Proper load order for Maps

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
TMM10

Re: Proper load order for Maps

#781 Post by TMM10 » 15 Dec 2020 00:57

In the list the Caribbean Map is spelled wrong.
ImageImage
Not so bored gamer that wants to do random stuff
500+ hours on American Truck Simulator
50+ hours on Euro Truck Simulator 2

Blackspots

#782 Post by Blackspots » 21 Dec 2020 05:12

Ok, minor, but fixed.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

di9girl

#783 Post by di9girl » 23 Dec 2020 13:03

I seem to have a mod not in the list, I think it's from the Canada files:

promods-cap-v113

Where would it go in the list?
Tammie :)

Qizmett

#784 Post by Qizmett » 23 Dec 2020 22:15

That's the ProMods Cabin Accessory pack that adds mugs and things with the ProMods logo. To be honest, I thought it worked only for ETS2, I hadn't thought to try it for ATS myself. :lol: To answer your question, I don't think it matters much where you put that as far as I know.

Blackspots

#785 Post by Blackspots » 31 Dec 2020 00:36

@di9girl Since that isn't a map mod, it isn't dealt with here. But as @Qizmett said, its the Cabin Accessory pack, which can go below the maps.
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Wolfseye

#786 Post by Wolfseye » 09 Feb 2021 09:12

I really dont understand what you're doing there on the first page with the load order you posted there. Especially, since you put after that a video from Wombat, which Combo order ist completely different than what you're saying.

Thats how I learned it.

And if you post one of his videos, how come you're way of doing is so different ? This is one of the things I never really understood, and what made me never really understand the logic behind the sorting in the Mod Manager. How can there be so many different ways, if everyone says that his way is the way to do it ? If the right order of mods is so important in Games like ATS or ETS2, how come everyone makes his own order and it still works.

No offence intended, its all good. ;)

But its mindbuggling for me to really ever understand the right way of doing things, then noticing so different ways other people do it, and wondering which in the end is the correct way. Cant there be only one right way ? If not, why is there a order of mods anyways :)

One day i'll understand. Maybe ^^

Reinhard

#787 Post by Reinhard » 09 Feb 2021 09:35

Mod order is only a more or less helpful guideline for people who don't exactly know what's in the mods.

The game don't need any mod order, if the mods don't conflict. I, for example, bypass the mod manager and let the game simply load everything in alphabetical order, never caring about the names. It simply doesn't matter. Because I don't tolerate conflicts, so I never have any such problem.

A mod order can never exclude conflicts, it is just a way to (hopefully) make bad effects, resulting from conflicts, less probable. And even the best mod order can not handle the many mods which don't cover only a single mod order category. If you don't carefully check a mod, you will never know if it is really the kind of mod, as which it is advertised. A map mod can change the AI, a traffic mod can interfere with a map mod, all kind of things can happen. And they do.

Blackspots

#788 Post by Blackspots » 14 Feb 2021 00:39

@Wolfseye I prefer loading my maps at the top of the load order, because the game loads mods from the bottom up, which means things at the top are loaded last, giving them higher priority.

DawkinsGaming

#789 Post by DawkinsGaming » 01 Mar 2021 05:07

I just loaded the map mods according to the list at the start of this thread and I can't load my game now. When I click "continue game" the loading bar goes to about 85-90% and then gets hung up. I'm not sure where I am going wrong. Is there anyone that would be willing to take a look at my mod list to see what might be causing the issue?

Digital X

#790 Post by Digital X » 01 Mar 2021 09:28

@DawkinsGaming I can take a look.

Edit: Forgot this isn't Vinnies load order. I would recommend taking a look here: viewtopic.php?f=201&t=292914

Try the ones in the thread linked above and see if that solves your issue.
Working on a standalone ETS2 Countryside map.

Return to “Modding Guides”