Any good ATS skybox and weather mods for higher resolutions?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
koolizz

Any good ATS skybox and weather mods for higher resolutions?

#1 Post by koolizz » 03 Nov 2019 16:17

Naturalux seems to be only for ETS2 and then there is JBX Weather but that seems to be a private paid mod. Piva Weather has mostly clear skies.

I have tried Realistic Graphics by Frkn64, but it just doesnt look very good at higher resolutions, the sky is pixelated at transitions, and the night sky is really low quality. I am kind of amazed SCS didnt bother to focus more on making the sky look good in a game where you end up looking at the sky so much.

So does anyone know are there any skybox mods that look great at higher resolutions like 1440p and 4K for ATS?
Last edited by supersobes on 11 Nov 2019 15:37, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved topic from "American Truck Simulator > Mods > Others" to "American Truck Simulator > Mods > Help requests"

Mohammad

Re: Any good ATS skybox and weather mods for higher resolutions?

#2 Post by Mohammad » 03 Nov 2019 16:24

NaturaLux will be available for ATS, just not soon.
Current Project: Scania 2 Series
Do Not Disturb

walmartdude00

#3 Post by walmartdude00 » 03 Nov 2019 16:32

koolizz wrote:
03 Nov 2019 16:17
Naturalux seems to be only for ETS2 and then there is JBX Weather but that seems to be a private paid mod. Piva Weather has mostly clear skies.

I have tried Realistic Graphics by Frkn64, but it just doesnt look very good at higher resolutions, the sky is pixelated at transitions, and the night sky is really low quality. I am kind of amazed SCS didnt bother to focus more on making the sky look good in a game where you end up looking at the sky so much.

So does anyone know are there any skybox mods that look great at higher resolutions like 1440p and 4K for ATS? Seems like Naturalux is the only option for high quality skyboxes but that is only available for ETS2....
I must say JBX by far the best one I have used so far! His work is great!!! I highly recommend it to everyone!!

koolizz

#4 Post by koolizz » 03 Nov 2019 16:36

Wish I could try it, but someone on reddit said apparently you have to buy it on facebook from the guy or something? Seems kinda sketchy

Einjzmolf

#5 Post by Einjzmolf » 03 Nov 2019 22:42

Here's the truck:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1785856501

I use "US Alcoa Wheels Pack v 1.2" by Rocksteady. (v 1.3 uses the ETS2 DLC Michelins, so I use the older version on purpose for those tires.) I'm also using the hubs from Smarty's Wheel Pack found here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =651067966

kevin272club

#6 Post by kevin272club » 09 Nov 2019 13:49

The Project Next Gen 1.8 is better IMO, cause both games share the same mod files on it. Here's a preview of Project Next Gen 1.8 on ATS:

Einjzmolf

#7 Post by Einjzmolf » 09 Nov 2019 14:08

JBX Weather is compatible with both games aswell, so your reasoning for it being "better" is null and void. Nothing wrong with having preferences.

HellKat

#8 Post by HellKat » 09 Nov 2019 15:33

your reasoning is null and void too, since youre comparing payware crap with FREE content. also, you might want to stop advertising payware mods.

kevin272club

#9 Post by kevin272club » 09 Nov 2019 19:57

@Einjzmolf If u notice well, I don't say that Project Next Gen is better or worse than any other graphics mod, just better IN MY OPINION, cause in my game it looks very beautiful with and without my Reshade settings. Good thing JBX Weather is compatible with both games, so it has more options for people.

Roadkill

#10 Post by Roadkill » 10 Nov 2019 01:23

Why do devs make it so difficult to purchase their mods? I don't have and don't want a facebook account. Tried following other links and just dead ended with a "contact me on facebook" message.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.

Return to “Help requests”