[Tutorial] Using ETS2 Studio to make ATS Truck Skins

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Dogface

Re: [Tutorial] Using ETS2 Studio to make ATS Truck Skins

#31 Post by Dogface » 08 Mar 2016 19:17

Rig Runner wrote:As he said above, I have explained this in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByguOiSq0DU
Thank you. This tutorial got me through it. Doing it this way, saved me about five steps from how I was doing it for ETS2 skins. And...

WOW! ETS2 STUDIO saves me about a million steps over trying to do it without ETS2 Studio. Thank you *snip* :D
Last edited by Cadde on 08 Mar 2016 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't advertise products needlessly. E2S already has a thread on these forums which users will use to get E2S.

Mrgene

#32 Post by Mrgene » 11 Mar 2016 18:15

I have the latest ETS2 Studio 0-7-0-1 I cannot change my Alternate UV set. there is no box after set skin as stock for alternate UV. thank for any help

Dogface

#33 Post by Dogface » 23 Mar 2016 16:52

Cadde wrote:ETS 2 Studio has a well hidden feature. The truck database.
There you can add custom trucks to the pipeline, hence you wouldn't need to manually edit the mod archives after you have selected a random truck. You can select THE truck you want to make.

Simply click the gear in the top left of the application, select options and go to the truck database under the Game Assets category. The rest should be fairly self explanatory.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next release of E2S comes with the trucks from ATS in the database already.
I have been able to add the ATS stock trucks to the E2S Database using Rig Runners Tutorial. I am trying to add the ATS stock trailers, but it seems to be a bit more complicated. I have extracted "base", but I am not sure which folders need to be zipped and what some of the Trailer Template Editor entries mean. Also, how does one handle "box_long", which seems to use the "box" dds.

Files location <---------------- ???
Author
Trailer name
settings
Skin file <--------------------- ???
Search & replace string <--- ???
Default trailer mass (in kg)
PMD files <------------------- ???

Cadde

#34 Post by Cadde » 23 Mar 2016 17:16

I am sorry but on that one i am currently out of my depth. Either our in-house trailer modeler or WC will have to answer that one.
Letting WC know about your post.
On extended hiatus.

Cool Hip Dude

#35 Post by Cool Hip Dude » 25 Mar 2016 17:01

Last edited by ohaha on 25 Mar 2016 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed foul language.

miloguy

#36 Post by miloguy » 17 Apr 2016 14:09

I wish there was a way to just use the ingame custom paint job and put my logo and text etc where I'd like ie on the doors,sides roof.. must be a way to do this?
Life is a highway and I wanna drive it all night long!

MrSoundwave1970

#37 Post by MrSoundwave1970 » 24 Apr 2016 14:40

How can i set it so that i can change the color of my truck in game without it changing the color of my skin,cause when i set the base color to say black i cannot change that color anymore.

RootlessAgrarian

#38 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 24 Apr 2016 19:06

miloguy wrote:I wish there was a way to just use the ingame custom paint job and put my logo and text etc where I'd like ie on the doors,sides roof.. must be a way to do this?
Amen to that! I am quite content with my metallic paint job, but I would like to display my logo on the doors. I dunno why ETS2 lets us choose a company logo if there is no way to use it in-game... gonna add this to the features wishlist megathread. I'm not so interested in skinning that I want to learn all this stuff, hand-craft my own complete paint job etc -- just wanted to put my company logo on my trucks, by default.
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)

mpegforever

#39 Post by mpegforever » 15 May 2016 13:23

Hi, compliments for the guide, really great !

I did a quick test with a simple image used as texture, created zip and pasted it in mod folder. Launched ATS, activated, placed at the bottom of the list with lower priority and started game. Went to a repair/tuning station, saw all others and mine too (default icon..is a quick test hey!)...as soon as I selected it I just saw for a second a black little square in the top of the screen (my skin base was left black) and then game crashed.

Below other mods I have.
http://pastebin.com/m1Xx375J

Ideas ?
But it's a great tool ! Thanks again !
ciao
Alex

Dogface

#40 Post by Dogface » 15 May 2016 16:43

What is pastebin? I dont see a complete file on that page.

Return to “Modding Guides”