ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes Volvo VNL 2018)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SyphonFaraday

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes International lt)

#113 Post by SyphonFaraday » 19 Oct 2021 03:32

Thank you very much! This is what I was looking for!
Alarthon

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes dump trailer & 2020 Cascadia)

#114 Post by Alarthon » 08 Dec 2021 16:32

Updated with ownable dump trailer and Cascadia 2020 parts.
RottenRowdy

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes Freightliner Cascadia 2019)

#115 Post by RottenRowdy » 29 Jan 2022 22:28

l2rebel wrote: 25 Dec 2020 17:36
Alarthon wrote: 25 Dec 2020 17:06 Yeah like PBandJ said. You will no doubt have to find that mods template, even if its slightly different it is different and will not work.
I found the Rollin Pete 389 Template, If you would like it I can send it over. Ironically its a SCS template >.>
Anyway you are still around and i can get my hands on it?
Alarthon

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes Freightliner Cascadia 2019)

#116 Post by Alarthon » 04 Feb 2022 02:27

RottenRowdy wrote: 29 Jan 2022 22:28 Anyway you are still around and i can get my hands on it?
I never received the template. Sorry I can not help with that.
kaitahn25

Re: ATS Example file structure mod using templates (Includes dump trailer & 2020 Cascadia)

#117 Post by kaitahn25 » 15 Mar 2022 20:53

i am having an issue with this file it is telling me that when i go to save it says that it is a read only file and i do not have it set that way in any way
Alarthon

#118 Post by Alarthon » 16 Mar 2022 21:18

Which one? All of them? When looking at the options for me it says viewers can download. With google drive you can't pull specific files from it, you have to download it all. The download button is in the top right of the screen and icon is a down arrow.
KingOfTheRoad77

#119 Post by KingOfTheRoad77 » 20 Mar 2022 16:45

Hello Alarthon,

I already asked you for some advice for your Ali Arc bumper mod via Steam Workshop, my Alias there is TraubeNuss :)

Well - to be honest - I once again tried to understand what to do and where:

[ external image ]

... and watched a YouTube Paint Job tutorial, too, but it really isn't that easy to just change that "damn" one pixel to black colour :shock:

I first went once again to this folder:

[ external image ]

... but as you can see in my screenshot, the only DDS file containing any (senseful) content GIMP is showing, is "details_c.dds".

I then discovered by help of the YouTube tutorial, that the paintjob should be located here:

[ external image ]

... but here, all DDS just show a middle grey 2k resolution image in GIMP...

I simply haven't got the slighties clue in which texture file and where exactly to find that pixel in order to make it black / anthrazite...

And I really like to it myself - but well... absolutely no success so far.
So I would be thankful for some additional, more detailed help, please :)

Just for background:
I am using the emerald Bison SCS paint job from the Wyoming event for my Anthem. Choosing the paintjob fitting painted bullbar/bumper version makes it much too green without any contrast, choosing the chrome version is far better - but when looking at other accessories I kept plastic / standard / black, black / anthrazite seems to fit the best for my personal taste ;)
Alarthon

#120 Post by Alarthon » 20 Mar 2022 19:56

So how I have the bumpers set up you will need to make a full paintjob for it. There is no .dds files in my mod that paint the bars/bumpers themselves. The files you found are for specific parts of the bumpers that are not paintable.

The easiest way right now will be to use paintjob packer. viewtopic.php?t=282956 It will help make the mod for you then you can see the file structure of paintjobs.

You will need the SCS extractor to pull the files https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... _Extractor To use it just copy and paste the .scs files (where you have them installed from steam) to a new location then drag the .scs files onto the extractor.exe. Let it run until the command prompt goes away by itself.

The bison paintjob is vehicle\truck\upgrade\paintjob\mack_anthem\wy_bis . Just pull a .dds from that location. Open it in a image editor and add the black pixel in the bottom left corner. Use that .dds in the paintjob packer and you should be all set.

Return to “Skins”