[REL] Gallon Oil - Let's Power America Together. ®

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Carman

Re: [WIP] Gallon Oil - Let's Power America Together. ®

#21 Post by Carman » 21 Feb 2016 02:43

W900 is done! Hoping to finish the Peterbilt 579 tomorrow, then hopefully release shortly thereafter.

What I think I'm going to do is to release the Gallon Oil skin, then just start working on a giant pack. We'll see how it goes...thoughts on this idea?

m1keY

#22 Post by m1keY » 21 Feb 2016 10:38

a really nice project, can't wait to try it on
+1 on the package ,
this should/would be a perfect addon for the "vanilla" players, no game changing just improving :P

like said, would be nice to see these improved skins in the quickjob, just like Pendragon had with his MOD in ETS2 ...maybe something for SCS to pick up 8-)

Immense771

#23 Post by Immense771 » 21 Feb 2016 12:47

Absolutely do the pack! Having default company skins (especially of this quality) would be awesome.

Hakan

#24 Post by Hakan » 21 Feb 2016 12:51

Nice!

hobbes1971

#25 Post by hobbes1971 » 22 Feb 2016 02:04

love the skin on the w900. Looks sharp.

as for the giant pack, heck yeah, i'd deff. use that.

herrmant

#26 Post by herrmant » 22 Feb 2016 05:56

Love the DOT Certified Clean Idle sticker... Will download as soon as its released.

xxJamesxx

#27 Post by xxJamesxx » 22 Feb 2016 14:04

Looks great...and as I said before would love to see a pack of the default companies.

Only a little nitpick though..

The second picture of the W900....the American flag on the hood is displayed wrong. Proper display of the American flag is always the Union (blue field with stars) to the left when being looked at. So the Union should be under the 9 and 4 of the number

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/more/displayonly.htm

"When the flag is displayed in a manner other than by being flown from a staff, it should be displayed flat, whether indoors or out. When displayed either horizontally or vertically against a wall, the union should be uppermost and to the flag's own right, that is, to the observer's left. When displayed in a window it should be displayed in the same way, that is with the union or blue field to the left of the observer in the street. When festoons, rosettes or drapings are desired, bunting of blue, white and red should be used, but never the flag."

Carman

#28 Post by Carman » 22 Feb 2016 14:45

@James: To my knowledge, that's the way the flag is supposed to be displayed, even on vehicles. It's the same concept with how the American flag is "backwards" on a US Soldier's uniform. The soldier represents the flagpole with flag "moving forward" into battle.

It also appears the same way on New York City's buses:

Any who, skin has been released! OP updated...on a side note, my God, the T680 is ugly as a day cab.

xxJamesxx

Re: [REL] Gallon Oil - Let's Power America Together. ®

#29 Post by xxJamesxx » 22 Feb 2016 15:14

Ok my bad... you are correct.

"In application, then, flags are displayed on moving vehicles with the blue-star field always displayed towards the front of the vehicle. In this way, the flag appears to be blowing in the wind as the vehicle travels forward (flags are always attached to their flag poles on the blue field side). If the flag were not reversed on the right hand side of the vehicle, the vehicle might appear to be moving backwards (or "retreating")."

And yes the 680 is an ugly daycab. For me it is that side piece next to the pipes on the back that makes it look horrible.

SabR

Re: [REL] Gallon Oil - Let's Power America Together. ®

#30 Post by SabR » 22 Feb 2016 15:20

This turned out really good. Can't wait to see your work on other companies :)

Return to “Skins”