Technical data Resources (Engines and gearboxes)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
rookie_one

Re: Technical data Resources (Engines and gearboxes)

#21 Post by rookie_one » 15 Dec 2017 02:04

Nice try, but not what I'm looking for

The D13TC literature is not available anywhere (D13 with turbo-coumpound), while the Mack equivalent, the MP8-TC you have the torque curve at least (why I'm not using making an equivalent there? While Volvo and Mack use the same engines, their tuning are different)

For the MP10, I'm looking for the EPA2017 and EPA2013 curves, that website have the EPA07 curves :-(
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
rookie_one

#23 Post by rookie_one » 20 Dec 2017 14:11

New addition, mostly for older trucks if someone mod them in, but I added the PDFs for the old ZF-Meritor Transmission for the north american market (9-speed, 10-speed and 13-speed)

we can consider, for now, ZF-Meritor to be complete on the gearbox stage

I also added the Meritor axles. The folder for that one is continent-indenpendent
Ilmiont

#24 Post by Ilmiont » 20 Dec 2017 16:36

Looks to be a great reserve of information, this that you've collected. Just looked through a bit so far.

One thing I'd like to see, and it may be in there already, since I've havent' looked hard, is information on the combinations of engine/gearbox available for different trucks. Particularly as engine options available with manual gearboxes.

For a long time I used to drive FH16 750hp in ETS2 with an H-Shifter before discovering Volvo don't offer proper manuals on their most powerful trucks, same for Scania. I'm trying to research for myself, but some resource that says "this engine is available with manual / only available with X auto" for all the brands is what I'm looking for, since ETS2 still lets you use h-shifting with any engine/transmission.

Once I've got some time I'm going to dig deep into these files; hopefully i'll find what I'm looking for!
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
Snoman

#25 Post by Snoman » 22 Dec 2017 05:29

@Ilmiont Here is what I have found

DAF 12 and 16 speed manuals available for all engines.
Iveco 16 speed manuals available for all engines
MAN 16 speed manuals available for all engines up to 540HP
Actros No manuals offered on tractors. Rigids and some special duty 4x4 and 6x6 only
Renault 14 and 16 speed manuals for all engines
Scania manual option on all engines up to 620hp or 3000Nm this includes GRS895,905 and GRSO905
GRSO925 opticruise only
Volvo 14 speed manuals for all engines up to 600hp or 2800Nm
Ilmiont

#26 Post by Ilmiont » 22 Dec 2017 09:18

@Snoman many thanks, very helpful! This info certainly puts me on the right track. Once I get some free time I'm going to do set aside an afternoon to research a lot more about drivetrains, and perhaps build some resources that aggregate this kind of info across the different manufacturers.

Possibly some kind of "ETS2 Players Guide to Truck Drivetrains" setting out which in-game configurations are actually possible in real-life.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
rookie_one

#27 Post by rookie_one » 02 Jan 2018 22:22

@Ilmiont I actually do have something for Volvo, they have the complete specs for the FH and FM under Volvo folder (including what going with what).

You can also guess on it with the model number
example : ATO2612F

A for Automatic
T For transmission
O for Overdrive
26 for 2600 N*m maximum input torque
12 for 12 foward gears
F for Generation F

ZF transmissions use a similar logic, although different (you can see it in the product guide in the archive)

Only codes that I don't understand, at least concerning torque ratings, are Mercedes and Scania

Small update : I also added the info for the Volvo FM, including PDF for the VT2009B gearbox, the D11 Engine and the FM spec sheet

I also added the Spec sheets for the VT gearboxes of Volvo, it seems that I forgot to add them in my archive
Snoman

#28 Post by Snoman » 04 Jan 2018 01:16

Scania just seem to use a product number and a torque rating is not implied anywhere in that number.

For Mercedes
Example
G211-12K
G280-16K
G230-16S

G unsure
21 torque ratingx100, so 2100Nm or 2800Nm in the examples above
1 direct drive gearbox, 0 overdrive
12,16 number of gears
K,S not always used, but believe K is for automated and S is for manual gearbox

That being said, sometimes they pair a gearbox with a higher torque engine than you would think it could use, but its not usually more than 50-100Nm higher. The G280-16 is the only gearbox available on the 3000Nm SLT and its built tougher for that engine.
rookie_one

#29 Post by rookie_one » 09 Jan 2018 02:47

G is probably for gearbox :p
Snoman

#30 Post by Snoman » 09 Jan 2018 14:19

Well since its German maybe Getriebe or Getriebegehäuse? lol not sure how good google translate is... :D

Return to “Modding Guides”