First skin for ATS

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Xtry_online

First skin for ATS

#1 Post by Xtry_online » 20 Mar 2016 02:42

My first skin for ATS. Up2Gaming is a Flemish/Dutch gaming comunity. Mostly on console (PS4). But some of us also play on PC.

I'm working on a skin for the other 2 trucks in ATS.
I'm also working on a pack for ETS2.

I'm new to modding and making skins. So if you have anny tips please share them.

If you like it please:
Download V1 Here

You can also find it on the ATS Steam workshop. ;)
Last edited by Xtry_online on 20 Mar 2016 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on PSN (PS4 only) & Steam: Xtry_online Xbox: Xtry online

Axel Slingerland

Re: First skin for ATS

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 20 Mar 2016 03:08

You put Steam advertising on your truck? Image
You can call me Ax

Xtry_online

#3 Post by Xtry_online » 20 Mar 2016 06:54

Axel Slingerland wrote:You put Steam advertising on your truck? Image
You can look at it like that :p.
Its just our comunity is on PSN and Steam. So thats why I put the emblem on the truck haha :p
Add me on PSN (PS4 only) & Steam: Xtry_online Xbox: Xtry online

Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Mar 2016 17:52

I'm sorry... I just have a strong dislike for Steam and couldn't resist saying that. Whether you're part of a Steam community or not, it just struck me as a little over the top...

In any case, my advice to you on this skin is that you have your team logo, then below it you repeat it in plain text saying "Up2Gaming Logistics". Having "Up2Gaming" on there twice is redundant. You should figure out a way to add "Logistics" to the logo in a similar font as the logo, and drop the other text. With as many free fonts as are available on the Internet, surely you could find the one used for the logo, or something reasonably close to it. My favorite font site is 1001 Free Fonts. (They have far more than 1001...)

Now about that other logo... Having that on there twice is also redundant, and as far as I know, ATS is not available on PS4, thus the PS4 logo shouldn't be there at all. But if you consider it some kind of advertising and want to keep it, I would say once is sufficient.

Good luck with your skinning!
You can call me Ax

Return to “Skins”