[REL] "Wallbert Transportation, LLC" Texture (Upd. 2/15/16)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
smith121363

Re: [REL] "Wallbert Transportation, LLC" Texture (Upd. 2/15/

#31 Post by smith121363 » 18 Feb 2016 03:53

Technically, yes they do. My dad was an Owner/Operator leased on to Walmart for 17 years.(2.5 million miles in a Freightliner FLD120) He pulled reefers form the distribution center in Temple,Tx. going to the "Valley" in south Texas. He usually had to pick up produce grown down there to bring back to Temple. These back hauls are technically being hauled for the growers. (Something to do with book keeping and taxes) Also, since American drivers can not drive into Mexico and Mexican drivers are only allowed to drive 30 miles above the border, the company drivers do a lot of trailer swapping at the border. Walmart products going south to their stores in Mexico and Mexico manufactured goods coming north.

Vencto

#32 Post by Vencto » 04 Mar 2016 09:16

Love these colors and my whole fleet of Kenny's is looking like this, thank you!
Will you update this pack and include multiple vehicles besides the default ones too?! First to pop in mind is the upcoming T800 from Mikey, the 389 from Viper and the VNL from Aradeth

Turt213

#33 Post by Turt213 » 10 May 2016 10:26

First of all I'd like to say thank you for creating/sharing your work....so thank you.

Now to address a small issue with all three of these mods. They all produce this warning in the game.txt.log file,

Code: Select all

<WARNING> [mod] Mod package 'Wallbert_Transportation_Kenworth_T680' does not contain a manifest file 'manifest.sii', creating default information set.
<WARNING> [mod] Mod package 'Wallbert_Transportation_Kenworth_W900' does not contain a manifest file 'manifest.sii', creating default information set.
<WARNING> [mod] Mod package 'Wallbert_Transportation_Peterbilt_579' does not contain a manifest file 'manifest.sii', creating default information set.
These warnings are because, there are no manifest.sii files contained with in the .zips, nor are there description.txt files, or mod images for the Mod Manager.

They are simple issues to fix & the game does create/ignore them, however I feel they take away from the over all package of the mod.

Cheers Turtool

xxJamesxx

#34 Post by xxJamesxx » 11 May 2016 16:47

Then make it yourself if you think it is that needed and that easy to do...which it is easy to do and is not needed for a skin on a truck. That is what I do if a mod is missing the manifest and I think it may be useful..I make it myself and not complain to the author when you can very well do it yourself.

m1keY

#35 Post by m1keY » 11 May 2016 20:30

it looks good in the mod manager if they're made,
but no obligation - only if it's gonna be uploaded to steam workshop I believe it's mandatory ,
as U said not hard to make one yourself, I have done for all of mine, like to see a nice preview and presentation in modmanager - but have had some issues with descriptions,
which has been brought to attention in a bugreport.... (not by me) ;)

Turt213

#36 Post by Turt213 » 15 May 2016 17:12

xxJamesxx wrote:Then make it yourself if you think it is that needed and that easy to do...which it is easy to do and is not needed for a skin on a truck. That is what I do if a mod is missing the manifest and I think it may be useful..I make it myself and not complain to the author when you can very well do it yourself.
So in your opinion, I should just fix this for myself & say nothing to the creator? Which (IMO) will only benefit me...

Please do tell me, how me fixing other peoples mods "privately" benefits the community? Or for that matter, helps the creator improve their work?

FYI, this was not a "complaint". If I felt the need to complain, then I would do so in private. I was merely informing the creator that there was a "small issue" with their mod. Which (IMO) would benefit the mod if it was fixed.
Then make it yourself if you think it is that needed and that easy to do
I don't need to "think" it is easy, because I "know" it is a easy repair to make. However unlike you, I'm not in the habit of repairing other peoples work for them. This is not to say I won't help them, I just won't do their work and rescue them. After all, it's their mod/idea not mine....

Return to “Skins”