[REL] "Wallbert Transportation, LLC" Texture (Upd. 2/15/16)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Carman

[REL] "Wallbert Transportation, LLC" Texture (Upd. 2/15/16)

#1 Post by Carman » 07 Feb 2016 22:08

Introducing...the private fleet of America's favorite superstore! This skin is very much based on the livery used by Wallbert's real-world counterpart: Walmart.

Kenworth W900:

DOWNLOAD (ShareMods)

Peterbilt 579:

DOWNLOAD (ShareMods)

Kenworth T680:

DOWNLOAD (ShareMods)

Installation instructions: Place the .zip files in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\American Truck Simulator\mod, then activate them in-game.

Feel free to edit this skin as you please for personal use. Don't upload to any other websites without permission.

Update:
2/15/16: Added Kenworth W900 Texture
Last edited by Carman on 16 Feb 2016 02:07, edited 3 times in total.

Centrino2

Re: [WIP] "Wallbert Transportation, LLC" Texture

#2 Post by Centrino2 » 07 Feb 2016 22:58

errr.... I am not too sure about favorite superstore.... but nice work.

Now if only SCS would do this, but if their skin (if they ever make it) turns out to be kinda meh, then I would definitely use yours.

And thank you for following forum rules, now if only every new user did that.

Pumizo
Beta tester

#3 Post by Pumizo » 07 Feb 2016 23:00

Looks promising... Keep us posted :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage

SavageCore

#4 Post by SavageCore » 07 Feb 2016 23:16

Very nice. Could you or anyone else explain the codes/numbers on the sleeper? What are they for? I like to stay authentic when making a skin.

Centrino2

#5 Post by Centrino2 » 07 Feb 2016 23:21

It's a DOT (Department of Transportation) thing, it is used to identify and kinda track a truck, at weigh stations all they have to do is scan that number and they know everything that you are doing, the only thing they don't know is you face (or what it you name?).... it some crazy tech I can tell ya that!

Einjzmolf

#6 Post by Einjzmolf » 08 Feb 2016 00:14

Would it be possible to have this automatically load on quick job trucks carrying for Wallbert?

The skin looks fantastic, very immersive :)

canuckster

#7 Post by canuckster » 08 Feb 2016 00:26

Awesome work

Would love to see one for Gallon and Chemso as well... if you ever have time. ;)
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Pining to drive the Trans-Canada Highway... some eventual beautiful day.

Carman

#8 Post by Carman » 08 Feb 2016 02:32

Glad everyone's liking it. Updates on progress so far...the Peterbilt is pretty much done at this point. I readjusted the "W" logo on the top of the sleeper, changed the size of the DOT markings, and added the good ol' Flag o' Freedom.

Here's a preview for the Kenworth. I still need to change the USDOT markings so it's not the exact same as the Peterbilt and realign some stuff. Everything should be done by tomorrow!

SavageCore wrote:Very nice. Could you or anyone else explain the codes/numbers on the sleeper? What are they for? I like to stay authentic when making a skin.
They're USDOT (United States Department of Transportation) numbers...basically ID numbers for the truck. As to what they all mean and everything, I haven't got a clue. Maybe a real trucker can chime in.
Einjzmolf wrote:Would it be possible to have this automatically load on quick job trucks carrying for Wallbert?

The skin looks fantastic, very immersive :)
I'm not entirely too sure if that's possible. I tend to just stay in the realm of texturing, so I don't have a clue.
canuckster wrote: Would love to see one for Gallon and Chemso as well... if you ever have time. ;)
I have thought about that, but I want to get some real US trucking companies in first. Definitely going to be a pet project though.

Flywheel

#9 Post by Flywheel » 08 Feb 2016 05:48

Well your pics look fantastic, really nice, if you release it for all I will use it for sure. I just finished paying my bank loan off now I can earn some loot for myself, I am driving a Peterbilt at this time, but will go for a Kenworth for a second truck one I upgrade the garage, thnx for the pics. Pete

Return to “Skins”