Voice navigation 1.37 FMOD conversion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
cxxiv

Re: Voice navigation 1.37 FMOD conversion

#31 Post by cxxiv » 11 Nov 2020 13:52

I encountered the error "No definition of 'studio'"

Koen

#32 Post by Koen » 11 Nov 2020 20:15

@cxxiv I have created it with FMOD version 2.00.07; I'm not sure whether it still works with 2.1 (I don't believe so)

cxxiv

#33 Post by cxxiv » 26 Nov 2020 14:14

@Koen I have some nice navigation sounds from a time when the navigation sound creation system was very simple and a lot of people created their own. I also read the instructions for fMOD describing how easy it is to create these sounds yourself, but probably, like the creators of these modifications, I can't cope with this program.

Koen

#34 Post by Koen » 27 Nov 2020 00:37

@cxxiv I have no idea how FMOD works really, I just looked into the scripting abilities of FMOD, because I had to convert many voices at the same time, and I was sure I was not going to do it by hand.

That said, this method is not ideal if you have no programming or scripting knowledge, as it is not really meant to be easy to work with, but just to get the job done (for me).

Return to “Modding Guides”