Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DAFmanXFE6

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

#61 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 05 Apr 2021 17:09

Think it means you need to create this as an advanced paintjob - so you have separate templates for the skirts and visors. Try using Carsmaniac's paintjb packer - you can export with the templates as the .dds' so you can work out what ones you're missing (link to the packer viewtopic.php?f=33&t=282956)
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
Alarthon

#62 Post by Alarthon » 05 Apr 2021 23:28

@nhassler The def file is pointing to the wrong image. So the sideskirts and sunshield you need to point to a different image.
nhassler

#63 Post by nhassler » 06 Apr 2021 15:15

@Alarthon Can you break that down a little more. I understand how to make the layout and make the mods but I'm still pretty new to this so that didn't make much sense to me. thanks.
Alarthon

#64 Post by Alarthon » 06 Apr 2021 22:48

@nhassler Sure. So if you go into the def file ( def\vehicle\truck\freightliner.cascadia2019\paint_job\accessory ) and open up the .sui for your mod, you will have a bunch of overrides. Find the ones that are pointing to acc_list sideskirts and sunshields. Have those paint_job_masks point to a different image. If you are not putting any pictures or text on the sideskirts/sunshield just create a 4x4 pixel sized image with the background color of your paintjob. Put that 4x4 picture in the folder with your regular paintjob. Make sure to have the .tobj with the 4x4 image and edit it to that 4x4 picture.

This is just extra info, but the reason your paintjob came out like that is the sideskirts and sunshield ( also front bumper) have their own UV maps (so different templates). So using the truck template does not work for those other parts.
CaptCarrot1976

#65 Post by CaptCarrot1976 » 28 Apr 2021 12:47

Does anyone know where i can get blank templates for creating mudflap skins?
Carsmaniac

#66 Post by Carsmaniac » 03 Jul 2021 11:03

Hi everyone, after about three weeks of work I have a big update to the modded vehicle template pack! It now supports 11 more vehicles:
  • selonik's 53 ft Container Ownable
  • ChrisHusky's Custom 53 ft Trailer
  • DNA Transport's Ownable SCS Chemical Tanker
  • Lucasi's Freightliner FLD
  • NiZmO's Custom SCS Kenworth W900 (one small addition to the regular W900 templates)
  • bigdaddyt150's Kenworth W900A
  • GTM's Kenworth W900B
  • bigdaddyt150's Peterbilt 379X
  • Geoff G.'s Peterbilt 352
  • Viper2's Peterbilt 389 Modified
  • Smarty's Trailmobile SuperVan 90
In addition 19 other vehicles had their templates updated/fixed. I've also added support for all of them to Paintjob Packer, so you can jump right into making paintjobs for them.

I also set up a Buy Me a Coffee page, in case you'd like to support the template pack/Paintjob Packer/my mods with a tip. There's a link at the bottom of the main post.

Enjoy! :)
-=*)) Slayer72 ((*=-

#67 Post by -=*)) Slayer72 ((*=- » 01 Sep 2021 19:05

SCS just released the International LT truck for ATS today, look forward to seeing the templates for it in this pack :)
Carsmaniac

#68 Post by Carsmaniac » 02 Sep 2021 00:23

Templates for the International LT are now up! :)

Paintjob Packer will also be updated soon with the LT, plus a few more truck mods.
Bin_Cube25

#69 Post by Bin_Cube25 » 02 Sep 2021 01:29

Question for you, I would like to add the LT to my company skin do I need to add another mod seperate just for the LT or can I add it somehow to my current skin mod (I have trailer skins, a skin for my Cascadia and anthem)? Thanks
jarryed

#70 Post by jarryed » 02 Sep 2021 02:30

Thanks for the templates but I actually found them already included by SCS. 1gb is a lot to re-download just for 1 truck.

Location: dlc_international_lt\vehicle\truck\upgrade\paintjob\intnational_lt\lt_temp
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."

Return to “Skins”