Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Carsmaniac

Re: Complete pack of truck & trailer templates

#41 Post by Carsmaniac » 04 Dec 2020 23:19

Thanks for your patience everyone, I've been busy with work the past few days. I've just finished uploading v2.2 of the template pack, with support for the Cascadia :)

I'll be adding it to Paintjob Packer as well in the next update, stay tuned!
pete379jp

#42 Post by pete379jp » 05 Dec 2020 00:41

Thanks for sharing and maintaining the updates!
It's very useful and helpful. :D
My Website
Steam Workshop
World of Trucks profile
I'm using poor English or machine translation.
I'm one of the volunteer Japanese translators.
Zakxaev68

#43 Post by Zakxaev68 » 05 Dec 2020 01:02

Alarthon wrote: 04 Dec 2020 20:15 @Zakxaev68 He is talking about OP's paintjob packer. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=282956
My bad, then, never used this "Paintjob Packer", first time I hear. :D
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
Thndrhwk

#44 Post by Thndrhwk » 05 Dec 2020 04:48

Thanks for sharing with the new Cascadia.. question using ModStudio 2 they don't have the truck in there yet. what do I need to do to added it, variations etc?
DAFmanXFE6

#45 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 05 Dec 2020 08:37

@Thndrhwk if you check the mod studio discord they’ve put the Cascadia xml file up there, all you do is drop it in with the others and it’ll appear in the lists.

Thanks Carsmaniac for doing this so quickly, your efforts are massively appreciated!
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
jorensanbar

#46 Post by jorensanbar » 05 Dec 2020 16:34

Carsmaniac wrote: 04 Dec 2020 23:19 Thanks for your patience everyone, I've been busy with work the past few days. I've just finished uploading v2.2 of the template pack, with support for the Cascadia :)

I'll be adding it to Paintjob Packer as well in the next update, stay tuned!
Amazing work, although there were already many templates, I prefer to wait for yours, the work is of very good quality.

Thank you!
Carsmaniac

#47 Post by Carsmaniac » 06 Dec 2020 07:49

I realised I forgot to include an accessory template for the Cascadia, but since the pack takes so long to upload I'll just include it in the next version. In the meantime, you can grab it here. It's the "Aero" Cabin Deflector for Cabin C (48" Sleeper).
st0s4ng

#48 Post by st0s4ng » 07 Dec 2020 00:31

Many thanks CM, we can start making pixel-perfect skins for the Cascadia now :D 👍

[ external image ]
magicko84

#49 Post by magicko84 » 05 Feb 2021 11:51

Hello. I have a small problem, I managed, through the BEM program, to create the templates of the new cabins of the Western Star 49x. Now the problem is this. How can I integrate it with the pack created with Paintjob Packer that I have already created and modified? I miss the Tobj files, but I absolutely don't know how to create them, is there a program that creates them automatically, without going crazy writing everything by hand?
Otherwise, I wait for the Paintjob Packer update and I create the updated skin pack with the WS49X cabins
Thanks so much.
My WoT Profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/112204

My PC: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x8 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 3070 TI 8GB X TRIO, Corsair RM850x Watt 80 Plus Gold, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Carsmaniac

#50 Post by Carsmaniac » 10 Feb 2021 01:02

Hey all, sorry for not updating the pack for 1.40 yet, I'm super busy IRL with work and uni. I will get around to adding the new 49X cabins and presumably new sideskirts (for all of the many new chassis options) when I have a spare afternoon.

@magicko84 There used to be a small program floating around called tobjedit, but I can't seem to find it any more. I think Mods Studio also has a tobj generator built into it. Alternatively, you could edit one of the ones generated by Paintjob Packer by opening it in a hex editor. You'll just need to change the .dds path stored inside it, and update one byte that stores the length of the path:

If you open up a TOBJ in a hex editor (I use a program called HxD) you can see that there's a bunch of nonsense (red box) followed by a .dds path (green box):

[ external image ]

You can update the .dds path on the right, and the corresponding hex... stuff will automatically change on the left. HxD highlights unsaved changes in red, so you can see the part I've changed here:

[ external image ]

Also also need to tell the game how long the .dds path is by updating one byte. Take the length of the filepath (starting from /vehicle) and convert it to hex. In this example the path is 102 characters long, which is "66" in hex. HxD actually does this automatically when you highlight something, as you can see down the bottom:

[ external image ]

Then you just pop length (in hex) in this spot:

[ external image ]

It might look a bit complicated, but once you get used to it editing TOBJs is pretty easy. The only other things you'd need to do are to rename your new .tobj file (in this example to "Cabin E (Some New Name Goes Here).tobj"), and edit your .sii files to point to it.

Return to “Skins”