well in almost all roads and crossroads, even the heavy with the jeep and spreader are perfectly fine!
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
Mr Larrington

#32 Post by Mr Larrington » 07 Nov 2019 15:18

The main issues were:
  • SCS' double trucks use the 'trailer_chains[]: "double"' thing to decide which trailers they can haul, which includes the Rocky Mountain and turnpike doubles in the mod, and
  • I'm not convinced they were working properly anyway :D
If you want to re-enable the SCS ones, delete /def/country/*/traffic.scs_double.sii from all countries. It seems that you can put trailers as well as other AI traffic in the traffic.sii files for each country - which I never knew unless it's a new thing for v1.36 - so it's probably possible to control the trailer's countries from there instead, but that would need further experimentation and the Utah DLC beckons.

They do tend to sink and/or tie themselves in knots. Lovely traffic jam yesterday on northbound I-5 at the I-80 interchange :P
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
cip

#33 Post by cip » 07 Nov 2019 16:35

ah, I forgot that you keep the realistic spawn only in the accepted states for the multiple trailers. yes indeed you can add spawn_ratio: 0 to all trailers, same as for police cars for example, and create country files in those countries where there are accepted, you can play with the spawn numbers if you want for example more normal doubles than RM doubles, or even less heavy trailers. therefore I considered unnecessary to clone the trucks and have a version for each type of trailer, in my game a truck can haul any double and different doubles are having different spawn values.
I only allocated heavy trailers as separate type with separate type of trucks to have better control of them, for example I did not allow those with spreader in cities to avoid collisions, this was not possible without a separate type ;)
I have quit SCS forum...
willy1962

#34 Post by willy1962 » 10 Nov 2019 08:40

Do you have a loadorder for your 3 traffic mods.
I read/know that the Real Traffic Density v1.36b by Cip comes above your mods.
Ive go the 4 pages of this topic but I can`t find a loadorder.
I have all the DLC`s.
Mr Larrington

#35 Post by Mr Larrington » 10 Nov 2019 16:44

Load order shouldn't matter since SCS introduced the double vehicle and trailer types but for neatness' sake if nothing else I'd go with:
  • cip's traffic density
  • ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_DLC_Forestry_Addon
  • ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_DLC_Heavy_Cargo_Addon
  • ATS_multiple_trailers_in_traffic_Base
reading from the top of the mod mangler down.
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
willy1962

#36 Post by willy1962 » 10 Nov 2019 16:52

Thank you.
I go try your mods.
LAFAYET47

#37 Post by LAFAYET47 » 10 Nov 2019 16:55

@Mr Larrington

Sadly, with SiSL's trailer pack activated it's almost impossible to see any of your trailers. I tried to give a higher load order but still I barely see any trailer of this mod. Seems like I will have to get rid of SiSL if I want to use yours.

Also, saw in the readme file that we need to run two batch files (one or another), everywhere.bat or selected.bat which control the spawn frequency of the trailers. Do we really need to do this? What is the default spawn frequency of this mod?
Last edited by LAFAYET47 on 11 Nov 2019 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
cip

#38 Post by cip » 10 Nov 2019 17:54

@LAFAYET47 if SiSL has only semi-trailers in traffic, the spawn of doubles has nothing to do with that pack. what you are missing is a traffic mod increasing doubles in traffic because by default it's low and only in some roads ;) Mr Larrington will explain to you perhaps what is the bat file but I assume it includes the country spawn so that multiple trailers will spawn only in the allowed states ;)
I have quit SCS forum...
LAFAYET47

#39 Post by LAFAYET47 » 10 Nov 2019 18:18

@cip I think SiSL has doubles and even triples, he introduced them way long before SCS did ;) I would gladly use your traffic mod but that would absoultely kill the already awful performance I have with 1.36 update :(
cip

#40 Post by cip » 10 Nov 2019 18:29

alright I did not know that SiSL added also doubles and triples, in this case you need to check if there is no conflict between the 2 packs, since it covers the same traffic models it may conflict at def level
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Traffic”