Movies, tv series and cartoons' trucks and trailers skins! Last upload 16/03/2020: "Movin' On" tv serie

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
CapitanoAraym

Movies, tv series and cartoons' trucks and trailers skins! Last upload 16/03/2020: "Movin' On" tv serie

#1 Post by CapitanoAraym » 18 Feb 2020 10:52

In this post I'll present all my works completed and ready to be shared, as "Catalog".
Right after there will be then the "Showroom", in which each will be shown in more deep, sorted by categories.

I hope you'll enjoy my creations!

--- ALL MY DOWNLOADS WILL BE TOTALLY FREE ALWAYS ---
... but if you like my creations and you want to offer me "a beer", for my efforts, eventually you could drop here a donation: https://www.paypal.me/AraymGAME

Araym

--- *** --- CATALOG --- *** ---

[ external image ]

I think that no presentation is needed, for this one: directly from the '80s TV Show, a two pieces:
The truck's paintjob support all the accessories and cab/chassis sizes.
The box trailer's paintjob, also, support all the lenght (from 28ft to 53ft) and variant (dry, insulated, refeer) and relative accessories.
BOTH are "color mask": they came pre-set to "BJ and The Bear" color scheme by default, but are FULLY IN GAME CUSTOMIZABLE in any shade and nuance of colors.

For more Info and features of both, keep scrolling down the nest posts, to the "Showroom" sections.

*** FROM VERSION 1.2, the trailer supports Overfloater's colorable "vintage" refeer unit accessory! *** <-- DOWNLOAD THE NEW REFEER UNIT THERE
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

... and finally, a weird encounter as "guest star", casually popping out meanwhile I was driving around to find good places to get some images of the v.1.0, perfectly in theme with the 80's look of the truck, to mix up a bit of a jump in the past (or a leap "Back To The Future" :P ):
[ external image ]
(... the DeLorean comes with "SILS's Mega Pack" mod: it's NOT a stock feature... but by all means it was fun to see around and perfectly timed :D )

**DOWNLOADS**:
** Latest change **
12/03/2020: trailer update V.1.3 - Updated texture for better fitting of Overfloater's colorable retro refeer units

-- Downloads -- ------

[ external image ]

- "Optimus Prime" for Overfloater's Kenworth K100E:
[ external image ]

Available in all cab sizes and accessories that cames with the original pack, PLUS extra "Autobots" rear mudflaps available only in this pack:
[ external image ]

Color customizable IN GAME, to eventually create:
"Ultra Magnus"...
[ external image ]

... the japanese Diaclone's "Convoy" that ispired Optimus...
[ external image ]

... or any color combination liked! ;)

**DOWNLOADS**:
** Changelog **
04/03/2020: Release v.1.0
- Download HERE!! -

------

- "Optimus Prime" for Harven's Freightliner FLB:
[ external image ]

Available for all sizes and accessories, plus with "Cybertron-Autobots" custom dashboard:
[ external image ]

Color customizable IN GAME, to eventually create:
"Ultra Magnus"...
[ external image ]

... the japanese Diaclone's "Convoy" that ispired Optimus...
[ external image ]

... or any color combination liked! ;)

**DOWNLOADS**:
** Changelog **
- Download HERE!! -

------

[ external image ]

- "Nemesis Prime" for Overfloater's Kenworth K100E:
[ external image ]

Also usable to recreate "Motormaster", the evil leader of the "Stunticon" and body of the conbiner "Menasor":
[ external image ]

Available in all cab sizes and accessories that cames with the original pack, PLUS extra "Decepticons" rear mudflaps available only in this pack:
[ external image ]

As ALWAYS, totally color-customizable IN GAME! 8-)

**DOWNLOADS**:
** Changelog **
- Download HERE!! -

------

- "Nemesis Prime" for Harven's Freightliner FLB:
[ external image ]

Available for all sizes and accessories, plus with "Cybertron-Decepticons" custom dashboard:
[ external image ]

Also this one color-customizable IN GAME!! ;)
[ external image ]
... for example if you want a red-decepticon truck???

**DOWNLOADS**:
** Changelog **
- Download HERE!! -

------

[ external image ]

- "Transformers Trailers" for the stock SCS's Box Trailer:

Available for ALL the dimensions (from 28ft to 53ft), ALL the accessories, ALL the variants (dry van, insulated, refeer) and even the road-train versions!!!

- "Optimus Prime" trailer:
[ external image ]

- "Nemesis Prime" trailer:
[ external image ]

- "Motormaster" trailer:
[ external image ]

One package to get them all!

The pack includes customized, extra, rear mudflaps, available ONLY HERE: 8-)

- "Autobots" style:
[ external image ]

- "Decepticons" style:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Not a particulary news to tell that ALL OF THEM are also color-customizable IN GAME!

*** FROM VERSION 1.1, the trailer supports Overfloater's colorable "vintage" refeer unit accessory! *** <-- DOWNLOAD THE NEW REFEER UNIT THERE

**DOWNLOADS**:
** Changelog **
12/03/2020: Update v.1.1
- Download HERE!! Version 1.1 -

P.S.: as said below, I customized and made as new only the rear mudflaps of the trailer. If you are noticing something more in the above images, on the rear bumpers (alike the colored plate with more rear lights) they come from this mod: Custom bumpers for Dryvan and Reefer trailer, totally indipendent from what I'm offering with my pack (that works as it is, with no external dependencies, for the mudflaps alone) ...

------

[ external image ]

Another truck from another "truck movie classic"!!!

The tractor is, obviously, Bigdaddyt150's 1974 Kenworth W900A.

Even if the tractor itself cames with a bundled paintjob that recalls the movie one, it was not really screen-accurate (... in the development posts, further in this thread, I shown my comparisons), so I took the liberty to offer my take on the matter (also to have an unique style between the tractor itself and the trailer).

The trailer itself, again, is not new to be done for ATS, but NONE that I found, on Steam or on internet, used to show the movie paint (generally they are made using modern repaint of replicas), so there was a gap that needed to be filled.
Also, it supports the recently released Overfloater's "vintage" reefer unit, so I was able (FINALLY) to add a nice golden painstrip on it too! <-- DOWNLOAD THE NEW REFEER UNIT THERE
And also, it has, UNIQUE from my skin, customized "HOBBS" mudflap, alike in the movie, made by me!
N.B.= the trailer skin, due the dimensions and proportions of the paint, is available only for the lenght of 45ft, 48ft and 53ft.

What do you want more? :lol: :D 8-) :D :lol:
Maybe some images...

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

... and the **DOWNLOADS**:

** Changelog **
13/03/2020: Relase v.1.0
p.s.: all the above image were casually taken hauling BEER thanks to Mindie's Beer Cargo Addon, for full immersion on the character! :lol: 8-) :lol:
[ external image ]
« ♪♫ East bound and down, loaded up and truckin',
We're gonna do what they say can't be done... ♫♪ »

------

[ external image ]

"Movin' On" was the first TV serie that was focused on the trucker life in the USA, in the second part of the '70s, and basically spawned all the interest on the public about similar products in movies and television (... "Duel"... "Convoy"... "Smokey and The Bandit"... "B.J. and The Bear"...)...

... so TOTALLY worth of a proper skin for ATS!!! :D

Again, this skin is for Bigdaddyt150's 1974 Kenworth W900A (the truck tractor featured on the pilot episode was a dark green 1973 Kenworth W-925, but was later changed to a 1974 model for the series run, so the skin is perfectly for that model)

The painjob is a metallic one, with the possibility in game to adjust the shade of the green.
This time I did not made any trailer: for most of the serie, it was combined with a plain white one, so you can add a generic trailer from the game.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

**DOWNLOADS**:

** Changelog **
16/03/2020: Relase v.1.0

Download HERE! Version 1.0
Last edited by CapitanoAraym on 19 Mar 2020 01:07, edited 52 times in total.
My ATS paintshop: LINK
CapitanoAraym

Re: [WIP] Movie truck and trailers: in search for a retro-style refeer for "BJ and The Bear"

#2 Post by CapitanoAraym » 18 Feb 2020 10:53

*** RESERVED FOR FUTURE UPDATES ***
CapitanoAraym

Re: [WIP] Movie truck and trailers: in search for a retro-style refeer for "BJ and The Bear"

#3 Post by CapitanoAraym » 18 Feb 2020 10:53

*** RESERVED FOR FUTURE UPDATES ***
CapitanoAraym

[WIP] Kenworth K100E Optimus/Nemesis Prime

#4 Post by CapitanoAraym » 24 Feb 2020 06:51

** Reserved **
Last edited by CapitanoAraym on 25 Feb 2020 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
CapitanoAraym

[WIP]Movie truck and trailers: "BJ and The Bear"

#5 Post by CapitanoAraym » 25 Feb 2020 03:18

Hello, fellow ATS players and modders.

I'm here just to present a project of mine, still a "Work-In-Progress" as I'm trying to polish it, and search for some kind of help.
Basically, a whole set of paintjobs or truck/trailer assemblies for replicas of Movies/TV series famous trucks.

"BJ and The Bear" replica:

I started with this paintjob for the K100-E, just because I LOVE overfloater's Kenworth K100-E (and I'm planning to add MORE for his mod... but that is for later.... 8-) ).
In his mod, there is already a paintjob that has the right scheme, but without the decals (it was made using the simplified textures, done to half of the model and mirrored to the other side...)
... so for a complete replica, I had to remake it from scratches, and it is turning out quite decently: ;)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Also (for the sake of "... if a job could be done, it should be done on the whole!") I'm not going to do it (alike A LOT of BJ and The Bear themed skins I found around) as a simple, plain, paintjob, but as color-mask one, fully editable in game!!! (... the right BJ and the Bear colors are set as default, but anyone could then modify it as liked :D 8-) )

*** Some example of (possibly horrible :P ???) edits: ***
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The trailer itself is more of a problem (????):
I have the same scheme done for the stock SCS's box trailer (in ALL the variants, from 28f to 53ft, and for dry, insulated and refeer), also done as in game, editable, color-mask paintjob.

Some early development stages:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Then I put the assembly in game.
It is already decent, for a general point of view...

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

... BUT THERE ARE SOME ISSUES, IN MY MEANING TO CREATE A "FULL REPLICA" AND THOSE ARE THE REASON OF THIS POST!!!
  • the grey trailer borders (... they should be red :-P)
  • BUT MORE IMPORTANT: the "modern looking" refeer units are "wrong", as it should be a mid '70s one (... and also, to my knowledge, SCS's stock units are not paintable!!!)
Here comes my request of "help".

I'm in search of:
  1. - a modded refeer trailer, BETTER if in the 45ft lenght, as closer to the TV serie one, with a paintable retro-looking refeer unit, EVEN BETTER if it has ALSO the paintable trailer border -
    or
  2. - a modded, paintable, retro-looking refeer unit that could be added to the SCS's stock refeer trailer body (... if nothing better...) -
I found a couple of mod refeer trailers that eventually could do, searching the whole internet, BUT they are all in the 53ft lenght, and for my project of an accurate as possible replica, they are too long for the right look!
If you are a modder that has the right mod, or as a player do you know any example that could fit my search, drop here a post or write me, on this forum, a PM!!

:D THANKS IN ADVANCE :D
CapitanoAraym

WIP: "Optimus Prime"/"Nemesis Prime"

#6 Post by CapitanoAraym » 25 Feb 2020 14:10

Meanwhile I'm adjusting some details on the "BJ and The Bear" skin (... keeping researching for photos of reference, I came thru some better images of the door logo, that I'm painfully adapting :shock: ), I needed to shake my creative mind with something different...

... so I started a new project, that kept me distracted (in a pleasant way :) )

Again for the overfloater's K100E:

- Optimus Prime G1 serie ispired paintjob - :D
(... yeah... I know... basically every toy and model depict Optimus as a Freightliner, but the only one, modded, that we have in ATS is not really the right model needed :? ... and beside, as a kid, the G1 animated serie's Optimus resembled to me more of a K100 :lol: )

Some WIP images:

[ external image ]
The "classic" style Optimus...

[ external image ]
... or for those that like a more "box-ish look", to mimic the transformable chassis as leg, with double-color skirts.

And as the job to design it is almost done, I tested a second paintjob:

- Nemesis Prime -
(... because Optimus Prime's evil twin could be interesting...)

[ external image ]

... that also double as "Motormaster", the evil leader of the "Stunticon" and body of the conbiner "Menasor":

[ external image ]

Now I'm going to work a couple of trailers for both paintjob, because they will be needed!

Question:
could it be interesting to have also an "Ultra Magnus" white version??? :roll:
(... or for some "old guy" like me, "blue", alike when, even before his appearance in the actual cartoon, was sold directly from his japanese market as "Convoy"...)

See you soon...
... probably (and finally) releasing something to the public.
(Hopefully :roll: )

EDIT - 26/02/2020

... but someone could also say (I hear you, in the distance :P ): "... but Optimus Prime was not a Kenworth!!! It's known that is a Freightliner!!!"

... yeah...

... I know...

... personally, I like more the look of the K100E as Optimus...

... but...

I have you covered too:
using the only old style suitable cab-over available (Harven's Freightliner FLB) I'll give to you too a new Optimus Prime (and Nemesis Prime too):
... and... yeah: I also know that on Steam they were already done, but actually I admit that I wanted to make them in "my style"... 8-)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

... with nice, Cybertronian themed interior:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

... find the difference :P ...

EDIT 2 - 26/02/2020

"To be metallic, or not to be metallic??? :geek: This is the question..."

Basically the cab paintjob is done... I should focus to bring up ideas about the trailers... but...
... something was dull in all of them. Mostly, really, on the FLB (dunno if it's a difference in how Harven made it, differently than Overfloater K100). the paint was too much glossy, it lacked vitality.
So then I thought that maybe I should use the metallic-styled paint: a quick run on photoshop, to slightly modify the original texture, and now I'm here:

[ external image ]

... aside that I have to throw all my color palette for the cab (metalic paintjob made it too darker), with some different (and brighter) choices, it stands really well.
Downside of this path:
... converting the FLB will be simple (it's actually 1 only texture sheet), but converting the K100E will be split my actual psd file in FOUR different versions to have the right alpha channel for the different decals, each one for each cabin size... :shock:
---
Keep experimenting with metallic paint, trying a black/dark purple-ish Nemesis Prime:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

... that I find not bad.
But in the end I'm thinking, alike the "BJ and The Bear" skin, to leave the color customization available, rather than deciding unilaterally an hue and locking it behind its config file.
I started to make all these skins not because nobody already did it (and there are already some, both for BJ truck and for Optimus) but because a lot of them are uneditable, in game.

What if someone want an "Ultra Magnus" styled truck???
[ external image ]
Ultra-Magnus made IN GAME, with tthe color pickers, using the Optimus skin

Or the original Diaclone model, from where the "Transformers" were ispired???
[ external image ]
The original Diaclone mold for Optimus, known as "Convoy" in Japan, was blue (as the above picture, color changes made IN GAME)

Or a "red cabin" Decepticon truck???
[ external image ]

"More choices" is always a good choice!! 8-)
And here you will have infinite possibilities. :D

EDIT 27/02/2020:

... aaaaaaaand the job is done also on the K100E, converting it to the new metallic paintjob. 8-)

Optimus Prime - K100E version...
[ external image ]

... and Motormaster/Nemesis Prime
[ external image ]

As the above, totally customizable in game:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Now it's time to give them the trailers!!!
Last edited by CapitanoAraym on 29 Feb 2020 04:38, edited 2 times in total.
CapitanoAraym

WIP: Transformers trailers

#7 Post by CapitanoAraym » 28 Feb 2020 19:55

What I could say more than...

[ external image ]

The "Transformers" themed trailers are done!
And it took only 2 attempts to make them work in game! :lol:
(... actually I could say "1 and an half", as I just made one typo error on one setting file, but the general .scs file was on point at the first one 8-) )

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

That is just "Optimus" trailer, but I already done the "Nemesis Prime" one, but also a third in as "Motormaster", with a different styled decal.
I'm now just tweaking the main colors, but all three are working on all sizes and all accessories.

As the design, I went stright and only watching the old '80s G1 toys as ispiration (the Takara's Diaclone series that, after the rights get by Hasbro, sprung the entire Transformers franchise).

... I'm only putting on a "teaser trailer" (... :oops: shameful words joke :oops: ) because I'm not done adjusting everything...

Late night edit:

... and tweaking is done:

- Optimus Prime's trailer:
[ external image ]

- Nemesis Prime's trailer:
[ external image ]

** EXTRA ** - Motormaster's trailer:
[ external image ]

All of them fitting every SCS box trailer dimension and accessories and, as always my creations up to now, IN GAME color customizable (... being a metallic paint, only the the main box body: the accessories/decals are not...)

Combined looks with my WIP trucks' skins:

*** Freightliner FLB: ***

- As Optimus:
[ external image ]

- As Nemesis:
[ external image ]

*** Kenworth K100E: ***

- As Optimus:
[ external image ]

- As Nemesis:
[ external image ]

- ... and unique for him, as being the right truck model, as Motormaster:
[ external image ]

The main work is done.
Should I relase it? Maybe, but not for now...
... not because I'm unsure if I want to share them, but because i'm messing with something "special" to add to those trailers, to make them "perfect" as I like.
And I'm not talking about the skin itself, as a texture, but as some "accessories" that will be added to the box trailer.

29/02/2020 - Early morning edit:

:lol: 8-) "I'm an Evil Genius!" 8-) :lol:

[ external image ]

... there was something missing in all the job done on the trailers, so I rummaged a bit on the forum, to search informations, then played a bit with the SCS Extractor and an HEX editor, up to get THIS:

[ external image ]

Stand alone, personalized, mudflaps!!!

They will be in the accessories, available, again, for all the box trailer dimensions, and they DO NOT CONFLICT with any of the stock mudflaps and, probably, neither with other modded one, because they are self-contained and NOT a substitution of known assets. 8-)

Example how they will be displayed here (icon is a place-holder that I rushed just to test it... it will be changed very likely):
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
(... p.s.: do not mind the italian, localized, menu neither... not my fault living here :roll: :lol: )

Now I have to do the Decepticon ones..... ;)
CapitanoAraym

WIP: Preparing to release the Transformers skins... with MORE MUDFLAPS!!!

#8 Post by CapitanoAraym » 04 Mar 2020 11:59

I kept myself busy, once I started to understand how to add accessories (when/if I find the right 3d model), and basically I'm ready to pack everything to a release...

- Freightliner FLB -

- Optimus Prime + Optimus Trailer:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

- Nemesis Prime + Nemesis Trailer:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Luckily, for the FLB, the rear mudflap are baked in the UV map of the truck (so it was pretty easy to make them, in one go, when I did the skin)

NOTE: The trailer mudflaps are done by me, and they will be released in the trailers skin pack. The rear trailer bumper (with the custom lower lights and a paint metal plate) IS NOT DONE BY ME!!! I found it on Steam, so go there if you want to achieve the same look: Custom rear bumpers for Dryvan and Reefer trailer.

- Kenworth 100E -

A bit different the situation about Overfloater's K100E: the UV map for the truck allows to paint just the cab, and by it there was no mean to add some custom mudflap...

... initially...

... BUT once I managed how to add accessories to the trailers, it was conceptually the same add "new" accessories to the truck.
So, now, even the K100E has a couple of extra mudflap (NONE was done replacing anything in the K100E package: I ADDED them to it!):

- Optimus Prime + new K100E's custom Autobots mudflap + Optimus trailer:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

- Motormaster (done with the K100E's "Nemesis Prime" skin) + new K100E's custom Decepticons mudflaps + Motormaster trailer:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

... I didn't made in game a K100 Nemesis for the photoshots, but you could: the skin is the black one I used, in these images, to make Motormaster, and the trailer is the same skin I used for the FLB Nemesis...

NOW it's time to pack everything in good order, check if I forgot something and then release. :D 8-) :D
CapitanoAraym

[WIP] What projects next???

#9 Post by CapitanoAraym » 10 Mar 2020 15:44

... I'm questioning myself what to do next...

... I found a possible good addition for my BJ replica: Colored Turbo Kings...

But in my eternal quest for "perfection", it bothered me no more than the stock refeer unit: In stock, I have a colored wall under a white refeer unit.
With Nitrodax's mod, I have a colored refeer unit, but a plain chrome/white-ish wall.

I played a bit and got this:
[ external image ]
... red refeer on a red wall...

But that is just a private idea, dunno if it is worth of a release.

Meanwhile...

[ external image ]

... I know... I know...
... there are already some Snowman (from "Smokey and The Bandit") trailers replicas...
... but again: I'm a perfectionist: NONE I found around were actually sporting the "movie" trailer paint (or even they were working)!!!

All I saw was the modern repaint images, but as "perfectionist" that I consider myself, I went hunting an actual, usable, depiction of the ORIGINAL PAINT!!!

... it will be for 53 to 45ft box trailer for sure.
I do not see the point for the smaller ones...
B.J. McKay

Re: Movie, tv series and cartoon's trucks and trailers! Releases - last one 04/03/2020: "Transformers"

#10 Post by B.J. McKay » 10 Mar 2020 16:34

Great minds think alike. I've only recently gotten in to (and now severely addicted) to ATS. From day one I've been using a different B.J. and the Bear skin but yours looks amazing so tonight when I'm home from work it's getting installed over my current paint. Did you ever release the updated trailer with the red wall?

Mike

Return to “Skins”