FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SlavJerry

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2541 Post by SlavJerry » 11 Nov 2021 01:07

how can I fix it?
I make mods

yeah that's pretty much it
Optional Features

#2542 Post by Optional Features » 11 Nov 2021 01:24

Slavthailand wrote: 10 Nov 2021 23:40 my mods have a sound glitch problem that sometimes some sounds (mostly sounds with high pitch) will struggle and glitch like this
https://youtu.be/vTLiO3ekXno?t=1253
first I thought it was just performance problem and plan to optimize it, but yesterday this glitch happened to my conversion mod that have very basic sound system and no special effects

any idea about this problem?
Yep, we had that when running multiple sound mods (and trucks with different engines) at the same time. Seemed to not happen when we all ran the same motor.

Glad the stream was useful! :D
serialblack

#2543 Post by serialblack » 11 Nov 2021 08:01

Slavthailand wrote: 11 Nov 2021 01:07 how can I fix it?
You personally may not be able to, other than removing bloated sound mods and going without. As far as your own mods go, all you can do is try to make them as efficient as possible. I am working on one now where the remote sound is a mere 12 samples and still maintains all the features of the full sound, although it is slightly lower quality its not noticeable.
Travismods

#2544 Post by Travismods » 11 Nov 2021 13:25

@Robinicus Anybody know why all the Robinicus mods disappeared from the workshop?
PBandJ

#2545 Post by PBandJ » 11 Nov 2021 14:18

When I go to the engine mod of his in my subscribed mods it is still there and if I mouse over it a message appears saying he will not support his public versions any longer past 1.42. I can't read the full reason why but first part says he has had enough of the nonsense that comes along with providing public offerings.

Edit: Apparently he has removed me from friends list since he doesn't show in my friends list any longer. Guess he takes it out on everyone.... :(
Last edited by PBandJ on 11 Nov 2021 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Travismods

#2546 Post by Travismods » 11 Nov 2021 14:38

PBandJ wrote: 11 Nov 2021 14:18 When I go to the engine mod of his in my subscribed mods it is still there and if I mouse over it a message appears saying he will not support his public versions any longer past 1.42. I can't read the full reason why but first part says he has had enough of the nonsense that comes along with providing public offerings.
Sad cause he seems to be pulling all his mods, the spawn mods too and the vegetation LOD mod. I am using 1.41 version.
Robinicus

#2547 Post by Robinicus » 11 Nov 2021 14:44

I am only going to be modding for friends and providing content for other modders to help them with their work from now on.....just had enough TBH
serialblack

#2548 Post by serialblack » 12 Nov 2021 02:29

@Robinicus Don't blame you one bit. The entire community has become so toxic toward anyone that isn't a "favorite". Good luck on any future ventures.
mackintosh

#2549 Post by mackintosh » 12 Nov 2021 10:29

@Robinicus Sorry to hear that mate, but it was a long time coming. I'm surprised you've shown as much patience as you did, tbh.
Drive Safely

#2550 Post by Drive Safely » 13 Nov 2021 02:25

I have discovered some noteworthy game files in 1.43. It looks like SCS listened to our feedback and has given us control of the interior sound equalization!

In the interior definitions folder for each truck, at least two files are now needed to specify the sound insulation and reverb effects.

Although in ATS 1.43.0.38s (ETS2 seems to have the correct settings for the trucks I have tested so far), the sounds have been amplified in the interior.
It has affected sound mods as well - kriechbaum's sounds would feel like ~100% in the engine sound slider if you had the slider at 50%... and Zeemod's sounds would feel like ~150% in the engine sound slider if you had the slider at 100%.

However, we can correct the interior sound now. I already have temporarily applied these corrections for the early open beta stage with my mod on the Steam Workshop for ATS.

Here is my config for sound_effects.sui

Code: Select all

# Configuration of the sound effects for the cabin interior/exterior sound equalizations.
	effect_equalizer_cabin_inside: .effect.equalizer.cabin.inside
	effect_equalizer_cabin_outside: .effect.equalizer.cabin.outside

# Configuration of the sound effects for the interior reverb and the windows opening sound equalizations.
	effect_reverb_window_closed: .effect.reverb.window.closed
	effect_reverb_window_opened: .effect.reverb.window.opened
	effect_add_window_eq_closed: .effect.add.window_eq.closed
	effect_add_window_eq_opened: .effect.add.window_eq.opened
Here are my baseline settings so far for sound_effects_units.sui - feel free to copy this and tweak it to your liking. These settings will bring back the normal volume levels in the interior.

Code: Select all

# Configuration of the sound effects for the interior reverb and the windows opening sound equalizations.
#
# .effect.reverb.window.closed / .opened = Reverb settings for fully closed / opened windows.
# .effect.equalizer.windows.closed / .opened = 3-eq settings for fully closed / opened windows for central (interior) sound.
# .effect.add.window_eq.closed / .opened = 3-eq settings for additive sound of fully closed / opened window. (Applied for left/right windows independently.)
#
# Sfx reverb parameters:
#	decay_time		- Decay Time       	: Reverberation decay time at low-frequencies in milliseconds.  Ranges from 100.0 to 20000.0. Default is 1500.
#	early_delay		- Early Delay     	: Delay time of first reflection in milliseconds.  Ranges from 0.0 to 300.0.  Default is 20.
#	late_delay		- Reverb Delay    	: Late reverberation delay time relative to first reflection in milliseconds.  Ranges from 0.0 to 100.0.  Default is 40.
#	hf_reference		- HF Reference     	: Reference frequency for high-frequency decay in Hz.  Ranges from 20.0 to 20000.0. Default is 5000.
#	hf_decay_ratio: 	- Decay HF Ratio   	: High-frequency decay time relative to decay time in percent.  Ranges from 10.0 to 100.0. Default is 50.
#	diffusion		- Diffusion        	: Reverberation diffusion (echo density) in percent.  Ranges from 0.0 to 100.0.  Default is 100.
#	density			- Density          	: Reverberation density (modal density) in percent.  Ranges from 0.0 to 100.0.  Default is 100.
#	low_shelf_frequency	- Low Shelf Frequency	: Transition frequency of low-shelf filter in Hz.  Ranges from 20.0 to 1000.0. Default is 250.
#	low_shelf_gain		- Low Shelf Gain   	: Gain of low-shelf filter in dB.  Ranges from -36.0 to 12.0.  Default is 0.
#	high_cut		- High Cut         	: Cutoff frequency of low-pass filter in Hz.  Ranges from 20.0 to 20000.0. Default is 20000.
#	early_late_mix		- Early/Late Mix   	: Blend ratio of late reverb to early reflections in percent.  Ranges from 0.0 to 100.0.  Default is 50.
#	wet_level		- Wet Level        	: Reverb signal level in dB.  Ranges from -80.0 to 20.0.  Default is -6.
#	dry_level		- Dry Level        	: Dry signal level in dB.  Ranges from -80.0 to 20.0.  Default is 0.
#
# Sfx 3-equalizer
#	low_gain		- Low frequency gain. Units: Decibels Range: [-80, 10] Default: 0
#	mid_gain		- Mid frequency gain. Units: Decibels Range: [-80, 10] Default: 0
#	high_gain		- High frequency gain. Units: Decibels Range: [-80, 10] Default: 0
#	low_crossover		- Low-to-mid crossover frequency. Units: Hertz Range: [10, 22000] Default: 400
#	high_crossover		- Mid-to-high crossover frequency. Units: Hertz Range: [10, 22000] Default: 4000
#	crossover_slope		- Crossover Slope where 0 is 12dB/Octave, 1 is 24dB/Octave and 2 is 48dB/Octave.
#
#	Please be very careful when setting a large difference boundaries for the low_crossover, high_crossover parameters on the same equalizer.
#	Large differences can generate unwanted sound patterns.

sound_reverb_data : .effect.reverb.window.closed	
{
	decay_time: 160.0
	early_delay: 10.0
	late_delay: 5.0
	hf_reference: 4000.0
	hf_decay_ratio: 45.0
	diffusion: 40.0
	density: 75.0
	low_shelf_frequency: 250.0
	low_shelf_gain: 0.0
	high_cut: 8000.0
	early_late_mix: 65.0
	wet_level: -12.0
	dry_level: -5.5
}

sound_reverb_data : .effect.reverb.window.opened
{
	decay_time: 250.0
	early_delay: 2.0
	late_delay: 3.0
	hf_reference: 5000.0
	hf_decay_ratio: 30.0
	diffusion: 40.0
	density: 30.0
	low_shelf_frequency: 500.0
	low_shelf_gain: -20.0
	high_cut: 14000.0
	early_late_mix: 50.0
	wet_level: -10.0
	dry_level: -2.5
}

sound_three_eq_data : .effect.equalizer.cabin.inside
{
	low_gain: -4.0
	mid_gain: -6.0
	high_gain: -11.0
	low_crossover: 1200.0
	high_crossover: 10000.0
	crossover_slope: 1
}

sound_three_eq_data : .effect.equalizer.cabin.outside
{
	low_gain: 0.0
	mid_gain: 0.0
	high_gain: 0.0
	low_crossover: 400.0
	high_crossover: 22000.0
}

sound_three_eq_data : .effect.add.window_eq.closed
{
	low_gain: -1.0
	mid_gain: -7.0
	high_gain: -17.0
	high_crossover: 4000.0
}

sound_three_eq_data : .effect.add.window_eq.opened
{
	low_gain: -3.0
	mid_gain: -3.0
	high_gain: -3.0
	high_crossover: 4000.0
}
Also noteworthy on the SCS blog:

"This is just the first iteration of this update, as in the future we plan to bring more accurate attenuation simulation by the size of the truck cab. This update has been applied to all trucks in both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator."

Sound modders can actually implement this now, and this is the way I would recommend because SCS will go this route eventually.
Instead of creating a sound_effects_units.sui file, you can have your own standalone .sui file for each type of truck cab. You can then @include that .sui file in the .sii file for the truck cab type.
This way you can specify different settings such as more accurate reverb depending on the truck cab (e.g. sleeper, day cab). It's quite interesting to tweak. :) Many thanks to SCS Software for adding this.

@kriechbaum - Your wish came true! :D

Return to “Modding Guides”