Metallic Flake on Trailers?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
l2rebel

Metallic Flake on Trailers?

#1 Post by l2rebel » 20 Oct 2020 18:25

Hello all, I am curious if there is a way to do a Metallic Flake on trailers, I know it can be done on the truck, but am curious on the trailer. I am trying to make a matching truck and trailer set for a freind of mine, and if I can get the paint jobs to match it would be awesome.

Not sure what files to change or even if it can be done at all.

Alarthon

Re: Metallic Flake on Trailers?

#2 Post by Alarthon » 22 Oct 2020 01:16

From looking at the settings and seeing it ingame, the settings are similar but the results are far from the same. From the metallic settings on the box trailers the .sii settings are as follows.

Code: Select all

name: "@@custom_metallic@@"
	price: 10000
	unlock: 5
	icon: "color_custom_metallic_icon"
	base_color: (0.4, 0.4, 0.4)
	stock: false

flipflake: true

flip_color: (0.15, 0.15, 0.15)
	flake_color: (1, 1, 1)

flip_strength: 1.3
	flake_uvscale: 48.0
	flake_density: 0.6
	flake_shininess: 20.0
	flake_clearcoat_rolloff: 4.5
	flake_noise: "/material/custom/flake_noise.tobj"

base_color_locked: false
	flip_color_locked: false
	flake_color_locked: false

In game though the trailer does not show any flake, it just has color changing when you view the trailer at a different angle.

l2rebel

#3 Post by l2rebel » 22 Oct 2020 04:43

Alarthon wrote:
22 Oct 2020 01:16
From looking at the settings and seeing it ingame, the settings are similar but the results are far from the same. From the metallic settings on the box trailers the .sii settings are as follows.

Code: Select all

name: "@@custom_metallic@@"
	price: 10000
	unlock: 5
	icon: "color_custom_metallic_icon"
	base_color: (0.4, 0.4, 0.4)
	stock: false

flipflake: true

flip_color: (0.15, 0.15, 0.15)
	flake_color: (1, 1, 1)

flip_strength: 1.3
	flake_uvscale: 48.0
	flake_density: 0.6
	flake_shininess: 20.0
	flake_clearcoat_rolloff: 4.5
	flake_noise: "/material/custom/flake_noise.tobj"

base_color_locked: false
	flip_color_locked: false
	flake_color_locked: false

In game though the trailer does not show any flake, it just has color changing when you view the trailer at a different angle.

Thanks alot! even if it just has the color change it would be awesome!

egulley316

#4 Post by egulley316 » 29 Oct 2020 13:06

Actually, the paint is called AmerFlint and has been around for a LONG, LONG time. My father sold it in his store.

Alarthon

#5 Post by Alarthon » 29 Oct 2020 14:57

@egulley316 What? That might be a brand of paint, but metallic flake is a category type of paint.

Underscore_101_

#6 Post by Underscore_101_ » 29 Oct 2020 15:20

You could try playing with the flake density and/or the flake file to see if it makes a difference,...

You don't have to mod the original file, but you can make a new file (I've put one in the material/ui/accessory folder for my metallic paints that I want without flakes)

As Alarthon said with usual settings you wouldn't see the flake on the trailer, but I believe you can see them on the parts, like side skirts and/or pallet boxes.

Maybe a reason for not seeing them on the trailer is because it's a large flat pane, idk but i've always assumed that..

Return to “Skins”