Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
st0s4ng

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

#71 Post by st0s4ng » 02 Sep 2021 09:50

Thanks for the quick update Carsmaniac, enjoy your coffee ☕👍⭐
JerryLudlow

#72 Post by JerryLudlow » 25 Nov 2021 01:29

Hi there I got this link from a helpful creator that did a video for truck skinning and I'm having an issue when making it for the ATS trailers as when I made it and want to export it into a SCS file it wont allow me to put the file in mods studio 2 for it to be exported as it's a .pnd format and when I change it to .png it always keeps saying export failed even though I did everything right how I know to make it but for some reason it doesn't work when I try doing it for ATS trailer design I would like to hear how you do it as I'm struggling to share my ATS trailer design's with my VTC which would like to have my design's for the Convoy multiplayer mode I'll look forward to hearing from you

many Thanks
Jerry Ludlow
Happy Trucking
Carsmaniac

#73 Post by Carsmaniac » 26 Nov 2021 07:27

@JerryLudlow That sounds like a problem with your image editor (GIMP/Paint.net/Photoshop etc), double check that you're exporting as a png.

I personally don't use Mods Studio, but instead use a program I wrote myself called Paintjob Packer. If you can export your images as .dds instead, it might be of interest. I made a detailed tutorial video as well.
Carsmaniac

#74 Post by Carsmaniac » 04 Dec 2021 08:18

Hey everyone, apologies for the delay in the templates for the new 1.43 beta trailers, life got in the way :)

They're now included in the template pack, or you can download just the SCS Dumper templates here if you don't have them already. Support for them in Paintjob Packer is coming soon™, though it might take a while as I've got a big cross-platform update cooking.

Enjoy! :)
Gamma

#75 Post by Gamma » 05 Dec 2021 08:48

thanks for the update! really good job with the templates!!
Carsmaniac

#76 Post by Carsmaniac » 08 Dec 2021 11:10

With the new 2020 Freightliner Cascadia parts in the latest 1.43 beta, the Cascadia template only needs a minor update - a new corner deflector accessory. It's not a big deal, you'd most likely only want to change the deflectors' colours not put a logo on them, but if you want you can download the updated Freighliner Cascadia templates here. Since the update is so minor, and this part is so inconsequential, I haven't updated the full pack yet, since it takes so long to upload with my Aussie internet ;)
Alarthon

#77 Post by Alarthon » 08 Dec 2021 16:34

Just a heads up, there is also front bumpers for 2020. One template, but changes the def file too.
Diamante473

#78 Post by Diamante473 » 09 Dec 2021 19:38

Thanks for update, the 1.43 changes broke my Cascadia skins (only using 2020 parts).
Miketaylor89

#79 Post by Miketaylor89 » 15 Dec 2021 19:12

help!! im painting the freightliner cascadia rr and im having issues with my paint markings showing up else where on the truck any ideas? its at the bottom of the truck
Attachments
blacksmyth6 paint.jpg
DAFmanXFE6

#80 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 16 Dec 2021 07:47

You’re trying to use 1 template for the truck, but it’s an advanced skinned truck so you need to put in the accessories into you paint job. For ease I’d use Carsmaniacs paint job packer (link in his sig) for the file structure
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!

Return to “Skins”