American Truck Stops V1.1 By Ernst Veliz

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
SoloTwo

Re: American Truck Stops V1.1 By Ernst Veliz

#21 Post by SoloTwo » 17 Apr 2020 00:04

It is nice I just get a bit overly OCD about things and if its all I'm thinking about its best to just not use it for the time being.

Deranged_Maester

#23 Post by Deranged_Maester » 20 May 2020 07:58

@Ernst.veliz Thank you for posting your mod. I've taken to using it, and like the effect it gives. I have however run into some issues, and figured I'd let you know.
  • The truck stops @ exit 277 on I-40 New Mexico (Santa Rosa) are a little incorrect. This explanation will be from the point of view heading south on US84. The TA (on the right) does not have truck parking in the first parking area (at least they didn't when I retired from driving). This is only for those dirty 4wheelers :lol:
  • During the day time the Loves (on top of the hill) is usually the busier of the two truck stops.
  • During the day neither truck stop has to many trucks parked. most are fueling or transmitting paperwork.
  • (I don't know how granular the time slots are that you can assign to traffic, but) Typically most truck stops will start to get overnight stoppers from 16:00 on. Usually it's peak is around 18:00 to 22:00 and trucks will begin leaving again around the 02:00 mark (very slowly at first). During the daytime most 'parked' trucks are only parked for an hour or so, though there are layovers that will sit in a truck stop for days if dispatch hates them lol. :evil:
  • The fuel islands should indeed have a couple trucks in them, but never trucks parked for any length of time. Trucks parked in islands is a small problem you see in the screenshot below.
  • I had a walbert (not one of the big walberts, but a small one) delivery that was a serious pain as there was a truck parked right up to the delivery point on the side of the building. (I set my settings to never ask about deliveries and to randomly choose one for realism) I did manage to fit into the delivery, how ever I had to backout on to the main road (A huge no-no in the states) because there wasn't enough room to turn around due to two other trucks parked the the loading docks, and one in the parking Isle at the front of the store.
In the screenshot below, the truck infront of me is parked in an island and that island is the only one accessible from the road. coming from the parking area the island on the right is accessible, but few drivers would take it because of the tight exit.
ats_20200520_031220_00.jpg

Ernst.veliz

#24 Post by Ernst.veliz » 23 May 2020 21:16

Deranged_Maester wrote:
20 May 2020 07:58
@Ernst.veliz Thank you for posting your mod. I've taken to using it, and like the effect it gives. I have however run into some issues, and figured I'd let you know.
  • The truck stops @ exit 277 on I-40 New Mexico (Santa Rosa) are a little incorrect. This explanation will be from the point of view heading south on US84. The TA (on the right) does not have truck parking in the first parking area (at least they didn't when I retired from driving). This is only for those dirty 4wheelers :lol:
  • During the day time the Loves (on top of the hill) is usually the busier of the two truck stops.
  • During the day neither truck stop has to many trucks parked. most are fueling or transmitting paperwork.
  • (I don't know how granular the time slots are that you can assign to traffic, but) Typically most truck stops will start to get overnight stoppers from 16:00 on. Usually it's peak is around 18:00 to 22:00 and trucks will begin leaving again around the 02:00 mark (very slowly at first). During the daytime most 'parked' trucks are only parked for an hour or so, though there are layovers that will sit in a truck stop for days if dispatch hates them lol. :evil:
  • The fuel islands should indeed have a couple trucks in them, but never trucks parked for any length of time. Trucks parked in islands is a small problem you see in the screenshot below.
  • I had a walbert (not one of the big walberts, but a small one) delivery that was a serious pain as there was a truck parked right up to the delivery point on the side of the building. (I set my settings to never ask about deliveries and to randomly choose one for realism) I did manage to fit into the delivery, how ever I had to backout on to the main road (A huge no-no in the states) because there wasn't enough room to turn around due to two other trucks parked the the loading docks, and one in the parking Isle at the front of the store.
In the screenshot below, the truck infront of me is parked in an island and that island is the only one accessible from the road. coming from the parking area the island on the right is accessible, but few drivers would take it because of the tight exit.
ats_20200520_031220_00.jpg
Thanks for the info

follow the update of the mod in the following link any error report it there, I will soon release version 1.70 taking into account your observations

viewtopic.php?f=202&t=284149

busted85

#25 Post by busted85 » 23 May 2020 21:21

Really looking forward to the update really like this mod it has a lot of potential. Keep up the great work!

Vinnie P.B.

#26 Post by Vinnie P.B. » 04 Oct 2020 04:47

I guess nothing is heard about UPDATE, huh? :?

TitanA.

#27 Post by TitanA. » 05 Oct 2020 01:26

The mod is kinda broken for me. The gas stations are missplaced and the trucks taht are parked at the pump are inside the pumps.

GT182

#28 Post by GT182 » 14 Oct 2020 02:10

Titan, as I understand they are still working on it. We'll just have to wait it out for the update. At least I hope there'll be an updated.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm ATS addicted to doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:

kudoshinchi

#29 Post by kudoshinchi » 14 Oct 2020 17:44

i Hope you are right cause this mod currently not work very well and I have to disabled it

Return to “Traffic”