American Truck Stops V1.1 By Ernst Veliz

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
GT182

Re: American Truck Stops V1.1 By Ernst Veliz

#11 Post by GT182 » 04 Apr 2020 16:28

As for the problems in this mod I just ignore them. Just seeing all the trucks it added to ATS only makes it more of a truck simulator. Nothing is perfect in ATS, even with other mods, except the enjoyment of playing it. ;)

And it's also one of my favorites.... bugs and all. LOL
Gary - CB code name: CW
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

davidhicks1994

#12 Post by davidhicks1994 » 05 Apr 2020 21:59

Is this mod still working on the latest update? I've installed it, and followed the load order. But I don't notice anything different. All of the Truck Stops still only have about 3 or 4 trucks in them. I even tried some of the bigger spots around the map. I have no other map mods or anything like that. I double checked that I have the required mods that you listed. Have I done something wrong or do I just need to wait for an update?
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.

bryntrollian

#13 Post by bryntrollian » 05 Apr 2020 22:50

Still working for me...

Lolsmurf

#14 Post by Lolsmurf » 06 Apr 2020 11:11

Works on 1.37 but might not work with map mods

davidhicks1994

#15 Post by davidhicks1994 » 06 Apr 2020 16:33

Just a quick update here. I now have the mod working. Apparently, I needed to start the game with the mod loaded. Then save, then re-load the save. Now it works. I'm not sure why or what caused this, as I said I have no other conflicting mods, but hey, if it works it works :)
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.

SoloTwo

#16 Post by SoloTwo » 09 Apr 2020 22:41

While this is one of the things the game needed most in regards to realism and I am enjoying it greatly, I feel that at least in some aspects it doesn't need THAT many trucks added. While having a full truckstop is pretty realistic, having every gas station full to the brim and every company location being completely full of random trucks that usually have no reason to be at that location is a bit overkill. While realism is the point of this mod, having a bunch of car carriers at a lumber mill kind of break the realism, and then at many locations, many of the cars and trucks are floating a few feet above the ground. Last night while pulling into a farm, the long access road had trucks along the side the entire way for around a mile. It didn't really make sense. Also, a few more spaces being available in sleeping areas would be nice. Pulled into a rest area yesterday and every spot was full.

I really think in regards to realism, truck stops, and rest areas should be about 25% less than what is being used now, and at company locations far, far fewer trucks. It's just a bit weird pulling into a lumber mill and there being about 30 trucks parked in and outside, a vast majority which have no reason to be there.

bulldogleo

#17 Post by bulldogleo » 14 Apr 2020 13:23

load order pls thx

GT182

#18 Post by GT182 » 16 Apr 2020 14:49

The only problem I find is trucks/trailers blocking the drop zone so you can't get out after dropping your trailer. And as SoloTwo stated, less trucks for the same reason. Other than that it makes up for what SCS left out that was needed for realism. Don't give up Ernst this is a very good mod.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

SoloTwo

#19 Post by SoloTwo » 16 Apr 2020 18:55

Unfortunately, I've had to uninstall the mod. While it was nice at first, I feel in an attempt for realism the mod has gone the other way and is even more unrealistic than without the mod. While the actual truck stops being full is nice, perhaps they don't need to be 99% full. The only time you really see truck stops that full are in the evenings, so something like 75% full might be a better compromise. It's just a bit weird seeing every spot in front of a garage, every gas pump, and every spot full in the middle of the day. Also, the parking areas on the side of country roads do not need to have 50 trucks parked in them. I pulled into rest at what was just some small archery store, yet every inch of the parking lot was full of trucks.

These gas pumps are for cars, not trucks.

The side of this road had probably 20-30 trucks parked on the side, this isn't a thing that happens in America.

The following photos are at a prefab home factory. While its cool to have some trucks around the company, the fact that none of them should be there ruins any realism that was added.

And what made me finally uninstall was delivering to the home supply store that is modeled after Home Depot and seeing 6 Walmart trucks delivering and in the parking lot. I can't even imagine the work put into this mod, but I just think it needed to be toned back a lot more. Though I'm sure many won't really care and just are happy seeing a lot of trucks everywhere.

GT182

#20 Post by GT182 » 16 Apr 2020 21:43

I've seen that too.... wrong truck at the wrong delivery drop. I'm not sure if he even has control of what goes where. Maybe the quantity tho. WalMart is a dedicated delivery company so you're right about them showing up in any place but WalMart is wrong.

In a way I'm one that doesn't care too much. It is good to see more trucks. I even saw one pulling into the same delivery point as I was. That was a treat. Now to see them going in and out would be really a nice treat.

Return to “Traffic”