Any Tutorials on Modding Traffic Density/Speed?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
VonZipper1994

Any Tutorials on Modding Traffic Density/Speed?

#1 Post by VonZipper1994 » 28 May 2019 00:30

I know there are already a few mods out there for modifying the AI traffic, yet I was wanting to try changing some of the settings myself. I know about changing the density in the config.cfg file, I wanted access to more detailed settings. I'm new to modding, but I can follow instructions. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it. :)

TMM10

Re: Any Tutorials on Modding Traffic Density/Speed?

#2 Post by TMM10 » 24 Jul 2019 00:48

Tried using the console? I found out how to make traffic even heavier or dissappear.
ImageImage
Not so bored gamer that wants to do random stuff
500+ hours on American Truck Simulator
50+ hours on Euro Truck Simulator 2

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Any Tutorials on Modding Traffic Density/Speed?

#3 Post by Madkine » 24 Jul 2019 21:49

Download one of the existing mods and pull it apart to see how it works.

Return to “Modding Guides”