map editing questions:

Viper28

map editing questions:

#1 Post by Viper28 » 05 May 2020 23:02

Is it even possible to create a copy of the base american map to fiddle with in map editor? Also, I have been following the instructions on the SCS page and yet run into the run the application again with the command line "-edit" and have not been able to resolve this. any help is appreciated.

PaZz_

Re: map editing questions:

#2 Post by PaZz_ » 07 May 2020 15:08

Here's a handy tool to avoid using Steam command line: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=279211&hilit=launcher
Set Game mode to "Map Editor" and fill "usa" in Editor starting map. This will let you edit the base game map. Then saving the map in the editor creates a copy of the vanilla map in your ATS/base/map directory.

Mealone2

#3 Post by Mealone2 » 25 Aug 2020 15:21

I tried my hand at editing/creating a map. I closed the left lane on a bridge with cones, barriers, containers, and so on. After "mod compression" Started ATS, Drove to location.... I was very impressed with my work. But AI trucks, busses and cars drove through it! as if it wasn't there, grrrrr.

How do I divert these stubben creatures to break and move to the right-lane to pass my creation? I'm sure it's just something I missed!

Also I seem to have somekind of invisible walls. But that's only for me, AI drive through that too! How can I remove them?

Can't find any documentation on finetuning in the editor.
Hope you can help me. I'd like to experiment further, but I'm wasting more time looking for stuff that may or may not excist, than creating!
Cheers
Mealone

PaZz_

#4 Post by PaZz_ » 28 Aug 2020 09:45

The AI paths are predefined for each prefab or road segment and not easily customizable. You can tick the option "No AI" in prefab/road settings to disable all AI. Then you can add a trajectory for custom AI paths.

Invisible walls are most of the time caused by a unchecked "No Boundary" option in prefab or road settings. You can see invisible walls by clicking on View -> Collisions

Mealone2

#5 Post by Mealone2 » 31 Aug 2020 20:10

Thank's PaZz for your reply.
I knew about the collisions option, it just made the view complicated because it' on top of a crossroads.

All I need to learn now is how to place a trajectory, I've seen them on 'Gas stations' but not in the library.
I found Roextended, I've learned a lot from him, but I'm still only half way through. He is also a plesant guy to listen too.

Anyway, I will take your advice, ofcourse. Thank's again

Return to “Modding Guides”