Jon Ruda xml files

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Goggles56

Jon Ruda xml files

#1 Post by Goggles56 » 12 Apr 2021 02:17

Does anyone know where I can get up to date Jon Ruda xml files? His updated 389 only has 2 cab/sleeper options that I can see in the game, 72" flat top and 72" high roof. I was able to get some older ones and put them into MS2. They work sort of. When I do a template up for a flat top it comes out in the game as a high roof. I tried manipulating the files but still can only get a high roof. It'll do for now but it would be nice to do a flat top.

PBandJ

Re: Jon Ruda xml files

#2 Post by PBandJ » 12 Apr 2021 02:22

There is a set on MS2 discord in the ATS truck xml section done by Pauly. It says it is for the flat top version but has both in it. Once you install it into MS2 you choose whether it is for the flattop or the high roof cab.

Goggles56

#3 Post by Goggles56 » 12 Apr 2021 02:58

I just went and downloaded the file. Thanks for steering me there.

Goggles56

#4 Post by Goggles56 » 12 Apr 2021 05:27

Something hinky is going on when I load that xml file into MS2. The file name is "ATS.pete.jc.xml" but it shows up in MS2 as "jon-ruda - @@brand_peterbilt@@ @@series_peterbilt_389@@ Glider". It has a file size of 52kb while the file that works for the High Roof is 1kb.

When I select the long winded addition above, two options appear on the right under the Truck tab, 72" Flattop and 72" High Roof. Looks great at this point. I select Flattop and move on to the Basic tab and complete all the steps necessary to complete a skin in MS2 as I have done successfully many times. The resulting .scs file is always 22kb and is worthless. If I go back in to MS2 having not closed it, the xml selection under Truck has moved to the Ruda xml that works with the only option being a High Roof but that option is not checked. If I start over, begin the manifest, add the template, under Truck select the new xml and 72" Flattop then go to any other tab and come right back to the Truck tab the same thing happens as I described just above. Weird.

I compared the file that works to the long winded one and saw that the faulty one has a boat load of option items in it, everything that you can option out on the truck. I deleted all of those on a whim to make it look like the one that works. No joy, same result. I tried renaming the file just for giggles and that produced nothing good.

I also tried deleteing the xml file out of the MS2 vehicle data folder and re inserting it but that didn't work. Am I doing something wrong here or is this file wonky?

PBandJ

#5 Post by PBandJ » 12 Apr 2021 11:35

What version of MS2 are you using? By worthless what did you mean as far as the skin you made? I used this xml to make a skin for the high top version not long ago. The "long winded" name is what appears in my MS2 for the truck. I just went back and reloaded the saved paintjob file into MS2 that I created for the high top and it still has the high top box checked and everything is set correctly.

This truck is skinned with a basic truck template not an advanced template. Alt_uv is unchecked.

Goggles56

#6 Post by Goggles56 » 12 Apr 2021 14:24

The version number is 2021.01 so I think is up to date. It seems weird that it only unchecks the 72" Flattop for this template, all other template options remain checked when I leave that tab and then come back to it. I did get it to work by going through the normal process then before exporting it, went back to the Truck tab and re-selected 72" Flattop and then exported it without leaving that window. I have the same version of Mod Studio 2 on both my gaming PC and my laptop and it does the same thing on both. I am not sure why that is but for now I am really happy that I have found a work around.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

PBandJ

#7 Post by PBandJ » 12 Apr 2021 15:10

That is the same version I have at the moment, but there was a new version released on April 5th. May want to make a post on their discord with your findings to see if there is an issue with the xml or MS2 itself.

Goggles56

#8 Post by Goggles56 » 12 Apr 2021 20:57

I upgraded the MS2 version on my laptop and it does the same thing and only with this one xml. The Freightliner classic xml is fine and stays checked at whichever cab option I choose. Like I say, weird. I did leave a note on the discord server but being new to it probably made a mess of it. I didn't see where to add a new comment or post so uploaded a text file. Looks a mess.

Return to “Skins”