FMOD AI traffic sound workflow [BEGINNER]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
cip

Re: FMOD AI traffic sound workflow [BEGINNER]

#21 Post by cip » 14 Apr 2020 12:38

good to know about your discoveries ;) for traffic I think however that only center is the right setting, not left, right, back, but for trucks engines what you currently do it seems wonderful ;) about distances you say that you have tested a lot with live update, so then what's your opinion about default values? I see you have no problems with maximum distance at 200 meters which for me is enormous high, any engine shall not be heard that far in game although in reality it's possible. with high traffic density and long distances the sound of traffic will be a mess of sounds where you won't understand anything :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Rockeropasiempre

#22 Post by Rockeropasiempre » 14 Apr 2020 14:17

@cip correct, the distance at 200 meters is huge. I already carried out the appropriate tests, and I guarantee that 0 of minimum, and between 50 and 70 meters of maximum is quite good and acceptable. In the future, I will download them again, but today I continue with the margins provided by scs
Image Image

Always soft

cip

#23 Post by cip » 14 Apr 2020 14:58

well these margins are for truck engines not for traffic. I would be surprised to see larger values of 100 meters for traffic in SCS files (when they will decide to share it) :) as for minimum distance my understanding is that it means the distance is when the 3D effect starts, so here I like to keep it between 5 and 10 meters, so the sound of an Ai nearby will hear as it's there not with 3D effect yet ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Modding Guides”