[Tutorial] Using ETS2 Studio to make ATS Truck Skins

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
CobraBlue6

Re: [Tutorial] Using ETS2 Studio to make ATS Truck Skins

#21 Post by CobraBlue6 » 19 Feb 2016 12:04

Skins for the Peterbilt 579 and Kenworth T680 require

alternate_uvset: true

FatLizard

#22 Post by FatLizard » 19 Feb 2016 21:31

I followed the instructions of MildredRatchedRN (with the latest update alternate_uvset: false) and I managed to make correct skins....
Thank You so much Mildred !!!

One question ... for the metal ... I managed to get the base colors modifiable at will but I had no luck with the 3 colors Red Green and Blue
if I use a Mask setting instead of an Airbrush one (ETS Studio).
Any idea ?

Thanks in advance. ;)

This is an example : http://i.imgur.com/XryDUGN.jpg
Base color changes :http://i.imgur.com/JWWpRd3.jpg
Finally I gave up and used a gradient on the stripes : http://i.imgur.com/P2Dh8Rw.jpg :|
Last edited by SimulatorSam on 20 Feb 2016 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not quote message above yours. [2.4] Removed attachments. Attachments are only for vanilla bug reporting and technical issues, NOT for personal use.

interstateking

#23 Post by interstateking » 21 Feb 2016 02:03

I followed everything yet I get this crash that whenever I go into game and I go to the dealer and I choose the paint then it crashes the game like I click the paint icon on the top right and it just won't work, it continues to crash every time. I'll attach the .ZIP file, I am trying to make a J&B Hunt skin for the 579.
Last edited by ohaha on 21 Feb 2016 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments removed. Use an external service to host your files.

rahyarpaul

#24 Post by rahyarpaul » 22 Feb 2016 13:24

i donot know where is the mudflap template
anyone knows how can i change the mudflaps and create it

Lexx

#25 Post by Lexx » 27 Feb 2016 01:57

I have a question. I managed to place a logo on the hood but when I place the same logo (only smaller) on each door of the truck, it doesn't appear. Why is that? The hood logo appears and is right where I want it to be. Only the side logo is nowhere to be seen.
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64

Cadde

#26 Post by Cadde » 28 Feb 2016 06:27

ETS 2 Studio has a well hidden feature. The truck database.
There you can add custom trucks to the pipeline, hence you wouldn't need to manually edit the mod archives after you have selected a random truck. You can select THE truck you want to make.

Simply click the gear in the top left of the application, select options and go to the truck database under the Game Assets category. The rest should be fairly self explanatory.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next release of E2S comes with the trucks from ATS in the database already.
On extended hiatus.

Rig Runner
Beta tester

#27 Post by Rig Runner » 02 Mar 2016 14:50

As he said above, I have explained this in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByguOiSq0DU

MiPaul

#28 Post by MiPaul » 03 Mar 2016 15:54

Can I make my Custom skin and logo appear on any color of my truck that appears in-game, I really want it to appear on a CUSTOM METALLIC COLOR

Cadde

#29 Post by Cadde » 03 Mar 2016 17:32

Not in any easily achieved way no. To put logos on metallic skins you may have to, but not limited to nor exclusively:
  • Rewrite the shader.
  • Abuse the colormap of the truck to put your logo in.
  • Alter the truck model (put a separate mesh where your logo goes)
There might be other ways, all of which are not supported by metallic skins in game by default.
On extended hiatus.

SabR

#30 Post by SabR » 04 Mar 2016 06:55

MiPaul wrote:Can I make my Custom skin and logo appear on any color of my truck that appears in-game, I really want it to appear on a CUSTOM METALLIC COLOR
Not sure if I understood you right, but here's what I made out of your post. You want a few shapes & your logo to have your chosen metallic colors & the base truck color to be non-metallic? If that is correct, then you can do it by saving part of your shapes & logo in transparent png. But be advised, you can have only one metallic shade/color for all the shapes & logo and not individual colors for each of them.

Return to “Modding Guides”