[REL] [1.43+] AI Truck Expansion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ness

Re: AI Truck Expansion

#11 Post by Ness » 13 Jan 2021 06:04

Anthem with a chrome bumper!

[ external image ]

Not in the mod btw, have a few other models planned to do before I release an update
Immense7771

#12 Post by Immense7771 » 14 Jan 2021 22:56

Hey good looking pack so far, definitely neat to see more versions of the SCS trucks in traffic. I was wondering if it's at all possible to designate trucks to certain trailers? Like is it possible to "limit" the trucks that pull lowboys and actually fix them up to look the part? I'm no trucker and I don't live in or travel west much so maybe things are different but it's odd to see bone stock trucks pulling oversize without flags, banners, and beacons.

To do this are you editing the traffic.sii?
Deltatristar500

#13 Post by Deltatristar500 » 14 Jan 2021 23:50

Would be great to find a way to get single axle daycabs for pups, doubles, and triples
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5800x3D
Asus Geforce 4080 RTX OC Edition
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
2 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Windows 10
lamar326g

#14 Post by lamar326g » 14 Jan 2021 23:55

Wow, @bwae thank you so much for creating this mod! What an excellent addition to ATS. I'm hoping that somewhere down the line the @SCS-Software team will be able to implement these minor improvements to AI. @Oscar have you seen this mod?
Ness

#15 Post by Ness » 15 Jan 2021 02:51

Immense7771 wrote: 14 Jan 2021 22:56 Hey good looking pack so far, definitely neat to see more versions of the SCS trucks in traffic. I was wondering if it's at all possible to designate trucks to certain trailers? Like is it possible to "limit" the trucks that pull lowboys and actually fix them up to look the part? I'm no trucker and I don't live in or travel west much so maybe things are different but it's odd to see bone stock trucks pulling oversize without flags, banners, and beacons.

To do this are you editing the traffic.sii?
I've been wanting to figure that out! Been wanting to see about implementing trucks with headache racks that only pull lowboys/flatbeds. I know that the regular AI vehicles can have trailer models defined (eg the Jeep Wrangler is defined to spawn with the camper, buggy or boat trailer.) as well as Jazzycat's painted trucks mod have trucks defined to spawn with specific trailers, so I know its doable, just need to experiment a bit!

And nope, traffic.sii isn't touched. I'm adding I'm simply adding new edited models in the "truck storage". Since the way AI trucks work in ATS/ETS2 is that they are their own less detailed model, instead of using the drivable truck's model (Hence why in the past on the ETS2 side it took a bit for the 2016 Scania R/S to appear in traffic, because SCS didn't have a AI model made)

It's good for framerate but of course they aren't as modular as the drivable trucks are. Hence why I need to make a new model for each configuration I want. While I do wish SCS would make a more modular accessory system for AI traffic, I can fully understand why they haven't, since these are just AI vehicles and the only time you get a close look at them is when they brake check you on the highway :lol:

Deltatristar500 wrote: 14 Jan 2021 23:50 Would be great to find a way to get single axle daycabs for pups, doubles, and triples
4x2 trucks are planned! Can't promise when but I do want to implement them at one point
Ness

#16 Post by Ness » 15 Jan 2021 03:35

Also new update!

1.2 - 1/14/2021
- Added Volvo VNL Chrome bumper (Sleeper and Lowsleeper)
- Added Volvo VNL 2016 Facelift
- Added Mack Anthem Chrome bumper daycab
- Added Peterbilt 579 Sleeper full plastic and plastic bumper
- Changed default Pete 389's wheels from steelies to chrome + updated LODs
- Adjusted daycab W900 and 389's spawnrate
Immense7771

#17 Post by Immense7771 » 15 Jan 2021 18:00

Hey thanks for the reply! I've never really paid attention and just assumed that the traffic trucks were the same as the drivable trucks in stock form, good to know they aren't the same. So you are actually going in and changing models. I wonder now if it's even possible to add functioning beacons to traffic trucks? The banners and flags I assume shouldn't be too hard but I'm probably wrong. Either way thanks for the good work on the mod, looking forward to seeing more!
The Dude

#18 Post by The Dude » 20 Jan 2021 14:02

Thank you for sharing, appreciate the work.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
Ness

#19 Post by Ness » 07 Feb 2021 01:38

Coming soon™

[ external image ]
fusebox

#20 Post by fusebox » 07 Feb 2021 02:45

Wondered how long before this happened, looking forward to it!

Return to “Traffic”