Can devel console be used to load a mod?

RootlessAgrarian

Can devel console be used to load a mod?

#1 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 29 Nov 2015 06:33

I am still trying to figure out why mods don't seem to load on the OSX version of ETS1 1.4 ...

I can unpack the scs (zip) files and the contents look harmless enough. But I can't get the game to "see" any new mods even if I put scs files in the "mod" folder in the correct path.

I'm taking it on faith that the name of this folder is "mod" (not "mods" or "Mod" etc), based on a lot of googling... please correct me if I'm mistaken!

In looking at the game log I don't see any indication that it ever even tried to load mods from that folder. There's no mention of loading user mods anywhere in the startup log. Not even an error on "bad file format" or some such. It's like the OSX version doesn't even know that mods are possible.

I've enabled console (somewhat familiar from Portal) and was wondering whether there is a devel command that forces the load of a mod file. Seems worth an ask. I have to admit I got tired of shuttling back and forth from Berne to Rome trying to earn enough money to open up another border; so I started editing the .sii files and now have myself a cushy bank balance and a lot more of Europe available to drive around in :-) but am still hoping to add a couple of different trucks, a couple of cars for pleasure driving, and maybe even the Grand Expanded Map of Europe (plus bits of the Americas and Iceland/Greenland, former USSR, Turkey and N Africa) called MegaMixMap.

It's frustrating to have all the files in hand -- and they look correct -- and yet not be able to load them. The OSX version of Portal doesn't have this problem -- loads user-created chambers just fine. So I'm surprised by ETS1's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the mod files.

Any suggestions?
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
Dr doom

Re: Can devel console be used to load a mod?

#2 Post by Dr doom » 24 Apr 2016 13:55

ETS on the Mackintosh does not support mods. You cannot use mods in ETS.

PS: it is called the dev (short for developer) console, not devel. ;)
Axel Slingerland

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 Apr 2016 20:40

The devel made him do it. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
RootlessAgrarian

#4 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 25 Apr 2016 03:13

Ah but I still have lots of sympathy for the devels!
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 25 Apr 2016 09:54

Me too. As long as my Ax will stay in tune...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator”