[REL] Proper Traffic Variety (1.41, 9/18/21, Wyoming Update)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DW1899

[REL] Proper Traffic Variety (1.41, 9/18/21, Wyoming Update)

#1 Post by DW1899 » 05 Feb 2021 04:27

ATS's traffic variety is well and all, but could it be more accurate? This mod makes a minor change, but it certainly makes the game more accurate.

I've sifted through thousands of Craigslist ads for each vehicle's year, make, model, and, when applicable, trim, counted every individual vehicle, and factored it into each vehicle's spawn ratio. For vehicles belonging to a specific department or company, I've taken a sample for each state, and factored what vehicles are present in that sample into each vehicle's spawn ratio.

Resolving incompatibilities:
-You may have to place the mod beneath traffic packs.
-Place beneath Brutal Traffic (maintains in-class traffic variety while allowing Brutal Traffic's density).
-Place beneath ATS Traffic Behaviour (maintains in-class variety while allowing Traffic Behaviour's density).
-Place beneath Meatballs Traffic Density Mod (maintains in-class variety while allowing Traffic Density Mod's density).
-Place above Realistic traffic (allows the spawn of modded traffic vehicles while overriding his edits to spawns).
-Place below Real Traffic Density (allows Traffic Density's density, while keeping in class variety).
-Place above Island Map to ensure the mod takes effect.

Features include:
-Vastly decreased semi spawn.
-Vastly decreased police spawn.
-Vastly decreased bus spawn.
-Vehicles not sold in the United States no longer spawn.
-Vehicles unrealistic fleet vehicles no longer spawn (some fire trucks, 2012 CHP Charger, etc.).
-Outdated fleet vehicles no longer spawn (MCI MC-12, NHP Crown Victoria, etc.).
-As previously stated, every spawn ratio is grounded in empirical data, at least somewhat accurately portraying the car culture of each state. For example, California has a greater preponderance of electric vehicles, while other states have an increased number of pickups.

Supported maps:
-Island Map
-Montana Expansion
-Some parts of C2C

Bugs:
-Utah's lack of variety and some vehicles being far too prolific has been largely been corrected, but some issues still remain.

Other notes:
-Compatible with all map mods, traffic packs, and DLCs, however, map mod traffic isn't effected.
-Since traffic pack's aren't optimized for this mod, and it may cause issues with traffic spawning. This is especially true for Utah, where spawn ratios have been greatly altered (normal spawn ratios hover around 0.5-1.00, but I've had to multiply this by 100 for each vehicle) to combat measures hard-coded into the game.

Future plans:
-Wyoming will be added once SCS releases the DLC
-Alaska will be added in the next update

Credits:
Craigslist: Sales data
Google Maps: Fleet data
Cip: General pointers

9/18/21 changelog:
-Added Wyoming
-Fixed some general issues

7/26/21 changelog:
-Added Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, and Massachusetts
-Added support for Subaru Outback Onyx Edition XT and new Chevrolet Advance Design
-Removed unused Albuquerque Police Department vehicles
-Colorado ambulance now spawns in more states (nothing makes this ambulance specific to Colorado)
-Tweaked overall spawn rates

3/21/21 changelog:
-Added Montana Expansion support
-Tweaked some vehicle spawn rates (street sweeper, Ford Transit, Isuzu NPR, Lincoln Town Car, Ford F-350, Ford F-650, there may have been some others)

2/22/21 changelog:
-Fixed semi spawn rates
-Tweaked some vehicle spawn rates for accuracy (Ford F-350, Lincoln Navigator, Ford Mustang GT, and Hyundai Santa Fe Sport)

2/15/21 changelog:
-Tweaked some vehicle spawn rates for accuracy (Ford Crown Victoria, Chevrolet City Express, Ram 2500, and perhaps some others)
-Tweaked truck spawn rates for increased comparability with modded trucks (Thanks to Cip)
-More or less fixed Utah. It's still not the most compatible with traffic packs, but the lack of variety is certainly less noticeable
-Removed U-Haul F-650 from traffic for increased accuracy
-Tweaked Ford Transit spawn rates in accordance with the new liveries
-Removed PostEd van from traffic in accordance with the new liveries
-Added support for Island Map
-Added support for 1.40

Feel free to edit, redistribute, claim it as your own, I really don't care, no credit to me required.

Please let me know of any bugs, suggestions, criticism, constructive, or otherwise. You're likely to get a faster response through Discord (you can join through this code: Bc4VMxaCNe), but once received, all contacts will be treated equally.

Download (9/18/21, 1.41)

Download (7/26/21, 1.41)

Download (3/21/21, 1.40)

Download (2/22/21, 1.40)

Download (2/15/21, 1.40)

Download (2/4/21, 1.39)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Last edited by DW1899 on 19 Sep 2021 01:00, edited 7 times in total.
Lolsmurf

Re: [REL] Proper Traffic Variety (1.39, 2/4/21)

#2 Post by Lolsmurf » 05 Feb 2021 06:37

Great work man, it really bothers me too how half of the traffic is trucks and buses sometimes.

Does this mod work with CIP traffic mod in some way?
DW1899

#3 Post by DW1899 » 05 Feb 2021 15:07

Lolsmurf wrote: 05 Feb 2021 06:37
Does this mod work with CIP traffic mod in some way?
First, thank you.

I looked into the mod, and while I think if you gave CIP priority, you could get that mod's density while keeping the in class variety of this mod. CIP is incredibly in-depth, and that may cause problems, but I don't see any direct conflicts if you gave it priority. Of course, there could be something I'm missing.

I'm hoping to add a version of this mod with higher traffic density to nullify conflicts like this. I know how to make it work, but work well is another matter. On top of that, I have some other projects that are taking priority, so we'll see.
Last edited by DW1899 on 05 Feb 2021 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Lolsmurf

#4 Post by Lolsmurf » 05 Feb 2021 16:40

Alright thanks!
Cip will probably not have a mod for 1.40 so many will be searching for a new one.
LancerFourms

#5 Post by LancerFourms » 05 Feb 2021 20:55

And about the traffic mods, I have many of the Jazzycat's mods, including the regular AI traffic, sports cars, classic cars, and motorcycles, as well as GTA V traffic mods. And since I have the '18 VNL mod, that one also adds the '18 VNL truck to the traffic.
I am using: CyberPowerPC Tracer V Edge I15E GM5TC0O / Intel Core i7 11800H CPU / 6 GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile GPU / 16 GB (2x8 GB) Team Group SD4 RAM / 1 TB WD_BLACK SN750 SSD
DW1899

#6 Post by DW1899 » 05 Feb 2021 23:59

LancerFourms wrote: 05 Feb 2021 20:55 And about the traffic mods, I have many of the Jazzycat's mods, including the regular AI traffic, sports cars, classic cars, and motorcycles, as well as GTA V traffic mods. And since I have the '18 VNL mod, that one also adds the '18 VNL truck to the traffic.
Yes, those should work with this mod, but their spawn ratios aren't optimized for this mod, so you may experience some issues. If any of them aren't compatible, let me know.
AlextheTall

#7 Post by AlextheTall » 06 Feb 2021 02:18

Hello DW, I just wanted to know, is this mod actually adding like real car, or it's simply the density! sorry english is not my first tongue so I am trying to get an idea what it is! :)

thanks for you work!
Nee__

#8 Post by Nee__ » 06 Feb 2021 12:04

Do the generic cop cars keep spawning?
DW1899

#9 Post by DW1899 » 06 Feb 2021 16:16

AlextheTall wrote: 06 Feb 2021 02:18 Hello DW, I just wanted to know, is this mod actually adding like real car, or it's simply the density! sorry english is not my first tongue so I am trying to get an idea what it is! :)
This is neither, this keeps the same density, it just makes the traffic variety more realistic, according to actual cars for sale. No new traffic vehicles are added, that's coming later down the road, in a different mod.
Belvia wrote: 06 Feb 2021 12:04 Do the generic cop cars keep spawning?
Generic fire trucks and ambulance no longer spawn, unfortunately, generic police cars still spawn. I've been trying to find some way to stop this from happening, but I've yet to succeed. From what I can tell, the game picks a generic police car for a city when it doesn't have a city-specific one to use, regardless of what that vehicle's spawn ratio is. However, this mod does at least eliminate generic police cars spawning outside of cities, so that's something.

I'm considering making a mod that replaces the generic police cars with unmarked ones, just to make them a bit less unsightly.
joschac2

#10 Post by joschac2 » 11 Feb 2021 13:36

Lolsmurf wrote: 05 Feb 2021 16:40 Alright thanks!
Cip will probably not have a mod for 1.40 so many will be searching for a new one.
Cip just released a version for 1.40

Return to “Traffic”