Note concerning Trailer chains in 1.38

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
wdbames2

Note concerning Trailer chains in 1.38

#1 Post by wdbames2 » 19 Jul 2020 15:11

I have noticed Traffic packs for 1.38 from more than 1 modder recently that are not working correctly.
Upon investigation, I found that the trailer chains in the def were not updated. the old "truck_semi" no longer works.

SCS has changed the valid trailer chain types.
Here are the new trailer chain types:
bdouble
double
rmdouble
single
tpdouble
triple

I was able to edit the mods to get them working properly.
Modders, please update Your trailer chains as necessary.

Houssem Manssouri

Re: Note concerning Trailer chains in 1.38

#2 Post by Houssem Manssouri » 20 Jul 2020 21:25

plz can u help i had this error as long as i drive it is even causing lag :
<ERROR> [traffic_vehicle_chain] Invalid vehicle type 'truck_semi'!
00:06:58.079 : <ERROR> [traffic_rule] Error initializing traffic rule from data (s_truck_l)
00:06:58.141 : <ERROR> [traffic_vehicle_chain] Invalid vehicle type 'truck_semi'!
00:06:58.141 : <ERROR> [traffic_rule] Error initializing traffic rule from data (s_truck_l)
00:06:58.167 : <ERROR> [traffic_vehicle_chain] Invalid vehicle type 'truck_semi'!
00:06:58.167 : <ERROR> [traffic_rule] Error initializing traffic rule from data (s_truck_l)

ps : i did remove jazzycat pack all of them even 1.38 compatible ones
but ame issues , so i removed none updated truck maybe they had traffic but nothing
i even tried removing the company mod but i still got the error and it dosnt stop
i started to think it is map thing because i have mega ressources + sierra nevada but they are updated!!!
do u have any idea?

wdbames2

#3 Post by wdbames2 » 22 Jul 2020 00:15

Those errors are not coming from a map. Look for a traffic mod. SCS changed the names of the connections between trailers/Trucks and trailers.
If You can find the mod that is causing it, look in the def files under vehicles. "truck_semi" needs to be changed to "single". If You see "truck_long" that becomes "double"

Houssem Manssouri

#4 Post by Houssem Manssouri » 22 Jul 2020 01:42

the problem is i dnt use any traffic mods and thx for the reply

BK Vissers
Global moderator

#5 Post by BK Vissers » 22 Jul 2020 12:04

Is there a table or some other reference as to what the original name was and the replacement? Also is this only for traffic or for actual trailer mods themselves?

KrysEmlyn

#6 Post by KrysEmlyn » 22 Jul 2020 18:52

"traffic_storage_semi_trailer" has been changed to "traffic_storage_trailer_semi" for the single trailers. Use "truck_semi" to reference these trailers.

"traffic_storage_semi_trailer_double" has been changed to "traffic_storage_trailer_long", which has all traffic trailers beyond a single trailer contained here. Use "truck_long" to reference these trailers.

"traffic_storage_trailer_special" has been changed to "traffic_storage_trailer_custom". This one holds the non-driveable trailers that are used for the random events/detours.
When referencing these and other parked trailers in hookup files, use "parked_trailer" instead of "parked_vehicle" and either set the "allow_parked" property to true or exclude this property entirely. (It's true by default when the property is not present)
The property "allowed_vehicle" needs to be changed to "allowed_trailer" for these particular trailers as well.
The property "allowed_vehicle_type" is no longer used (depreciated) by SCS Software.

"traffic_storage_truck" and "traffic_storage_truck_city" remain unchanged as to what their purpose is. The contents inside these files may be different, though.

This information is what I have from unpacking the game's def.scs file.

Return to “Traffic”