Help Skinning Jess Mods Freightliner

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
DieselJC

Help Skinning Jess Mods Freightliner

#1 Post by DieselJC » 05 Apr 2021 23:51

Anyone had any luck using MS2 to skin the Jess Mods Classic XL?
I Am having issues adding it to MS2 I can skin it I get no errors but it doesn't show up in the paint list when I go in game to apply it.
I had a couple guys on Discord with me and we ran through it numerous times trying everything and still haven't figured it out.
I bought the truck and Jess gave me the Definition file which was no help so I am wondering if anyone has had luck with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

JC
Ludo Diabolo

Re: Help Skinning Jess Mods Freightliner

#2 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 06 Apr 2021 00:07

Hello ,

If I'm not mistaken you have to include the Definition file in your folder and activate it to see the skin appear !

Or to make the skin on the already existing skins, if there is some! .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
DieselJC

#3 Post by DieselJC » 07 Apr 2021 08:14

I have the DEF file so I'll try that..all the skins that it came with show up fine. I'd just wanted to add it to Mod Studio 2 to skin it so I wanted the xml
Thanks for the reply.

JC
SuperLinerN14

#4 Post by SuperLinerN14 » 17 Jun 2021 12:10

DieselJC did you ever get this figured out? I'm dealing with the same issue where I found the XML file on the Discord and everything seemed to work correctly in MS2 but when I activate my new Skin in the game I can't find it anywhere when building the truck. Also on a separate note I've been trying to get into the Def folder to add more engines since it doesn't have a lot of options but I can't figure out how to open it.....7Zip keeps giving me an error message
Snydo60

#5 Post by Snydo60 » 28 Jun 2021 19:19

Does anyone have Jess Mods Template for his Freightliner XL Classic? If so where do I get a hold of it at?
MahoganyRush

#6 Post by MahoganyRush » 28 Jun 2021 21:23

I made one in Photoshop. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.
ARez

#7 Post by ARez » 20 Jul 2021 17:10

SuperLinerN14 wrote: 17 Jun 2021 12:10 DieselJC did you ever get this figured out? I'm dealing with the same issue where I found the XML file on the Discord and everything seemed to work correctly in MS2 but when I activate my new Skin in the game I can't find it anywhere when building the truck. Also on a separate note I've been trying to get into the Def folder to add more engines since it doesn't have a lot of options but I can't figure out how to open it.....7Zip keeps giving me an error message
Did you add the truck into MS2? In MS2 you have to click on the SCS Tool tab that will bring up the truck data base. Select load from extracted.....
dbl007slik

#8 Post by dbl007slik » 14 Feb 2022 16:41

can someone share Jess Mods Def folder please, I'm trying to change engine sound and he is taking forever to respond to facebook?

Return to “Help requests”